• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Caricaturist from Portugal says hello!

Fred Rogeiro

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Liberal
Hi, all.

I´m Frederico, 37, from Lisboa.
Many caricaturists are political, so you could suppose I was here looking for ideas. I've drawn some great politicians of the past, and that´s really what I do, I draw historic figures.
Perhaps is just a convention, but politics use to be the structural line in history, so as I understand many of you like history, you could like my drawings.

Thanks for having me!

67112126-hullo-everyone-dpsockpuppet.jpg

Welcome aboard.

Any chance to see some of your work?

Hi, all.

I´m Frederico, 37, from Lisboa.
Many caricaturists are political, so you could suppose I was here looking for ideas. I've drawn some great politicians of the past, and that´s really what I do, I draw historic figures.
Perhaps is just a convention, but politics use to be the structural line in history, so as I understand many of you like history, you could like my drawings.

Thanks for having me!

You should get to know PeteEU, he's a close neighbor of yours.

Thank you, Jetboogieman! (ellegant cat!)
Maybe will cross here sometime, American! (Here in the forum or probably out of it!)

Hiya Fred. Hope you like it here. :)

What's up with the kitteh welcoming committee? :lol:

Hi, Girl, thanks.:)
The welcome is going great, I´m just afraid the fancy fat cat and the big-eyed sock may turn angry at each other.

Thank you, Infinite Chaos. :)

My drawings are a pure formal work, with a try to make the expression clear, but not exaggerate it. So, the attributes are mainly physical, but with a special attention for the enormous importance of the role that the human expression plays when it comes to resemblence.
I don't try to satirize or contextualize them as a social or personal criticism or joke. This are common ideas people associate with the concept of caricature and they can be very enriching, but can also be distactive from the pure formal interpretation that I believe is the essence of the caricature.
My mental process is a try to reach the memory we have of someone, to try to reach some kind of intangible logic in our process of synthesizing human faces and distinguish and organize their elements in the practical sense of recognizing them.

Thank you, Infinite Chaos. :)

My drawings are a pure formal work, with a try to make the expression clear, but not exaggerate it. So, the attributes are mainly physical, but with a special attention for the enormous importance of the role that the human expression plays when it comes to resemblence.
I don't try to satirize or contextualize them as a social or personal criticism or joke. This are common ideas people associate with the concept of caricature and they can be very enriching, but can also be distactive from the pure formal interpretation that I believe is the essence of the caricature.
My mental process is a try to reach the memory we have of someone, to try to reach some kind of intangible logic in our process of synthesizing human faces and distinguish and organize their elements in the practical sense of recognizing them.

Welcome, we look forward to seeing your work.

Back
Top Bottom