• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Cash-only doctors abandon the insurance system

My turn to go wow just wow. 10 employees per doctor... now THAT'S overhead. I don't go to a lot of doctors but the ones I do have one person handling insurance paperwork, the rest working with patients. The doctor I see once a year has two employees, the dentist 4. My wife's special doctor has 4. most practice doctors combine into one suite and run a fleet of assistants shuffling patients in and out, but I don't think Dr. Cotton's group had 30 employees.

But for many years we only carried major illness and used fast care clinics for minor problems like cuts and coughs. I think that would be the cheapest way to go.

Will be interesting to see how this all shakes out, still confused on how a test costing 90 bucks can be had for 3...

WOW, the doctor I go to has 3 in the office, with two nurse practitioners and about 7-8 RNs. Then there is is the 10 or so adminsitration people.

Back
Top Bottom