• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Caterpillars are eating my flowers!

Yeah, that makes a lot more sense to me. I don't see how it would repel insects either.

I did a quick google search and the only thing I found that was close was a generic "human hair can also repel crawling insects" on one of those question-answer type sites like ehow or something similar.

This has just been a really good year for some flying critters. I have definitely seen a lot more moths and butterflies in my area but the bees are way down. We have had a really wet, mild summer. I think there was one period where we didn't go more than 24 hours without rain except once or twice in a 3 week period. I am not sure how that plays into it.

I did a quick google search and the only thing I found that was close was a generic "human hair can also repel crawling insects" on one of those question-answer type sites like ehow or something similar.

This has just been a really good year for some flying critters. I have definitely seen a lot more moths and butterflies in my area but the bees are way down. We have had a really wet, mild summer. I think there was one period where we didn't go more than 24 hours without rain except once or twice in a 3 week period. I am not sure how that plays into it.

yeah, it's been like one long, continuous spring here

BT- bacillus thurengensis (not sure if I spelled that correctly :lol:)
It works for caterpillar-type pests. It's usually the only type of *chemical* I use in the garden.

Best type. Let nature and natural predators (bacteria in this case) do the job.

What about you lizzie? Ever hear of hair clippings in the soil to repel caterpillars?

It's probably not the hair clippings itself but the byproducts from the clipping being consumed/decomposed.

Edit: probably tag-teamed with Bacillus thuringiensis

It's probably not the hair clippings itself but the byproducts from the clipping being consumed/decomposed.

Edit: probably tag-teamed with Bacillus thuringiensis

Could be. Anyway, I already sprayed them. Then it rained. :lol: So far so good though!

Back
Top Bottom