• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Catholic Priest: "You Cannot Be a Catholic and Vote Democrat: Bishop Backs Him Up.

Catholic priest says Democrats are going to hell — and Texas bishop backs him up

A Wisconsin priest who condemned Catholic Democrats has the support of a Texas bishop.

Father James Altman, pastor of St. James the Less Catholic Church, lashed out at Father James Martin, who participated in the Democratic National Convention. In a 10-minute video posted to YouTube, Altman called the priest a “hyper, confusing spreading heretic” and had harsh words toward Democrats.

“Here is a memo to clueless baptized Catholics out there: You cannot be Catholic and be a Democrat. Period,” Altman said in the video posted Aug. 30. “The party platform absolutely is against everything the Catholic Church teaches, so just quit pretending that you’re Catholic and vote Democrat. Repent of your support of that party and its platform or face the fires of hell.”

I love when priests and bishops aren't afraid to tell the truth. Biden is NOT a devout Catholic like this article and others like it claim. It's time to stand up and be counted. Today's Democrats have NOTHING in common with Catholic teaching. Everything they do is antithetical to morality, virtue, and Christianity.

Do we know for sure this priest is not a pederast?

Re: It's a miracle!

Forgiveness and second chances are what the RCC is all about. But recidivism for molesters wasn't well understood 50 years ago. Public schools did the same thing in earlier decades in far greater number, and they're still doing it increasing numbers. Odd how you only seem interested in applying today's knowledge to only the RCC from 50 years ago, while ignoring the serious current problem in the godless public school system right in front of your face.

The catholic church created a multi million dollar international system for protecting hundreds of pedophiles

Catholic priest says Democrats are going to hell — and Texas bishop backs him up

A Wisconsin priest who condemned Catholic Democrats has the support of a Texas bishop.

Father James Altman, pastor of St. James the Less Catholic Church, lashed out at Father James Martin, who participated in the Democratic National Convention. In a 10-minute video posted to YouTube, Altman called the priest a “hyper, confusing spreading heretic” and had harsh words toward Democrats.

“Here is a memo to clueless baptized Catholics out there: You cannot be Catholic and be a Democrat. Period,” Altman said in the video posted Aug. 30. “The party platform absolutely is against everything the Catholic Church teaches, so just quit pretending that you’re Catholic and vote Democrat. Repent of your support of that party and its platform or face the fires of hell.”

I love when priests and bishops aren't afraid to tell the truth. Biden is NOT a devout Catholic like this article and others like it claim. It's time to stand up and be counted. Today's Democrats have NOTHING in common with Catholic teaching. Everything they do is antithetical to morality, virtue, and Christianity.

Guess what? You can't be a Catholic bishop and knowingly allow your priests to rape children.

Wheels of justice grind slow but grind fine

No..because the church hierarchy hid the problem (sexual abuse of children by priests) for decades and did nothing about it.

No, I disagree. The hierarchical church too often facilitated child rape. Wasn't there something about a millstone & the necks of those who offended children?

King James Bible

It were better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and he cast into the sea, than that he should offend one of these little ones.

Uh, no it wasn't.

Wow, awesome post, dude! It eruditely explicates in exhaustive a fashion as can be all that one needs to learn and do vis a vis faith and morals

Re: Wheels of justice grind slow but grind fine

No, I disagree. The hierarchical church too often facilitated child rape. Wasn't there something about a millstone & the necks of those who offended children?

King James Bible

It were better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and he cast into the sea, than that he should offend one of these little ones.

If they did that the sea levels would surely rise.

The enemies of the Gospels are very religious people. The priest is a Pharisee. Jesus called them a brood of vipers.

I'm a Christian. I don't believe in abortion. So, guess what? I don't have abortions. I don't believe that criminalizing abortions actually stops abortions. I don't believe in imposing my religious beliefs on others through government coercion. I believe in persuading people.

I don't vote Republican because the Republican party:

1. Favors the rich. Lower taxes for the rich. Less welfare for the poor.
2. Does not care about healthcare for the poor. Jesus healed the sick.
3. Claims to care about abortion yet wants to make it more difficult for poor mothers to support babies. Jesus would call the Hypocrites.
4. Spreads a message of hatred for gays. A real Christian loves even his enemies. Hate is not a Christian message.
5. Supports the death penalty. When Jesus stopped the execution of the adulterous woman, his opposition to capital punishment was clear. Jesus was himself the victim of capital punishment.
6. They care more about money than the environment. We are to be good stewards of the Earth.

I'm not sure what kind of Christian would support a thoroughly wicked man like Donald Trump. It's just an example of the moral collapse of Christianity in America.

I hope one day you can actually read the Gospel and live the Gospel.

Yes. Truly a pity, then, that the HR function under the ordinaries doesn't seem to have gotten the memo yet. Typically, for decades (centuries?) offending priests have merely been transferred to some other diocese & inflicted upon helpless children & families there. & the hierarchical church has the gall to wonder why vocations have fallen off so sharply ...

Vocations for nuns and priests have been rising for more than a decade, thanks be to God.

Sounds like it's time to take away tax exemptions from the catholic church in america.

Guess what? You can't be a Catholic bishop and knowingly allow your priests to rape children.

I know this is hard for anti Catholics to comprehend , but I'll try one more time

All bishops didn't do that

Yes, I know it's terribly difficult to tease out such fact
From fantasy and or politics and or bias esp in this day of abysmally fake fake news, but trust me, it can be done

Wow, awesome post, dude! It eruditely explicates in exhaustive a fashion as can be all that one needs to learn and do vis a vis faith and morals

Well, I don't see you proving or backing up your claim...so I must be right. :cool:

Don't get your hopes up. That left-wing, social justice warrior they have as a Pope will set those two straight.

The Catholic Dems are good to go.

Of course you must hate this pope. He didn't want to live in the palatial living quarters. He chose to sit with the poor instead of mighty officials. He cares about the poor. You don't care about the poor. You don't care about the sick.

The Catholic Church is the church Christ founded

I've studied this in depth

AND I've read the whole Bible

And the Catholic Church is the only one whose teachings have stayed faithful to those of Christ. Only the RCc has maintained it's stand against artificial b. Control and Abortion and homosexuality. All other so called churches have morally caved.
You’re welcome to believe in whatever fairytales you like. Matters not at all to me.

However, when anyone, especially anyone speaking from a position of leadership, attacks others who don’t live by their beliefs, that is when it’s time for those who respect freedom of thought/choice to call them out.

I know this is hard for anti Catholics to comprehend this, but I'll try one more time

From fantasy and or politics and or bias esp in this day of abysmally fake fake news, but trust me, it can be done

Some did and were protected by the church

Of course you must hate this pope. He didn't want to live in the palatial living quarters. He chose to sit with the poor instead of mighty officials. He cares about the poor. You don't care about the poor. You don't care about the sick.

Me? I don't hate the Pope. I don't care about the Pope.

But that doesn't mean I'm unaware of the Pope and his left-wing nutjob positions.

I know this is hard for anti Catholics to comprehend , but I'll try one more time

Many of them did. Pull up the LA Diocese archives, 60 years of covering up, its all there if you can handle it.

Our bishop covered up for the pedophiles, and he was drunk and hit and killed a man with his car, then fled the scene. And he didn't serve a single day in jail.

Forgiveness and second chances are what the RCC is all about. But recidivism for molesters wasn't well understood 50 years ago. Public schools did the same thing in earlier decades in far greater number, and they're still doing it increasing numbers. Odd how you only seem interested in applying today's knowledge to only the RCC from 50 years ago, while ignoring the serious current problem in the godless public school system right in front of your face.

Let me clarify this for you then: Prosecute them all to the limit of the law - secular or religious - & let God sort them out - He should know His own, yes? If the evidence - forensics, DNA typing, & so on hold up: punish the guilty. On the bright side, perhaps incarcerated ex-clergy could help with religious services behind bars. It would help them pass the time, I'm sure.

I don't care about claimed exemptions from secular courts - There used to be separate church courts, & only there could the religious be tried. That didn't work out so well, as you may know.

Right. Charities and churches should lose their tax-exemp status, but abortion mills like PP should keep theirs.

Ah, leftwing 'values'.

LOL

But getting more serious, there's this

The Antichrist and his followers are said by some theologians, prophets and Fathers of the church to be, as one writer put it

Consummately hypocritical

What does that term remind us of?

Democrats.

They are going to Hell.

Many of them did. Pull up the LA Diocese archives, 60 years of covering up, its all there if you can handle it.

Our bishop covered up for the pedophiles, and he was drunk and hit and killed a man with his car, then fled the scene. And he didn't serve a single day in jail.

Which doicese?

No true Catholic favors any of that

Back
Top Bottom