• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Catholic Church no longer swears by truth of the Bible

shuamort

Pundit-licious
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
File this under stuff I already knew:

THE hierarchy of the Roman Catholic Church has published a teaching document instructing the faithful that some parts of the Bible are not actually true.

The Catholic bishops of England, Wales and Scotland are warning their five million worshippers, as well as any others drawn to the study of scripture, that they should not expect “total accuracy” from the Bible.

“We should not expect to find in Scripture full scientific accuracy or complete historical precision,” they say in The Gift of Scripture.
Source

How about the Pope, is he still "inerrant"?
Actually, that is a major step in the right direction, especially for the Catholic Church. Now if we can just get the Protestant thumpers to realize that parts of the Bible don't apply to Christians, parts are not applicable to today's culture, parts are inconsistent with other parts, and some parts just don't make any sense.
None of that,tho, precludes me from considering myself a Christian. I just choose to take the good from the bible, and ignore the rest. Certainly the OT is of little importance to Christianity, and parts of the NT are suspect as well. I think Revelations is totally out in left field.
Preachers and Pastors will disagree, but then they are financially motivated to tell us what they think we want to hear, as long as it agrees with their goals, whatever that might be. Certainly teaching us true Christian principles is not it for many churches, especially those on TV that are always asking for money and never showing us where it all goes.

who would of thought it possible
the Catholics have alot of warnings like
kill the heathens
how can you not be protest ants
how about paul some pretty messed up stuff in that book
I believe in god and make my own peace with God
Religions
they have all failed us miserably
Does the pope still believe, that protestants and al others, are to bow before him ,and kiss his feet .Because he is truely the one and the only tap to GOD.
THE guy that died on the cross next to Jesus, the thief had no religion . jesus said to him he would be saved.
WE don't need religions religions need us

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom