• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

cats or dogs?

If it comes to make a choice, do you prefer cast or dogs as a pet?

• cats

• dogs

• neither

Results are only viewable after voting.

Rumpel

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
If it comes to make a choice, do you prefer a cat or a dog as a pet?

This is a single-choice poll now.

If it comes to make a choice, do you prefer cast or dogs as a pet?

For "cast" read "cats".
It seems that line cannot be edited.

I love both, but if I had to choose, then dogs.

I actually like both animals, so it would depend on my "living circumstances" as to which I would prefer.

If I am living in an Urban setting, then I'd prefer a cat, as Cats are more independent (don't need me to watch them all day), and more self-sufficient (they can be potty-trained to use a litterbox, and can find their own entertainment when not sleeping). You do have to provide them with some diversion systems (cat-toys, scratching posts, litter box), but for an urban environment they make better pets.

If I am living in a Country setting (suburb, or small town) where I can have a yard, and places to take the animal outside without dealing with masses of vehicles, people, and other "distractions," then I'd prefer a dog. IMO Dogs are more typically energetic pack animals needing constant interaction and play. They can be harder to potty-train, and can get bored and thus be pretty destructive if left on their own for long periods of time (like one's workday). So they need an area outside to roam and play while master is away. But they are loyal, will actively defend you, and clearly show boundless love if you treat them right.

Last edited:
  • Total voters 2
1 x cats
1 x dogs

I love both, but if I had to choose, then dogs.

Well, there comes a time in every person's life, when they have to make a decision:

cat or dog?
tea or coffee?
beer or wine?

Now the cats have equalized. :)

I have a 6 month old chocolate lab on the couch beside me and the world's best cat on my lap*. I couldn't choose between them so couldn't vote.

*yes, typing is hard.

I have a 6 month old chocolate lab on the couch beside me and the world's best cat on my lap*. I couldn't choose between them so couldn't vote.

*yes, typing is hard.
Same here Allan, can't vote in that poll. I've had both and love both cats and dogs all my adult life. Currently have a sweet Labradoodle and a Manx cat, both are the greatest, love them equally and best of all, they love each other. 💙

Cats in the city, dogs in the country.

@ Cat Goddess Bastet

Bastet, a prominent cat goddess from Ancient Egypt, is probably the most famous of all the cat gods. You’ve likely seen images of her in her most common form, with the head of a cat and the body of a woman. Her physical, earthly form, is entirely feline. She’d look like any other house cat, although she’d probably have an air of authority

https://historycooperative.org/cat-gods-feline-deities/

• Total voters 5
3 x cats
2 x dogs

i grew up with cats, and had several that i really loved. however, my toy fox terrier was love at first sight. she's almost 16 now, and is doing ok, knock on wood. she is currently asking for a snack, so i'm going to make that happen.

Would you agree that cats are divine?
Goddesses and Gods.

Praise be to the Easter Bunny!
And also praise be to the Easter Cats - if there are any! :)

Same here Allan, can't vote in that poll. I've had both and love both cats and dogs all my adult life. Currently have a sweet Labradoodle and a Manx cat, both are the greatest, love them equally and best of all, they love each other. 💙

3 out of 7 can say: cats :)

If I could rain cats to hunt deer I would, however dogs fit that bill much better, dogs can do things like hunt animals, track animals, be your best friend, guard your house, wipe their butt on the carpet because they have worms but can't speak english to tell you etc.

Cats can do some fancy things though, my freind has a stray cat living there, freindliest cat ever, however they let the cat be because it lives under the mobile home and the rats decided to move in, well the cat decided mice are it's favorite thing to kill.

I love dogs, especially German Shepherds, but I'm not home enough to care for a dog, so cats are my #1 choice.

@Rumpel: A suggestion...
Don't EVER create a poll question about cat vs dog without including a BOTH option.
Without that "BOTH" option your poll looks incredibly insincere, and I think you KNOW this, because MILLIONS of people do HAVE both.

Back
Top Bottom