• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Catholic Priest: "You Cannot Be a Catholic and Vote Democrat: Bishop Backs Him Up.

You cannot be a Catholic priest and sexually molest children...oh wait!!

The Catholic church lost the moral high ground years ago.
Not that the church ever was in a morally superior position.

Not to mention all the molesting, the vast majority, which is done by the irreligious. So I guess irrelgion is the problem.

Only catholics developed the most sophisticated system in the world to protect pedophiles

I would say about 1700 years ago when they cease to be a religion and became a state.

The laying on of hands?

Wish all due respect, I contend it was the Borgia pope (1492CE) who did that. So that makes it centuries ago.

Not that the church ever was in a morally superior position.

The Catholic Church is the church Christ founded

I've studied this in depth

AND I've read the whole Bible

And the Catholic Church is the only one whose teachings have stayed faithful to those of Christ. Only the RCc has maintained it's stand against artificial b. Control and Abortion and homosexuality. All other so called churches have morally caved.

Don't get your hopes up. That left-wing, social justice warrior they have as a Pope will set those two straight.

The Catholic Dems are good to go.

Sadly, you may not be wrong. I would like to see a conservative black African bishop as our next pope. Then we'd see what the left REALLY thinks of blacks.

How so? The Catholic Church opposes molestation. So thanks for agreeing with RCC teaching.

Your words are hollow and deceitful.

Catholic priest says Democrats are going to hell — and Texas bishop backs him up

A Wisconsin priest who condemned Catholic Democrats has the support of a Texas bishop.

Father James Altman, pastor of St. James the Less Catholic Church, lashed out at Father James Martin, who participated in the Democratic National Convention. In a 10-minute video posted to YouTube, Altman called the priest a “hyper, confusing spreading heretic” and had harsh words toward Democrats.

“Here is a memo to clueless baptized Catholics out there: You cannot be Catholic and be a Democrat. Period,” Altman said in the video posted Aug. 30. “The party platform absolutely is against everything the Catholic Church teaches, so just quit pretending that you’re Catholic and vote Democrat. Repent of your support of that party and its platform or face the fires of hell.”

I love when priests and bishops aren't afraid to tell the truth. Biden is NOT a devout Catholic like this article and others like it claim. It's time to stand up and be counted. Today's Democrats have NOTHING in common with Catholic teaching. Everything they do is antithetical to morality, virtue, and Christianity.

SO what you are saying is Catholic priests and bishops can be stupid ****s too. Thank you for clarifying what no one ever actually doubted.

And the Catholic Church is the only one whose teachings have stayed faithful to those of Christ. Only the RCc has maintained it's stand against artificial b. Control and Abortion and homosexuality. All other so called churches have morally caved.

Yeah but they did a lot of raping

Uh, no it wasn't.

Not to mention all the molesting, the vast majority, which is done by the irreligious. So I guess irrelgion is the problem.

No, no..irreligion is liberty and freedom from tyranny

Ha ha...y eh, to all those who don't know much about life yet

This is exactly why churches should lose their tax exempt status.

Right. Charities and churches should lose their tax-exemp status, but abortion mills like PP should keep theirs.

Ah, leftwing 'values'.

It's a miracle!

How so? The Catholic Church opposes molestation. So thanks for agreeing with RCC teaching.

Yes. Truly a pity, then, that the HR function under the ordinaries doesn't seem to have gotten the memo yet. Typically, for decades (centuries?) offending priests have merely been transferred to some other diocese & inflicted upon helpless children & families there. & the hierarchical church has the gall to wonder why vocations have fallen off so sharply ...

Catholic priest says Democrats are going to hell — and Texas bishop backs him up

A Wisconsin priest who condemned Catholic Democrats has the support of a Texas bishop.

Father James Altman, pastor of St. James the Less Catholic Church, lashed out at Father James Martin, who participated in the Democratic National Convention. In a 10-minute video posted to YouTube, Altman called the priest a “hyper, confusing spreading heretic” and had harsh words toward Democrats.

“Here is a memo to clueless baptized Catholics out there: You cannot be Catholic and be a Democrat. Period,” Altman said in the video posted Aug. 30. “The party platform absolutely is against everything the Catholic Church teaches, so just quit pretending that you’re Catholic and vote Democrat. Repent of your support of that party and its platform or face the fires of hell.”

I love when priests and bishops aren't afraid to tell the truth. Biden is NOT a devout Catholic like this article and others like it claim. It's time to stand up and be counted. Today's Democrats have NOTHING in common with Catholic teaching. Everything they do is antithetical to morality, virtue, and Christianity.

Time to do away with the Catholic Church's favorable tax situation.

SO what you are saying is Catholic priests and bishops can be stupid ****s too. Thank you for clarifying what no one ever actually doubted.

I assume you're talking about James Martin, so yes.

Right. Charities and churches should lose their tax-exemp status, but abortion mills like PP should keep theirs.

Ah, leftwing 'values'.

PP stopped taking medicare refunds and never had a tax exempt status.

If churches and charities want to engage in politics then they can pay taxes like everyone else.

Rightwing values are anti-christian, anti-human, un-American values.

Last edited:

Yet Old Joe is still trying to climb that molehill.

First, **** Altman and Strickland. If there was a Hell, these hypocritical assholes would already have reservations.

Second, they don’t speak for the church or all of it’s followers.

Re: It's a miracle!

Yes. Truly a pity, then, that the HR function under the ordinaries doesn't seem to have gotten the memo yet. Typically, for decades (centuries?) offending priests have merely been transferred to some other diocese & inflicted upon helpless children & families there. & the hierarchical church has the gall to wonder why vocations have fallen off so sharply ...

Forgiveness and second chances are what the RCC is all about. But recidivism for molesters wasn't well understood 50 years ago. Public schools did the same thing in earlier decades in far greater number, and they're still doing it increasing numbers. Odd how you only seem interested in applying today's knowledge to only the RCC from 50 years ago, while ignoring the serious current problem in the godless public school system right in front of your face.

First, **** Altman and Strickland. If there was a Hell, these hypocritical assholes would already have reservations.

Second, they don’t speak for the church or all of it’s followers.

They speak for all practicing Catholics.

Back
Top Bottom