• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Caught Spying on Student, FBI Demands GPS Tracker Back

neutrallyskewed

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
read it here
Wired states: A California student got a visit from the FBI this week after he found a secret GPS tracking device on his car, and a friend posted photos of it online. The post prompted wide speculation about whether the device was real, whether the young Arab-American was being targeted in a terrorism investigation and what the authorities would do...

I wonder what would have happened if the student denied returning the device

Last edited:
read it here

I wonder what would have happened if the student denied returning the device

I would have just put it on a city bus and claimed to never have seen it.

"Hmmm, subject 24-A seems to have a very regular pattern in his movements, with regular stops..."

"Hmmm, subject 24-A seems to have a very regular pattern in his movements, with regular stops..."

Great idea just be sure to wipe your prints.

I do have to wonder why the FBI was intereseted in the first place.

I have been openly investgated by the FBI, the Arizona, Department of Public Safety, and the State of California so that I can carry a concealed weopon, and they never put a tracking devise on my truck or motorcycle.

Don't you wonder why they were wanting to know his movements?

I have been openly investgated by the FBI, the Arizona, Department of Public Safety, and the State of California so that I can carry a concealed weopon, and they never put a tracking devise on my truck or motorcycle.

I'm not particularly interested, no. I'm sure they have a reason, but with zero information I'm not going to bother speculating. He could be Osama Bin Laden in disguise or he could just be some college student who happens to share a last name with someone on a no-fly list. The article makes it sound like a friend of his wrote something dumb on a blog.

Last edited:

Probably for some bul##hi#t reason for him being Egyptian. It's really sad how we do profiling---it works to a certain extent, but with our government, it's not for safety reasons, it's just paranoia

Last edited:

I'da took a hammer to it and then sent it back to them.

Back
Top Bottom