• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

carbon derangement syndrome.

sawyerloggingon

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Where they have FOX on in bars and restaurants
Political Leaning
Independent
I Goggled carbon derangement syndrome after the thought occurred to me and nothing came up so I want full credit for this.:lol: The old fashioned environmentalist railed against industries like logging, mining and drilling have now morphed into carbon heads. Hey I did it again, another new descriptive term for these people :lol:. The new breed of enviro fanatics, the carbon heads don't care about anything except our carbon foot print and if that means more and dirtier rare earth mining so be it. If that means endangered birds get sliced and diced by wind farms, bring it on. If that means endangered tortoises get bulldozed then screw em. Ibulldozesolar.jpgrare earth.jpg1243135-desert-wind-farm-just-outside-of-palm-springs-california.jpg

What is rarely mentioned is the number of phoney U.S. "wind jobs" that are created (or saved) by pumping US tax money into importing foreign wind turbines, slapping them on poles on tax free land, installing massive amounts of additional power grid to transport that "green energy" to "supplement" conventional power plants and then claiming it is good for the economy.

U.S. Wind Industry Can Create Tens of Thousands of Jobs | Windustry

What Really Powers Wind Turbines? Lots and Lots of Government Money

Would this be a good place to remind everyone of the supreme irony of recharging electric cars with energy from coal-fired plants?

Would this be a good place to remind everyone of the supreme irony of recharging electric cars with energy from coal-fired plants?

No, but it might be a good place to remind everyone that this is a thread started by sawyer, who criticizes others for not having a 'civil and rational discussion' in other threads.

It's fascinating to watch someone demonstrate how little they know about science so loudly. The appropriation of conspiracy theory language towards well documented facts makes me wonder when he'll start talking about "gravitiers" or "rounders". I'm still wondering how the assertion that a warming world and rising seas are a hoax explains what's happening to Newtok and 180 other Alaskan Inuit villages.

I especially like the thread "Are Warmers mentally ill?"

That took some real creativity. :)

Greetings, Bubba! :2wave:

Since BHO wants to stop coal mining...putting lots of people out of work, BTW... and since solar and wind are not available on the scale needed at this point, does this mean that more nuclear powered plants will now be built? OR, will we all be able to look from our kitchen windows and fondly gaze on our electric cars which can't take us anywhere, so we're doomed to walking to get groceries and other life necessities? :eek: :scared:

It's fascinating to watch someone demonstrate how little they know about science so loudly. The appropriation of conspiracy theory language towards well documented facts makes me wonder when he'll start talking about "gravitiers" or "rounders". I'm still wondering how the assertion that a warming world and rising seas are a hoax explains what's happening to Newtok and 180 other Alaskan Inuit villages.

I think what he's questioning is why the new cause of the environmentalist is Carbon. The case for it causing warming is weak at best and a swindle at worst.

The air and water in the USA is cleaner than at any point since WW2. Enacting harsher and more punitive regulations to harass US businesses will not do anything to clean the air and water in China or India or any other of the developing countries in the world.

While we are ignoring the clear path to energy independence, the rest of the world is planning to bring another coal fired power plant on line every week for the next 5 years.

Our reserves of Coal and Natural Gas combined with our oil shale and the oil fracturing resources should make us the leading energy exporter with the cheapest domestic energy on Earth in the next decade.

We can do this. We can do this with very limited impact to the environment and can can do this to the benefit of the economy that Obama is trying mightily to destroy.

We need to start now and work fast.

Guess this is sort of a duplicate thread but I now have a name for the mental illness of the warming crowd. "Carbon derangement syndrome", now THAT"S creative!:lol:

CDS: A heartbreaking illness that can be cured only by depriving the affected of anything that is run by, manufactured with the energy of or made from and Carbon based fuel or materials.

The cure usually involves death by exposure or starvation, but it is a permanent cure. So, there's that...

Since BHO wants to stop coal mining...putting lots of people out of work, BTW... and since solar and wind are not available on the scale needed at this point, does this mean that more nuclear powered plants will now be built? OR, will we all be able to look from our kitchen windows and fondly gaze on our electric cars which can't take us anywhere, so we're doomed to walking to get groceries and other life necessities? :eek: :scared:

A recent study showed that an electric car's contribution to pollution due largely to the materials and construction of the batteries starts out 80,000 miles ahead of the regular ICE car. So you have to drive 80,000 miles in the electric car with a range of 40 miles to make up for the mess created to make you stylish.

Happy motoring!

Guess this is sort of a duplicate thread but I now have a name for the mental illness of the warming crowd. "Carbon derangement syndrome", now THAT"S creative!:lol:

There's a term for this kind of posting, where you're just looking to piss people off and get an angry response.

Its called trolling.

But on the plus side you won't have to worry about flights home from 1000 miles away.

A recent study showed that an electric car's contribution to pollution due largely to the materials and construction of the batteries starts out 80,000 miles ahead of the regular ICE car. So you have to drive 80,000 miles in the electric car with a range of 40 miles to make up for the mess created to make you stylish.

Happy motoring!

True ... but some people mistake it for trolling.

Happy motoring!

Greetings, code 1211!. :2wave:

I don't own an electric car...I still drive the older sporty one that requires me to fill up at the gas pump! Wouldn't trade places with anyone at this point, either! :lamo:

But on the plus side you won't have to worry about flights home from 1000 miles away.

Looks like the middle of the month for my return home! Hold things together till then, okay? Walking back just doesn't sound appealing to me at this point! :lamo:

Carbon addiction is a terrible thing. The carbon footprint of the average Tanzanian's annual consumption is matched by a European in two and a half days. An American takes only 28 hours to get there. When the Tanzanian asks when he gets his share, where will it come from?

Greetings, code 1211!. :2wave:

I don't own an electric car...I still drive the older sporty one that requires me to fill up at the gas pump! Wouldn't trade places with anyone at this point, either! :lamo:

A few years back, I saw a 300 C and said, "Wow! I gotta get me some o that!" I did. Had it for about three years and loved it.

About 7 months ago I saw a VW CC and said, "Wow! I gotta get me some o that!" I did with the turbo and I love it.

Somewhere in between I saw a Prius and looked the other way.

In other words you have no rational defense for your obsession with carbon that lets you pollute at will in its name.

As I have already pointed out, its not I who is the one that's obsessed.

Remember how sawyer used to say he came here looking for reasonable debate?

What's this, 20 threads with the same premise now?

There's a term for this kind of posting, where you're just looking to piss people off and get an angry response.

Its called trolling.

I thought it was comedy.

Back
Top Bottom