• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Cats on the kitchen counter?

• Perfectly fine.

Votes: 6 14.6%
  • Meh.

Votes: 11 26.8%
  • Hell no, that's disgusting.

Votes: 20 48.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 9.8%

• Total voters
Wouldn't think anything of it. My parents dog climbs up on the table.

As long as the are not getting into the food it is ok with me

They know not to let me catch them. But sometimes I wish I had a nanny-cam to see what the man-cat and his BFF the dog are up to because I walk in the door and find that nobody's cleaned up from the party.

Depends on whether it is my cat and my counter or whether it is your cat on your counter when I am planning on eating your grub. Generally though, I oppose it, especially if they spend time outdoors.

I knock 'em off it when I catch them, so not so much.

There was a white kitten I had one time, though... every morning when I got up, she was always sitting on top of the coffee maker, as if she knew that was the first place I'd go and wanted to be sure she got my attention immediately. It was so cute I let it slide....

All our cats have known they were not allowed on the kitchen counters, so they stay off the counters... until we leave the room or go to sleep. Dainty paw marks in the windowsill dust and a sprinkling of kitty fur on the counter tile is a giveaway. Unless I want to spend my life sitting on the kitchen island with a spray bottle in my hand until I fall over from sleep deprivation, I wipe down the counter and get on with life.

So...meh.

I love cats, but they are not to be on the kitchen counters, period.

All our cats have known they were not allowed on the kitchen counters, so they stay off the counters... until we leave the room or go to sleep. Dainty paw marks in the windowsill dust and a sprinkling of kitty fur on the counter tile is a giveaway. Unless I want to spend my life sitting on the kitchen island with a spray bottle in my hand until I fall over from sleep deprivation, I wipe down the counter and get on with life.

So...meh.

I have read that if you put aluminum foil, or cardboard with some type of sticky surface facing up, on the counter that they will become conditioned to viewing the counter as a distasteful place to be and they'll stop going there. I haven't had a chance to try it and see if it works or not, though.

So...meh.

Well sure, as long as you wipe them down with bleach before you use them I guess. But I've seen people letting their cats hang out on the counter and not shoo them off.

I just think about all of the things they step in, their litter box especially. :shock:

My cats will go up there, and I don't have a problem, but they know if I yell at them to get down, that means stay off till tomorrow. Means I can have company without worrying.

Antibacterial wipes, and you're good to go. And keep in mind that cats clean themselves a lot. I love the way they spread their toesies when bathing. And they wash up to remove your cooties after you've finished petting them too.

They know not to let me catch them. But sometimes I wish I had a nanny-cam to see what the man-cat and his BFF the dog are up to because I walk in the door and find that nobody's cleaned up from the party.

Hey man-cat said you need to get some beer and hot wings.

The idea of the germs actually bothers me less than the hair. I am pretty fast to the projectile vomit when I get hair in my mouth. I am amazed it doesn't happen more often considering how many dogs we have, especially when they are shedding. I have a mixed breed dog that is the downiest dog that has ever walked this planet--of this I am certain.

Hey man-cat said you need to get some beer and hot wings.

Ya, it's Saturday night. But he's across the road at that opium den. I know there has to be one out there somewhere in the woods, and the boys all smoke something and look at feelthy pictures. Of this I'm sure.

Well sure, as long as you wipe them down with bleach before you use them I guess. But I've seen people letting their cats hang out on the counter and not shoo them off.

I just think about all of the things they step in, their litter box especially. :shock:

Cats can be spreaders of Toxoplasmosis (Toxoplasma infection), which is particularly bad for kids and pregnant women.

Also, can you very where your cat was 5 minutes earlier? Just might have been the liter box.

Ya, it's Saturday night. But he's across the road at that opium den. I know there has to be one out there somewhere in the woods, and the boys all smoke something and look at feelthy pictures. Of this I'm sure.

:lamo Louisiana Saturday night?

The idea of the germs actually bothers me less than the hair. I am pretty fast to the projectile vomit when I get hair in my mouth. I am amazed it doesn't happen more often considering how many dogs we have, especially when they are shedding. I have a mixed breed dog that is the downiest dog that has ever walked this planet--of this I am certain.

:lamo Must be Australian shepherd or have some in him.

Antibacterial wipes, and you're good to go. And keep in mind that cats clean themselves a lot. I love the way they spread their toesies when bathing. And they wash up to remove your cooties after you've finished petting them too.

Isn't it hysterical when they gnaw and yank between each toe, yanking out the most minute trace of lint, sand, or fur mat? Mine almost make me cringe with the gusto of their between-the-toes groomfest! :lol:

And yes, any area you touch will immediately be rewashed!

My dog is an Aussie and although this is not her fault, she is a dirty girl. Stinky. I've had multiple cats all my adult life but have never seen the fur that this dog sheds. And scratches off in clumps because Aussies are prone to skin problems. She's a vacuum-cleaner killer.

Isn't it hysterical when they gnaw and yank between each toe, yanking out the most minute trace of lint, sand, or fur mat? Mine almost make me cringe with the gusto of their between-the-toes groomfest! :lol:

And yes, any area you touch will immediately be rewashed!

I love the elegant way the leg is stretched. Well, usually elegant. And cats are quiet when they're grooming. Every dog I've had makes the most disgusting sucking and slurping sounds.

Back
Top Bottom