• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Carl Cameron, Fox News Correspondent, Reportedly Says Channel Helps Boost Tea Party

Gabriel

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
No surprise here.

Carl Cameron, Fox News Correspondent, Reportedly Says Channel Helps Boost Tea Party

Cameron...nodded as Atkins repeated comments he made on camera that the Tea Party movement was largely organized by Fox News hosts like Glenn Beck and Sean Hannity.

'Tell me about it,' Cameron smirked.

As the conversation continued, Atkins...cited examples of Fox's undue sway over events. Cameron then offered one of his own.

'The Sherrod case is an example of some at Fox News trying to have more influence than it probably should,' Cameron said.

Re: Carl Cameron, Fox News Correspondent, Reportedly Says Channel Helps Boost Tea Par

Fox is all about propaganda mixed with news. People who watch the high pitch of the Tea Party on Fox thought is 'grassroots' when it was promoted by corporate interests.

Does anyone remember when Carl Cameron thought the mic wasn't on and he told Bush how much of a fan he and his wife were.

Here, I just found it. at 1:00 in the video.

Last edited:
Re: Carl Cameron, Fox News Correspondent, Reportedly Says Channel Helps Boost Tea Par

Why? Because they aren't like all the other channels who lie and make dishonest claims about the Tea Party? Please, the left wing media has never said anything positive about the Tea Party and has only asked dishonest agenda driven questions. I'm glad the Tea Party has at least 1 honest news media outlet that isn't bent on their destruction.

Yes, I think Fox has helped promote the Tea Party. I'm grateful for that.
I'm sure Obama is grateful for the liberal news promoting him, ignoring his associations and his past while degrading Palin during the campaign.

Why? Because they aren't like all the other channels who lie and make dishonest claims about the Tea Party? Please, the left wing media has never said anything positive about the Tea Party and has only asked dishonest agenda driven questions. I'm glad the Tea Party has at least 1 honest news media outlet that isn't bent on their destruction.

Lol.... the one 'honest' news media outlet just happens to be the one who gets accused of being right wing and posts edited videos of government employees talking about being 'racist'.

Lol.... the one 'honest' news media outlet just happens to be the one who gets accused of being right wing and posts edited videos of government employees talking about being 'racist'.

That's because the dishonest liberal media won't call out their own. There are plenty of out right lies and edited tapes being aired on the left.
Keith Olbermann does it every single night.

Fox is honest? You must be joking.
Why should the other networks cover something promoted by Fox? But they did cover it anyway. I don't see where they tried to destroy the Tea Party.

That's because the dishonest liberal media won't call out their own. There are plenty of out right lies and edited tapes being aired on the left.
Keith Olbermann does it every single night.
Why did MSNBC ban Markos (Daily Kos) from appearing on their network? Huh?

I don't know anything about that. I'll check into it when I have more time.

Accusations do not mean they are true. Better than the left wing media who tried to hide the story all together ;) Fox has owned up to their mistake instead of trying to cover over it and justify it. The biggest mistake was made by the White House anyway. But regardless, this thread isn't about any of that.

Fox is honest? You must be joking.
Why should the other networks cover something promoted by Fox? But they did cover it anyway. I don't see where they tried to destroy the Tea Party.

I think Fox is more honest than MSNBC, ABC, CNN, etc... Other news networks have only tried to demonize the Tea Party movement and pain them all as racists. They went so far as to use vulgarity to define them in a joking manner (calling them "teabaggers.") Show me where the liberal media has said anything positive about the Tea Party. They are out to lie and attack the movement.

Last edited:

Accusations do not mean they are true. Better than the left wing media who tried to hide the story all together ;) Fox has owned up to their mistake instead of trying to cover over it and justify it. The biggest mistake was made by the White House anyway. But regardless, this thread isn't about any of that.

I think Fox is more honest than MSNBC, ABC, CNN, etc... Other news networks have only tried to demonize the Tea Party movement and pain them all as racists. They went so far as to use vulgarity to define them in a joking manner (calling them "teabaggers.") Show me where the liberal media has said anything positive about the Tea Party. They are out to lie and attack the movement.
The tea party started it with the teabagging crap, calling themselves tea baggers, holding signs saying crap like "teabag congress" and stuff.

It's hard not to make fun of a group of people being that silly.

The tea party started it with the teabagging crap, calling themselves tea baggers, holding signs saying crap like "teabag congress" and stuff.

Can you prove that? Has the official organization called themselves the teabaggers? Stuff like this is what I am talking about CNN's Anderson Cooper: 'It's Hard to Talk When You're Tea-Bagging' | NewsBusters.org
They vulgarly attack the Tea Party and never say anything in support of it.

There were some signs like that in the beginning. However it was an honest mistake on the part of the Tea Party and the media latched on and wouldn't let go of it.
How would you expect good moral people to know that tea bagging meant something vulgar? I know I didn't and couldn't understand all the giggling in the beginning.

I'll bite. Why did they ban Markos.....??

Can you prove that? Has the official organization called themselves the teabaggers? Stuff like this is what I am talking about CNN's Anderson Cooper: 'It's Hard to Talk When You're Tea-Bagging' | NewsBusters.org
The official organization? Thought it was grass roots? lol.

Rise of an Epithet by Jay Nordlinger on National Review / Digital
The first big day for this movement was Tax Day, April 15. And organizers had a gimmick. They asked people to send a tea bag to the Oval Office. One of the exhortations was “Tea Bag the Fools in D.C.” A protester was spotted with a sign saying, “Tea Bag the Liberal Dems Before They Tea Bag You.” So, conservatives started it: started with this terminology. But others ran with it and ran with it.

I hope national review online is conservative enough for you.

If these people can hold up signs like that then they shouldn't ***** like little girls when they're made fun of for it.

Last edited:

There were some signs like that in the beginning. However it was an honest mistake on the part of the Tea Party and the media latched on and wouldn't let go of it.
How would you expect good moral people to know that tea bagging meant something vulgar? I know I didn't and couldn't understand all the giggling in the beginning.

Sorry, but that's not true.

The first big day for this movement was Tax Day, April 15. And organizers had a gimmick. They asked people to send a tea bag to the Oval Office. One of the exhortations was “Tea Bag the Fools in D.C.” A protester was spotted with a sign saying, “Tea Bag the Liberal Dems Before They Tea Bag You.” So, conservatives started it: started with this terminology. But others ran with it and ran with it.

Noone would make a sign or cards saying "tea bag the liberal dems before they teabag you" without knowing what it meant. A few of the people might not have known what it meant when they called themselves teabaggers, but to say that the entire movement had no idea what it meant just isn't true.

Either way, it's funny that they called themselves that and I think it's funny as hell that they are now complaining about being called that.

Last edited:

The official organization? Thought it was grass roots? lol.

So if it's solely grass roots why not call them by what the majority calls them? The Tea Party? Or they could dishonestly mislabel them as a sexual act for pure partisan reasons.
I hope national review online is conservative enough for you.
First of all, I am not a conservative. And secondly the Tea Party is a grassroots movement, but they identify themselves as the Tea Party. The organization aspect is this Tea Party Patriots | Find Your Local Tea Party It exists to schedule Tea Party protests and to educate others in the movement.
If these people can hold up signs like that then they shouldn't bitch like little girls when they're made fun of for it.[/QUOTE]
They most likely didn't know what teabagging was. And regardless, you have not addressed my link or the blatant sexual humor that the left has used against them. Is that journalism?

Last edited:

So if it's solely grass roots why not call them by what the majority calls them? The Tea Party? Or they could dishonestly mislabel them as a sexual act for pure partisan reasons.

First of all, I am not a conservative. And secondly the Tea Party is a grassroots movement, but they identify themselves as the Tea Party. The organization aspect is this Tea Party Patriots | Find Your Local Tea Party It exists to schedule Tea Party protests and to educate others in the movement.
If these people can hold up signs like that then they shouldn't bitch like little girls when they're made fun of for it.
They most likely didn't know what teabagging was. And regardless, you have not addressed my link or the blatant sexual humor that the left has used against them. Is that journalism?[/QUOTE]

Is the tea party conservative?

EDIT: You're going to tell me tht they sent cards and had stuff saying “Tea Bag the Liberal Dems Before They Tea Bag You” and they just had no idea what teabaging meant? Sounds not quite right to me.

Last edited:

They most likely didn't know what teabagging was. And regardless, you have not addressed my link or the blatant sexual humor that the left has used against them. Is that journalism?

Is the tea party conservative?[/QUOTE]

The Tea Party is non partisan and is centered around 2 major issues. One being government spending and the other being taxation. They don't want a big deficit nor do they want higher taxes.

http://WEDNESDAY'S GREGALOGUE:

I like Greg Gutfelds response

WEDNESDAY'S GREGALOGUE:
So if there's one great thing we learned from today's Tea parties, it's how Anderson Cooper spends his nights off. It had happened during a conversation with talking thumb, David Gergen, who had just noted that the tea party protestors had yet to find their voice. Cooper's response: "It's hard to talk when you're teabagging."

Now, if you're too old or too high to get what's going on, here's the joke: The liberal-leaning media are goofing on the tea parties by invoking the term teabagging, a phrase used to describe an act of oral sex performed by a man - either on another man, woman, or in Alec Baldwin's case – a cheeseburger.

And so you have Cooper's joke – it's just a shame he ripped off the shtick from David Shuster, who apparently has never met a joke he hasn't beat to death like a hunter on a harp seal. On MSNBC, Shuster repeats testicle-based puns with a fervent relish not unlike an eight-year old boy who just can't stop sniffing his fingers. And, this, coming from me. I'm mean – I always thought I was the king of obvious jokes, but I relinquish that crown – because the real obvious joke is Shuster.

WEDNESDAY'S GREGALOGUE:
So if there's one great thing we learned from today's Tea parties, it's how Anderson Cooper spends his nights off. It had happened during a conversation with talking thumb, David Gergen, who had just noted that the tea party protestors had yet to find their voice. Cooper's response: "It's hard to talk when you're teabagging."

Now, if you're too old or too high to get what's going on, here's the joke: The liberal-leaning media are goofing on the tea parties by invoking the term teabagging, a phrase used to describe an act of oral sex performed by a man - either on another man, woman, or in Alec Baldwin's case – a cheeseburger.

And so you have Cooper's joke – it's just a shame he ripped off the shtick from David Shuster, who apparently has never met a joke he hasn't beat to death like a hunter on a harp seal. On MSNBC, Shuster repeats testicle-based puns with a fervent relish not unlike an eight-year old boy who just can't stop sniffing his fingers. And, this, coming from me. I'm mean – I always thought I was the king of obvious jokes, but I relinquish that crown – because the real obvious joke is Shuster.

So it's an extremely obvious joke, according to this guy, that you like, but so obvious that the actual tea party members should know what it means?

WEDNESDAY'S GREGALOGUE:

So it's an extremely obvious joke, according to this guy, that you like, but not so obvious that the actual tea party members should know what it means?

Last edited:

Is the tea party conservative?

The Tea Party is non partisan and is centered around 2 major issues. One being government spending and the other being taxation. They don't want a big deficit nor do they want higher taxes.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, we'll see just how devoted they are to those mantras when Republicans take back congress and eventually the whitehouse whenever those tides turn. I'll be curious to see how many protests there are when Republicans treat those deficits like they did last time they were in charge.

So it's an extremely obvious joke, according to this guy, that you like, but not so obvious that the actual tea party members should know what it means?

I think you meant not so obvious?
Well, there are a lot of old people in the Tea Party. I admitted I had no idea what it meant.
Anderson and others were making fun of the Tea Party, Greg was just responding to their childishness. Because he is quite vulgar and reminds me of a big kid himself, I found it all the funnier. The man cracks me up. What can I say. I started watching Red-Eye a few months ago and have'nt been to bed before 3:00 since.
Back on topic.... Red-Eye is on Fox and they probably have done some to boost Tea Party.

The Tea Party is non partisan and is centered around 2 major issues. One being government spending and the other being taxation. They don't want a big deficit nor do they want higher taxes.
Yeah, we'll see just how devoted they are to those mantras when Republicans take back congress and eventually the whitehouse whenever those tides turn. I'll be curious to see how many protests there are when Republicans treat those deficits like they did last time they were in charge.[/QUOTE]

The Tea Party formed because people were fed up with both parties. The Dems just happen to be the ones in power so will likely be replaced with Republicans. Hopefully ones who will get back to working for the people. I think a good start is the Tea Party Caucus that was formed to LISTEN to the people.
If all goes well there will be no need for further protests.

Back
Top Bottom