• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Caravan migrants demand $50G each to go back home

homersapien

Banned
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Two groups of Central American migrants marched to the U.S. Consulate in Tijuana on Tuesday with a list of demands, with one group delivering an ultimatum to the Trump administration: either let them in the U.S. or pay them $50,000 each to go home, a report said.

https://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/news/border-baja-california/sd-me-migrant-demands-12122018-story.html

How about NO!

Buy them a new pair of shoes for their walk back home and send them on their way.

Two groups of Central American migrants marched to the U.S. Consulate in Tijuana on Tuesday with a list of demands, with one group delivering an ultimatum to the Trump administration: either let them in the U.S. or pay them $50,000 each to go home, a report said.

https://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/news/border-baja-california/sd-me-migrant-demands-12122018-story.html

How about NO!

So much for them coming here just because its too dangerous for them to live in their home countries. If they're willing to go back if paid then it must not be all that dangerous. This also proves that they're not here for asylum. They're here for money pure and simple. Deny at least those groups (at least the one asking for money) asylum. Rubber stamp that denial.

How about NO!

So their home country isn't that bad when they have money in their pocket? Why then are they seeking asylum?

Somehow I don't think that any of these people came up with the idea on their own. They are not that bright

So much for them coming here just because its too dangerous for them to live in their home countries. If they're willing to go back if paid then it must not be all that dangerous. This also proves that they're not here for asylum. They're here for money pure and simple. Deny at least those groups (at least the one asking for money) asylum. Rubber stamp that denial.

I didn't read this before I posted. Honest.

C'mon, lets not do that.

I am pretty sure that the best and the brightest that Honduras has to offer walked all the way here.

These people are destined for either low paying menial jobs or a life of crime.

Yep, proof they are Gimmiegrants.

Well...100 of them, anyway...

The sense of entitlement some people have! I say for anyone who provided this ultimatum to be left to make their own way in TJ.

So much for them coming here just because its too dangerous for them to live in their home countries. If they're willing to go back if paid then it must not be all that dangerous.

Or money would allow them to move to a safer area?

This also proves that they're not here for asylum. They're here for money pure and simple. Deny at least those groups (at least the one asking for money) asylum. Rubber stamp that denial.

It is what currently makes the world go round. Isn't that why so many people support a blatant racist like Trump, because they claim they've been forgotten are are losing out financially?

I'm not arguing that they are right, just like I would never argue that it's right to support a blatant racist, but it is understandable, and should be especially so by anyone who supports Trump.

Because of strict posting rules, I am not allowed to be specific.

But I think that I am allowed to report that a certain country IS offering cash to immigrants already in that country if they will return to their homelands. (I hear that there are few takers.)

So it might not be so outlandish if the United States offers money to people if they do not enter the States in the first place. Of course, blackmail never works. The blackmailer (i.e., the migrants) will continue to demand money again and again.

We live at a time when some people want to spend taxpayer money to bribe students to attend school.

And some people want to pay people for NOT committing crime.

This is what our country has come to. (Is it so shocking that many people voted in 2016 for a candidate who denounced such outrages?)

That's actually awesome. Let's have everyone making that demand put that on the application. Once everybody is signed up, have immediate hearings. Obviously, if they're willing to go home for money, the issue isn't fear of death. Application denied.

Not so much looking for asylum as they are benefit shopping.

https://www.sandiegouniontribune.co...nia/sd-me-migrant-demands-12122018-story.html

How about NO!

I don't think those migrants understand how this things works.

I bet they don't know how stupid they look and are making all the other migrants look.

So their home country isn't that bad when they have money in their pocket? Why then are they seeking asylum?

A good Democrat would never do it for $50K. :lol:

Because of strict posting rules, I am not allowed to be specific.

But I think that I am allowed to report that a certain country IS offering cash to immigrants already in that country if they will return to their homelands. (I hear that there are few takers.)

So it might not be so outlandish if the United States offers money to people if they do not enter the States in the first place. Of course, blackmail never works. The blackmailer (i.e., the migrants) will continue to demand money again and again.

We live at a time when some people want to spend taxpayer money to bribe students to attend school.

And some people want to pay people for NOT committing crime.

This is what our country has come to. (Is it so shocking that many people voted in 2016 for a candidate who denounced such outrages?)

Can you imagine the line that would create?

These people from outside the US are demanding money from the US.

Why on earth would the US give them a dime?

Back
Top Bottom