• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Carney: Obama 'disappointed' full House GOP conference isn't visiting White House

MaggieD, can't we just have a "discussion"?
Who will say "my way or the highway first", IYO?
Dems are begging to have a "conversation" over further give-aways on the sequester.
DEms might even take the "mini" debt-ceiling.
But it will be cloudy, like a suspension in Chemistry, not a solution.
Should legislative add-ons be added to the debt-ceiling also, after shutting 'er down on the CR?
I haven't finished reading Sen. Collins float yet from today.

I don't think it'll take more than eighteen members to hear President Obama say, "My way or the highway," do you?

Dems are begging to have a "conversation" over further give-aways on the sequester.
Should legislative add-ons be added to the debt-ceiling also, after shutting 'er down on the CR?

Personally, I think the Republicans are going to lose this one -- the question is, "Will Obama give them something they can spin into victory." *shrug* Worthless. The lot of 'em.

Except none of that is true. The only negotiation the WH has offered thus far is, "pass a CR and we promise we'll take up improving Obamacare with you at some later time". And yes, riders are and can be a part of any legislation. Once again, for the thousandth time, a CR hasn't been presented yet and most likely won't be. It simply means Clean resolution, something we almost never see in ANY legislation.

Win or lose shows how low our Nation has gone.
The principle is: no fig leafs, no precedents for the rest of our Nation's history over legislative add-ons, no bail-out for Boehner.
If I were President Christie, I would not let them out of the White House.

From my POV, I could easily give on Keystone, the medical device tax and the $986 Billion Repub budget #.
After Ryan's YES/NO day on ACA, his latest budget # moved the goalpost lower, assumming savings from getting rid of ACA.
We are now hearing crickets from Repubs on ACA and they have moved on to chained CPI Social Security, Medicare, and Medicaid--Ryan's real targets.

And my dear wife, who still teaches at almost 63 while I slum-retire at almost 60, made a Roast Beef with trimmings in the SLO cooker and appreciating Debate Politics for tweeking my mind.
She's out watching student events this afternoon.
I am looking at a long-term Chemistry position out-of-state.
Personally, I think the Republicans are going to lose this one -- the question is, "Will Obama give them something they can spin into victory." *shrug* Worthless. The lot of 'em.

Win or lose shows how low our Nation has gone.
The principle is: no fig leafs, no precedents for the rest of our Nation's history over legislative add-ons, no bail-out for Boehner.
If I were President Christie, I would not let them out of the White House.

From my POV, I could easily give on Keystone, the medical device tax and the $986 Billion Repub budget #.
After Ryan's YES/NO day on ACA, his latest budget # moved the goalpost lower, assumming savings from getting rid of ACA.
We are now hearing crickets from Repubs on ACA and they have moved on to chained CPI Social Security, Medicare, and Medicaid--Ryan's real targets.

And my dear wife, who still teaches at almost 63 while I slum-retire at almost 60, made a Roast Beef with trimmings in the SLO cooker and appreciating Debate Politics for tweeking my mind.
She's out watching student events this afternoon.
I am looking at a long-term Chemistry position out-of-state.

Nimby, LaSalle County is beautiful. I've spent many days and hours trekking Starved Rock State Park. I can still smell the beautiful odor of burning wood in the Main Lodge. Their beautiful polished flagstone floors...polished, not by maintenance, but by the feet of millions of visitors over the years. And I remember their restaurant when it was the nicest restaurant my husband and I had ever eaten in -- it used to be white table cloth/fine dining. Don't know what it is now, haven't been there in years. (You brought back great memories, thanks.)

Back
Top Bottom