• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Carrying on Campus: who stops me?

Criminals and crazies obviously have more common sense than college students. While criminals and crazies would never think of going onto the campus and shooting students your university is concerned about armed students crossing the street and threatening or shooting criminals and crazies off campus. It's called cover your ass and that is the ass your school administration is concerned about. They got their asses covered politically.

Oh? You mean the ones that actively target naive college girls for rape, naive rich white boys with fancy cars to mug, and so on? Lol. You damn right they don't want us to fight back. Then we wouldn't be so invested in campus "security." Lol

College campuses. No carry zone. Why? We have all heard the haggard excuses. They don't want to make it a shooting gallery right? Kids aren't safe with guns right? They can't be responsible. Never mind that is part of what going to college is about (responsibility...idk if anyone remembers that concept anymore).

But what stops me? I'm curious? Do they have metal detector on campus? What about the public transit that goes there? What stops people from crossing the street and going right in with a gun? Nothing right? An otherwise law abiding citizen could just stroll right into campus without being stopped.

So. What stops the criminal from doing it? Who stops them?

Nothing and nobody.

Oh? You mean the ones that actively target naive college girls for rape, naive rich white boys with fancy cars to mug, and so on? Lol. You damn right they don't want us to fight back. Then we wouldn't be so invested in campus "security." Lol

Oh, campuses would need security anyway. The most common crime is theft. Think of all the lab equipment and computer stuff.

Oh, campuses would need security anyway. The most common crime is theft. Think of all the lab equipment and computer stuff.

Oh true. They need to hire hundreds of cops just for that.

I carry mine on campus, and so does some of my professors. I don't see why we can't defend ourselves, why do you think most of the mass shootings happen on college campus'?

College campuses. No carry zone. Why? We have all heard the haggard excuses. They don't want to make it a shooting gallery right? Kids aren't safe with guns right? They can't be responsible. Never mind that is part of what going to college is about (responsibility...idk if anyone remembers that concept anymore).

But what stops me? I'm curious? Do they have metal detector on campus? What about the public transit that goes there? What stops people from crossing the street and going right in with a gun? Nothing right? An otherwise law abiding citizen could just stroll right into campus without being stopped.

So. What stops the criminal from doing it? Who stops them?

Oh true. They need to hire hundreds of cops just for that.

Actually, if you put your thinking cap on for a minute, you'll realize that we're not just talking about millions of dollars worth of equipment, but also multi-million dollar research projects. Oh, and national security.

Actually, if you put your thinking cap on for a minute, you'll realize that we're not just talking about millions of dollars worth of equipment, but also multi-million dollar research projects. Oh, and national security.

Lol. "National security." Maybe on game day. But honestly 100 cops isn't really necessary for security. A security guard could do that.

I guess you don't know what a cyclotron or mini-cyclotron is. :3oops:

My college policy is no carry but under state law if I carried on to campus I would not be breaking the law, but if the college found it they can kick me out of the school and I don't want to risk that. So I bite the bullet so to speak and keep my gun locked up in my car in a mini car gun safe.

My college policy is no carry but under state law if I carried on to campus I would not be breaking the law, but if the college found it they can kick me out of the school and I don't want to risk that. So I bite the bullet so to speak and keep my gun locked up in my car in a mini car gun safe.

Same here, but I'd loose my job; big risk in this economy. They used to ban in autos too on campus lots, even though it is allowed in state constitution to do so, until it was challenged during wrongful firing of employee suit.

Same here, but I'd loose my job; big risk in this economy. They used to ban in autos too on campus lots, even though it is allowed in state constitution to do so, until it was challenged during wrongful firing of employee suit.

I have written many times about allowing students to Conceal carry on campus since the campus security are nothing but unarmed mall cops.

I have written many times about allowing students to Conceal carry on campus since the campus security are nothing but unarmed mall cops.

We have campus cops - that I never see patrolling- and very high crime rates around the perimeter. My biggest problem is they are only here to take a statement after the fact, if you survive, not actually protect anyone. So, why create so many victims? There isn't a month that goes by that we don't get a email crime alert. Most times many per month. I would love to get the empty holster students group active here.

That's not true of the campuses I've been on. Granted, I haven't been on all that many, but in my own experience, campus cops are certified peace officers who have to meet the same requirements as those who work in city cop-shops. And they are armed.

That's not true of the campuses I've been on. Granted, I haven't been on all that many, but in my own experience, campus cops are certified peace officers who have to meet the same requirements as those who work in city cop-shops. And they are armed.

There is a difference between Campus Security and Campus Police.

Then I guess I don't know what "campus security" is.

Back
Top Bottom