• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Catholics who dislike/disagree with the Pope

Most Protestant Christian Bibles are 100% God's Word. Elora's Bible is a fiction book written only by men.
The bible is a fictional book. Claiming your version is not is the same as her claiming her version is right

The Bible is a fictional book. Claiming your version is not is the same as her claiming her version is right.

I clearly stated it is not just my version that comes from God. There are many Bible versions. Most Protestant Christian Bibles are God's Word. The rest are not.

BTW the Bible is actually a collection of 66 books.

I clearly stated it is not just my version that comes from God. There are many Bible versions. Most Protestant Christian Bibles are God's Word. The rest are not.

BTW the Bible is actually a collection of 66 books.
Yeah the Hindus say the same thing about their scriptures. And a 100 other religions

Yeah the Hindus say the same thing about their scriptures. And 100 other religions.

Is that way you refuse to accept the fact one holy book actually is true?

There can't be one god and more than one god at the same time. There can't be at least one god and no gods at the same time. Jesus can't be both conceived the normal way and born of a virgin. Jesus can't be both alive and dead. There must be one true faith. That religion certainly is not atheism because people see proof of God every day (even in Ukraine). You just have to understand who He is and look for Him. Unfortunately, way too many people are unwilling to do that, including Elora.

There can't be one god and more than one god at the same time. There can't be at least one god and no gods at the same time. Jesus can't be both conceived the normal way and born of a virgin. Jesus can't be both alive and dead. There must be one true faith. That religion certainly is not atheism because people see proof of God every day (even in Ukraine). You just have to understand who He is and look for Him. Unfortunately, way too many people are unwilling to do that, including Elora.
There may be a thousand gods or no god at all

I have little faith in those who say only their version of god can exist

There may be a thousand gods or no god at all.

I have little faith in those who say only their version of god can exist

I hate that too. One church close to me teaches only the authorized 1900 King James Version is God's Word in English. The whole denomination (fundamental Baptist) is like that. I know they are wrong because it includes the words EASTER and UNICORN.

Many other Bibles have the necessary corrections, but Elora's Bible has some made-up stuff.

I hate that too. One church close to me teaches only the authorized 1900 King James Version is God's Word in English. The whole denomination (fundamental Baptist) is like that. I know they are wrong because it includes the words EASTER and UNICORN.

Many other Bibles have the necessary corrections, but Elora's Bible has some made-up stuff.
It's all made up dude. The bible was assembled by politicians to control the masses at the time

Most Protestant Christian Bibles are 100% God's Word. Elora's Bible is a fiction book written only by men. She is not a Christian.

But what's your opinion on the OP?

I thank my lucky stars that my brain is missing the part where religion and nationalism are hardwired in.
I dont get any of that, its completely foreign and bizarre to me.
Never had any need at all for any of that. Just the opposite, keep it the F away from me.

It's all made up dude. The Bible was assembled by politicians to control the masses at the time.

The Bible was written centuries before there were politicians and partially autobiographies.

BTW you know I am not a dude.

The Bible was written centuries before there were politicians and partially autobiographies.

BTW you know I am not a dude.
My apologies ma'am. Constantine had the bible assembled to meet his political agenda.

What is most notable is not what is in it but what is left out.

There are certainly not only 4 gospels for instance

Constantine had the Bible assembled to meet his political agenda.

What is most notable is not what is in it but what is left out.

There are certainly not only 4 gospels for instance
Constantine is not one of the authors. He came hundreds of years later.

What politicians did was corrupt the Bible. Protestants corrected errors made by Catholics, so most of their Bibles are accurate.

Exactly what was left out that made the Bible inaccurate? Martin Luther fixed it by removing all 14 Apocrypha books.

Constantine is not one of the authors. He came hundreds of years later.

What politicians did was corrupt the Bible. Protestants corrected errors made by Catholics, so most of their Bibles are accurate.

Exactly what was left out that made the Bible inaccurate? Martin Luther fixed it by removing all 14 Apocrypha books.
Constantine assembled the bible by creating the council of Nicea.

Mary magdalene has a gospel

So does Judas who says he did not betray god

Abs lots more

He is wrong. Jesus is not the Pope so the Pope's mistakes do not extend to meaning Jesus makes any mistakes.

The OP didn't say Jesus was the Pope.....................

What makes your "holy book" any more true than another?
There can't be one god and more than one god at the same time.
Many religions have multiple gods. What makes them wrong and you right?
There can't be at least one god and no gods at the same time.
Where is the evidence for any god/s? Why can't there be no god at all?
Jesus can't be both conceived the normal way and born of a virgin
True. The virgin birth likely did not happen as described. This is a probable explanation.
. Jesus can't be both alive and dead.
True. Jesus dies 2000 years ago.
There must be one true faith.
What makes yours the "true" one? Every religion claims theirs is "true."
That religion certainly is not atheism because people see proof of God every day (even in Ukraine). You just have to understand who He is and look for Him. Unfortunately, way too many people are unwilling to do that, including Elora.
What "proof" is there for a god? Or any god/s for that matter?
I suppose some can say the same for yours.

So you think writing the Bible in its original languages (ancient Hebrew, Aramaic, and Koine Greek, in that order) is the same as putting books together with page breaks, chapter and verse numbers, punctuation, and sentence case letters for easy readability?

Mary Magdalene has a gospel.

So does Judas, who says he did not betray God.

Abs lots more

We can talk about those details in a separate thread, but the whole point of Judas being an apostle was to betray Jesus.

So you think writing the Bible in its original languages (ancient Hebrew, Aramaic, and Koine Greek, in that order) is the same as putting books together with page breaks, chapter and verse numbers, punctuation, and sentence case letters for easy readability?

We can talk about those details in a separate thread, but the whole point of Judas being an apostle was to betray Jesus.
You believe that about Judas because Constantine did not include his gospel in the bible

Face it. He only put what he wanted on there to pacify the masses

The meek shall inherit the world

Turn the other cheek

Give to caesar what is Caesars.

Pacify a population.....without a army

That is a lie...

"Dan Brown did us all a disservice," says Combs. "We don't have evidence that any group of Christians got together and said, 'Let's hash this out once and for all.'" (The Council of Nicea was convened to resolve a religious matter unrelated to the books of the Bible.)

What evidence scholars do have — in the form of theological treatises, letters and church histories that have survived for millennia — points to a much longer process of canonization. From the first through the fourth centuries and beyond, different church leaders and theologians made arguments about which books belonged in the canon, often casting their opponents as heretics.

The books that make up the Bible were written by various people over a period of more than 1,000 years, between 1200 B.C.E. and the first century C.E. The Bible contains a variety of literary genres, including poetry, history, songs, stories, letters and prophetic writings. These were originally written on scrolls of parchment, as opposed to being encapsulated in "books" as we think of them today. (Remember, the printing press wasn't invented until 1440.)
https://people.howstuffworks.com/books-of-bible.htm

I clearly stated it is not just my version that comes from God.
That's nice. Prove it! Did god hand you a copy personally? Did he autograph it for you?

It seems like there are a lot of self-described Catholics who dislike the Pope, believe he has erred in matters of church message, or openly reject church doctrine. Right now it's mostly hardliners who think Pope Francis is too soft, but it applied equally to progressives who thought Pope Benedict was a thousand years behind the times.

As a non-Catholic, I don't really understand this mindset. Isn't the whole core of being a Catholic (as opposed to some other type of Christian) that you believe the Pope derives his authority directly from Jesus, who appointed St Peter and passed that authority all the way down to the current Pope? How is it even possible to be Catholic if you think the Pope (and by extension, Jesus) makes doctrinal mistakes? And isn't it rather presumptuous to think you understand your religion better than Jesus's hand-picked ambassador to humanity?
Catholic children may believe in the Nuremberg Christ Child, but grown-up Catholics do not believe that Jesus has handpicked Pope Francis etc.
If he was picked or pecked at all, it was the Holy Ghost who is supposed to do the picking or pecking. But even pigeons can err.

I believe in the Christ Child of Nuremberg or Nürnberg. :)

Back
Top Bottom