• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Catholic University of America

Repubteen

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
I was just wondering if any of you have any information or reviews about this school. Its one of my top choices I plan on getting a degree in Poli Science. So I was just wondering if any of you had and opinions on the school.

Here's some stats about it:

School Accreditation
Catholic University Of America reports that it is nationally accredited. Accreditation is by an agency recognized by the US Dept. of Education.

Catholic University Of America is accredited regionally.

Cost of Attending
In-State, Living On Campus: $ 33,852
In-State, Living With Family: $ 25,220
Out of State, Living On Campus: $ 33,852

And if you're a straight male, it seems like a place to go if you're single ;) :
Student Body Size and Diversity
In Fall 2002, the school had 4,528 (full-time equivalent) students. 99.8% of students attend full-time, while 0.2% attend part-time. In Fall 2002, 272 male students and 342 female students enrolled as first-time students (freshmen, typically). Male students comprised 44.3% of the student body, while females made up 55.7%.

Here's an interesting article about a professor there who disagreed with some of the Vatican's teachings.

According to US News and World Reports. It's rated as #120 of America's Best Colleges.

Here's a rating of professors there by (presumably) students too.

Of course, take all of this info with a grain of salt. Everyone's individual experience could be different. See if they have a way you can visit for a couple days, stay in a dorm, and attend some classes. I did that with a couple colleges before I decided where to go.

Looked at the website, seems nice enough (if expensive, even Harvard is cheaper) but you can't really tell these things by the website anyway. I suggest doing what shuamort suggested.

Out of curiousity, how are you academics? What do you want in a college? I know of a couple of other places that are nice but I'd need to gauge your ability first to see whether its possible.

Repubteen, where do you live, and what other colleges are you considering?

Back
Top Bottom