• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Caucasian Peace Officers Association?

SgtRock

Cancel Cancel Culture and Woke Supremacy
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Why are there not Caucasian, White, or European American Peace Officers Associations ? I noticed this when I was watching my local news here in Dallas and they had a story about the Latino Peace Officers Association. There is a National Black Police Officers Association, Asian Police Officers Associations, American Muslim Law Enforcement Officers Association. There are Police Officers Associations for mostly every group. There are some Irish and Italian Associations, but those are based on ethnicity not race like Latin, Black, Asian, or White.

Police Officer Associations serve the purpose of looking out for the intrest of thier members, right? Unless you want to have a White Police Officers Association. You can't do that because you would be labled racist.

And another thing what about organizations like the NAACP, LULAC, LaRaza and others are they racist organizations? Just askin because any pro white organization is automatically assumed to be racist.

All of you white people should be ashamed of your ethnicity. Don't dare to form an organization for white people you racist bigots. You must atone for the sins of your ancestors. :roll:

Once I walked into the "Black Student Union" at our local community college and asked directions to the White Student's Union." I was later called out of class and warned not to be making racial waves on campus.

Thats funny cap. You made your point in a non confrontational way. I wonder if any of those students gave much thought to the obvious double standard.

You asked, "Why are there not Caucasian, White, or European American Peace Officers Associations?"

They exist, they are called...
Police Emerald Societies, or
Polish American Police Association of America, or
Italian American Police Officers Association, or
The International German American Police Association.

However, you say these are based on "ethnicity not race" but they all have a commonality, the memberships are from European decent. Just because there is no official “white officer association” does not mean the white officers have no place to go. Come on.

Last edited:
Once I walked into the "Black Student Union" at our local community college and asked directions to the White Student's Union." I was later called out of class and warned not to be making racial waves on campus.

What I find more ridiculous is that you were pulled from class to be essentially "shamed" for just asking a question.....

They exist, they are called...
Police Emerald Societies, or
Polish American Police Association of America, or
Italian American Police Officers Association, or
The International German American Police Association.

They exist so it is a non issue.

What if I want to be in an all encompassing one?

You know, like the Latino one....Latino doesnt specify which ethnicity the group supports.....Could be a mix of Mexicans, Hondurans, El Salvadorans, Columbians, Panamenians, etc.

If I am a mutt white person like all crackers are, which group should I join? The Irish group... or the English group? And then again, who is to say there arent black irishmen? What if I dont want to be in a group with blacks, as they apparently dont want crackers in their special club.....

What if I want to be in an all encompassing one?

You know, like the Latino one....Latino doesnt specify which ethnicity the group supports.....Could be a mix of Mexicans, Hondurans, El Salvadorans, Columbians, Panamenians, etc.

If I am a mutt white person like all crackers are, which group should I join? The Irish group... or the English group? And then again, who is to say there arent black irishmen? What if I dont want to be in a group with blacks, as they apparently dont want crackers in their special club.....

If you want one, make one.

If you want one, make one.

Officers have attempted to organize White Police Officer Associations in the past. They were labled racist organizations. Admit it, there is a double standard. Its ok to have Latino, Black, or Asian Associations but not White.

Minority organizations exist because they're supposed to serve an identifiable community of political interest. By definition, they counter the influence of the mainstream. Historically, whites haven't had an identifiable interest separate from that of the mainstream, so there was no real reason to have a white organization without a racist agenda. One could argue that whites are on the way to being just another group among many, but I think we have some way to go before that happens.

you can't discriminate against a majority :roll:

As a state actor you can't, at least in theory. A private citizen might be able to, but as a member of the majority you would always have recourse to the state. Your government is your advocacy group.

Last edited:
Why are there not Caucasian, White, or European American Peace Officers Associations ? I noticed this when I was watching my local news here in Dallas and they had a story about the Latino Peace Officers Association. There is a National Black Police Officers Association, Asian Police Officers Associations, American Muslim Law Enforcement Officers Association. There are Police Officers Associations for mostly every group. There are some Irish and Italian Associations, but those are based on ethnicity not race like Latin, Black, Asian, or White.

Police Officer Associations serve the purpose of looking out for the intrest of thier members, right? Unless you want to have a White Police Officers Association. You can't do that because you would be labled racist.

And another thing what about organizations like the NAACP, LULAC, LaRaza and others are they racist organizations? Just askin because any pro white organization is automatically assumed to be racist.

All of you white people should be ashamed of your ethnicity. Don't dare to form an organization for white people you racist bigots. You must atone for the sins of your ancestors. :roll:

well, i can't think of a single pro white organization that isn't racist, can you?

:thumbs: Haha I love this. And why would they call you racist over that? It just shows the double standard and hypocrisy of many racial groups.

you can't discriminate against a majority :roll:

Why not?

Discrimination can happen to anyone or any group by anyone or any group - for any reason. Just because they're in the majority doesn't mean that they're automatically barred or protected from unfair treatment by others.

well, i can't think of a single pro white organization that isn't racist, can you?

Would you consider ANY organization that exists to promote a race racist? Is the NAACP racist because at its forefront is the promotion of Colored People? Is La Raza racist because it promotes advancement of Hispanics?

My exoperience is that all people have the ability to succeed. Even playing fields and with high expectations there are no limitations for those driven to succeed. However if you tell people they cant succeed...its not their fault, they dont have to meet the same standards or far more damning...they arent CAPABLE...and all you have done (and HAS been done for 150 years) is perpetuate the problem. Now who REALLY benefits from the promotion of a downtrodden people...

Why not?

Discrimination can happen to anyone or any group by anyone or any group - for any reason. Just because they're in the majority doesn't mean that they're automatically barred or protected from unfair treatment by others.

yet you set up anything that favours the majority, and it'll get labeled discriminatory, utter ****, but thats the way it is.

Would you consider ANY organization that exists to promote a race racist? Is the NAACP racist because at its forefront is the promotion of Colored People? Is La Raza racist because it promotes advancement of Hispanics?

My exoperience is that all people have the ability to succeed. Even playing fields and with high expectations there are no limitations for those driven to succeed. However if you tell people they cant succeed...its not their fault, they dont have to meet the same standards or far more damning...they arent CAPABLE...and all you have done (and HAS been done for 150 years) is perpetuate the problem. Now who REALLY benefits from the promotion of a downtrodden people...

people have the ability, but sometimes not the opportunity. at one point, there was a very legitimate need for the naacp, as whites in this country were determined not to share our bounty with the very people we enslaved and who helped create our wealth. and as racist organizations exist today for the sole purpose of denying rights to minorites, maybe there is still a need for the naacp. the naacp does not exist to deny white people their rights, but to ensure black people's rights are not trampled on. big difference.

people have the ability, but sometimes not the opportunity. at one point, there was a very legitimate need for the naacp, as whites in this country were determined not to share our bounty with the very people we enslaved and who helped create our wealth. and as racist organizations exist today for the sole purpose of denying rights to minorites, maybe there is still a need for the naacp. the naacp does not exist to deny white people their rights, but to ensure black people's rights are not trampled on. big difference.

I dont disagree and Im a big time advocate for hand-ups. I just think that if the organizations and programs were truly invested in helping those they profess to help then they would do things and advocate things that bring about positive change. using the NAACP for example, if they spent as time advocating for change within the balck community as they did placing blame, then the black communities would be far more advanced than they are. If they placed a higher premium on education and intellectual development and if they denounced all the personally destructive and community and family destructive practices in the black community, they would be more advanced. And frankly there have been set aside jobs programs since the early 70s. they havent created greater opportunity.

When the black rights organizations sued the fire departments because they felt it was unfair that blacks that had inferior test results to whites werent given promotion opportunities, wouldnt it have been more beneficial long term for those organizations to say "hey, dumbass, hit the books...study...you know what is required to get promoted...do your damn job...dont get all pissed off because you didnt score better and dont give me some bull**** tapdance about you cant. Do it. Stop looking for excuses." Now...maybe its just me...but Im willing to bet that if they did that then next time they had to test, if promotion mattered to them they would score at the same levels as their counterparts.

I dont disagree and Im a big time advocate for hand-ups. I just think that if the organizations and programs were truly invested in helping those they profess to help then they would do things and advocate things that bring about positive change. using the NAACP for example, if they spent as time advocating for change within the balck community as they did placing blame, then the black communities would be far more advanced than they are. If they placed a higher premium on education and intellectual development and if they denounced all the personally destructive and community and family destructive practices in the black community, they would be more advanced. And frankly there have been set aside jobs programs since the early 70s. they havent created greater opportunity.

When the black rights organizations sued the fire departments because they felt it was unfair that blacks that had inferior test results to whites werent given promotion opportunities, wouldnt it have been more beneficial long term for those organizations to say "hey, dumbass, hit the books...study...you know what is required to get promoted...do your damn job...dont get all pissed off because you didnt score better and dont give me some bull**** tapdance about you cant. Do it. Stop looking for excuses." Now...maybe its just me...but Im willing to bet that if they did that then next time they had to test, if promotion mattered to them they would score at the same levels as their counterparts.

i do not understand it when people speak to the missions of an organizations when they clearly don't know what that organizations does. i'm serious, what do you think the naacp advocates and what programs do you think they fund and administer?

NAACP - Education

i do not understand it when people speak to the missions of an organizations when they clearly don't know what that organizations does. i'm serious, what do you think the naacp advocates and what programs do you think they fund and administer?

NAACP - Education

Oh hey...dont get me wrong...they have a pretty website...they sponsor some education (those were some nice pretty clean schools on their website!). I APPLAUD those things. Now...when do you see them speaking with the same kind of vigor on the stupidity and destruction within their community that they do speaking OUT against 'opression'? I can tell you the LAST time I saw it...it was just following Clintons first election...Jessie took off the suit and went into the schools and communities...he was laying it on heavy...becoming a real leader (Im not being sarcastic)...and then...it stopped. Seems that hard message requiring persoanl responsibility wasnt selling so well.

I said I dont disagree with you and I mean it. I am all for addressing inequality...Im even for providing programs that open doors previously shut. But what we have seen in the last 40 years...its just not 'progress'. I gave the example of the recent fireman promotion snafu. Thats just one of many. The message should be raise yourself up, dont expect others to lower to include you. and the thing is...they WILL. We see it in the military. We see it in colleges.

I cant think of a pro-minority group that isnt racist as hell either.

yet you set up anything that favours the majority, and it'll get labeled discriminatory, utter ****, but thats the way it is.

And so it's not OK for 'white' people to form a 'white' group - because they're white - yet considered a majority, are they not?

That's an example of discrimination against a majority right there. . . denying something for a group based on race IS discrimination.

This discussion is important. The double standard needs to be eliminated if we are ever going to be one people, Americans.

Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language.. And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people.' ~
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Officers have attempted to organize White Police Officer Associations in the past. They were labled racist organizations. Admit it, there is a double standard. Its ok to have Latino, Black, or Asian Associations but not White.

Ok, so I did a quick search on “Caucasian Police Association” and I found this article. Harris County deputy launches Caucasian Law Enforcement Association | khou.com | khou.com Local News Funny thing about this article, the vice president of the Mexican-American Sheriff’s Association (same county) is reported to have said he did not have a problem with the group being formed. Granted others (including the overall sheriff’s association) said they did have a problem with it.

Looking for other “white officer groups”, I found the story of Ronnie Williams, Good Cop, White Cop - Page 1 - News - Denver - Westword and Colorado: Racial Preferences and Reverse Discrimination against Police, Firefighters and Municipal Employees..
He started a group called Denver Police White Officers Association; he later changed it to the Denver Police Equal Rights Association. In his case, Mr. Michael Lemmons (the president of the Black Police group) said “If it's about equal rights for all, that's a good thing. If it's special treatment for some, that would be a bad thing.”

I think Officer Williams put his foot in his mouth and sounded vindictive when he made statements like, “Some officers, Williams said, have felt passed over for promotions and jobs in favor of minority candidates.” He apparently liked the taste of Kiwi polish a whole lot and said, "My main objective was just to make them aware that, hey, the white guys are out here, too, and all these promotions aren't going unseen."

It is his right to say it, but both statements are pretty confrontational and not starting on a good foot. He also continued to make the case against himself by going on record with, "Some of my best friends on the force are black…and they think the Hispanics are targeted over them sometimes. So it's not just a white issue." The old “they think it too” defense…not good. It no longer sounds like a social group for whites, it sounds like a justification for a retaliatory action group for perceived wrongs.

Before you jump me on “perceived”, understand I believe the maxim “Perception is reality to the observer and not even the facts or empirical data can dissuade them from the “perceived facts” they already hold.”

If officers want to form an all encompassing “white group” that is their right under the 1st Amendment of the US Constitution. If they decide not to form/join a “white group” because they are afraid they might look bad for being in it… then the issue must not be that important to them.

Whether you believe they are right or wrong, Deputy Daniel McCool and Officer Ronnie Williams stood up for what they believed in. When their consciences asked “Why are there not Caucasian, White, or European American Peace Officers Associations”, they “made one” and stood up to the critics. They face some of the criticisms the minority officers of the past faced when they decided to make “their” organizations in their respective jurisdictions.

Back
Top Bottom