• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Carnival cancels ‘shoot a dart at Obama’ game

danarhea

Slayer of the DP Newsbot
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
The head of an eastern Pennsylvania amusement company has yanked a carnival game in which players shot foam darts at an image resembling President Barack Obama.

Irvin Good Jr. pulled the target-shooting game after receiving a complaint from a Massachusetts woman attending a fair in Roseto, about 65 miles north of Philadelphia. Good said Wednesday his company, Hellertown-based Goodtime Amusements, won't offer the game again.

"It was just a big, big mistake in judgment, and I feel sorry about it," he told The Associated Press. "I can't take it back, but I can try to make it better."

He is sorry he offered the game? Bullocks. Naturally, some people did not like his game at all, but what he had to do is the result of political correctness run amok.

This is America, the nation, that has had the proud tradition of lambasting every president that has ever served in office. Who remembers Richard Nixon being burned in effigy for his policies? I do, and it is free speech. Those who don't like Obama, IMHO, have every right to burn him in effigy, throw pies at his effigy, and yes, even throw darts at his effigy. It is called the First Amendment.

What some are calling politically incorrect is actually part of the free expression that comes with American citizenship. This is the American way. Too bad the carnival bowed to the pressure, and ended the game. If I was in their shoes, I would have simply said "If you don't like the game, then just don't play it. But like it or not, the game stays".

Article is here

This sounds like a business move, not a political one. Your business wont do very well if you piss off half your customers.

Free speech doesn't just work one way, folks. The woman who complained was exercising HER free speech, and since the government did not get involved, there was absolutely no infringement of anybody's.

Lets not confuse the notion of marketing decisions with free speech. The notion of free speech is framed by interactions between the citizen and the state and NOT between one citizen complaining about objectionable material and the other responding to the objections.

Cindy Wofford, special agent in charge of the Philadelphia office of the Secret Service, said her agents are looking into the game and will determine if there were any direct or indirect threats to the president. They will share their findings with the U.S. attorney's office.

"We take these kinds of things very seriously," Wofford said.

President Obama target game: Secret Service investigating company for Obama target shooting game - mcall.com

55362114.jpg

Can't be Barry...... Where are the Dumbo ears?

Just more fluff, let it go people. Life goes on.

I think its quite obvious that the owner/creator of this game was making a statement regarding the status of Obama's birth place by pairing him with other aliens.

He is sorry he offered the game? Bullocks. Naturally, some people did not like his game at all, but what he had to do is the result of political correctness run amok.

This is America, the nation, that has had the proud tradition of lambasting every president that has ever served in office. Who remembers Richard Nixon being burned in effigy for his policies? I do, and it is free speech. Those who don't like Obama, IMHO, have every right to burn him in effigy, throw pies at his effigy, and yes, even throw darts at his effigy. It is called the First Amendment.

What some are calling politically incorrect is actually part of the free expression that comes with American citizenship. This is the American way. Too bad the carnival bowed to the pressure, and ended the game. If I was in their shoes, I would have simply said "If you don't like the game, then just don't play it. But like it or not, the game stays".

Article is here

Why is it some folks think that "Free Speech" is a one way street? That a person should be free to say anything (or proctorialize their dumbass opinion) with impunity? You run your piehole or act like a fool, I'll use my Free Speech to tell you, "You're a fool."

I think its quite obvious that the owner/creator of this game was making a statement regarding the status of Obama's birth place by pairing him with other aliens.

LOL........ good catch!!!!!!!!!!!

That's more believable than being born in Kenya.

Here's a better idea: keep the Obama target, and add a Bush or Palin target next to it. Players can choose which target to throw a dart at, and everyone is happy. That's what should have happened anyways.

I guess the Obama urinal cakes are out then too...

This sounds like a business move, not a political one. Your business wont do very well if you piss off half your customers.

You're assuming 50% of their customers are Libs. Evidence please.

Here's a better idea: keep the Obama target, and add a Bush or Palin target next to it. Players can choose which target to throw a dart at, and everyone is happy. That's what should have happened anyways.

ROTFLOL... but that would create a problem when Obi's target is most frequented. Calls of racism from the Lib faction would surface.

You're assuming 50% of their customers are Libs. Evidence please.

You're assuming that only libs have problems with a game where kids shoot toy guns at the President of the United States.

Back
Top Bottom