• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Car theft so bad in San Fran they leave their car doors open

It's a bit more than that, as the ideology that has lead to this type of environment isn't just there, but is in many cities and it's moving into all kinds of areas. It has to be called out and a light shown on it to show the failure it is to the greater public.

What ideology would that be?

"... crime rate per 100,000 population ..."

17. Texas 2,809.63
18. California 2,772.42

----

The first one's not a state:

1. District of Columbia5,416.09
2. New Mexico3,944.96
3. Alaska3,777.89
4. Louisiana3,711.29
5. South Carolina3,451.58
6. Arkansas3,442. 67
7. Oklahoma3,277.08
8. Tennessee3,247.83
9. Alabama3,185.26
10. Missouri3,133.66

"City"...who runs it?
Smash and Grabs are also up.
Road Rage is pretty bad as well.

The current mayor is an Independent, and the Gov. is Republican and there are no gun laws.

Holy ****! I'm 100% shocked that you made a dumb ****ing post. It's so out of character for you!
I'm just asking questions. It seems like you really want to find those cars.

That's a rational thing to do actually. I have a hatchback so I wouldn't risk losing the whole car that way.

Speaking of "crime wave"......

200604042110-mcmichaels-bryan-mugshots-split-super-tease.jpg

....isn't that why they shot that Black guy down in "Satilla Shores" ? :unsure:

Yeah, cons love them some scary stories, seems as though they love calling America a shit hole as well, big surprise there. "Be afraid".

Theft from automobiles is nothing new.

It's not like they invented the removable car stereo yesterday.

If you insist on leaving "eye candy" lying around in the car, do us all a favor and make sure it isn't your gun.

Last edited:
Seems like SF specifically has a problem with some organized crime.
In San Francisco, thieves get away with car break-ins more than 98 percent of the time, according to the District Attorney’s Office. To find out why, the Investigative Unit rode along with Police Sergeant Matt Para, who heads a team of undercover officers tasked with trying to catch those committing car break-ins. The city's hardest hit areas also happen to be the biggest tourist attractions, like Fisherman’s Wharf and Union Square.

The individuals that are committing these crimes are, in fact, organized right now,” said Parra. “They know exactly what to do with the items when they retrieve the stolen goods. They have individuals that they sell these items to.

The criminals are known for their speed. The crime takes less than ten seconds. Unless police are already in the area, it’s almost impossible to stop a car break-in.

While overall crime in CA and SF is hardly high from a national standpoint, it looks like there is something going on with vehicle break-ins specifically.

Not just five switches, but five switches in sequence! Did you make this tale up or did you fall for it?
The guy was a musical/electronic genius. He's know a senior tax partner at one of the big DC law firms. Your arguments are generally pathetic and suggesting even posts that have no political bias, are lies is typical from you

The guy was a musical/electronic genius. He's know a senior tax partner at one of the big DC law firms. Your arguments are generally pathetic and suggesting even posts that have no political bias, are lies is typical from you

Your stories are very believable.

A large portion of it is due to tourism. It's like pick-pocketing.

"Unsuspecting tourists who leave suitcases, laptops, and cameras, inside their vehicles, are often the main targets, losing their valuables in just seconds."

^ From the article in #33.

Your stories are very believable.
For 16 years, various lefties have claimed I am lying and yet they ultimately get proven wrong. When you question a comment I made that attacks no one and has no political bias, the reflection is upon you

For 16 years, various lefties have claimed I am lying and yet they ultimately get proven wrong. When you question a comment I made that attacks no one and has no political bias, the reflection is upon you

I'm sure you believe that you've proven all of your wild stories to be true. I mean, gosh, nobody here has disproven them. :rolleyes:

I'm sure you believe that you've proven all of your wild stories to be true. I mean, gosh, nobody here has disproven them. :rolleyes:
Certainly not you and it demonstrates the very weak level of argument you engage in

Folks, this is not hard. Crime management is very much like people management and even parenting in that there is no truer axiom than you get what you tolerate.

If you tolerate crime, as so many social justice "reforms" do, then more crime is what you will get.

Car break-ins are so bad that car owners are starting to just leave their vehicles wide open so if their car isn't damaged. They just take everything of value out ahead of time. This is what we've come to in certain parts of the country.

There will be a certain someone who will be along to say that what is happening isn't really happening, even though it is.

P.S. This isn't a Fox News report, but a local ABC news station.

SAN FRANCISCO (TND) — — People in California are reportedly leaving their vehicles' trunks open to deter thieves from breaking their vehicles' windows.

Vehicle break-ins are reportedly on the rise in San Francisco and Oakland. To keep potential thieves from damaging their property, some people are emptying out everything of value from their vehicle, unlocking their doors, and leaving the trunk open while they go about their business.
I'm not seeing that. Interesting that the first photo shows someone coming back from surfing with their trunk open. Yawn...

I wouldn't leave my car unlocked. That's why we carry comprehensive coverage.

The pain and time of getting your car window repaired, and or door fixed along with the deductible are likely not worth the false sense of security of looking the car doors

San Fran just needs to give each homeless person $1000 after they get on a bus that takes them to Texas. That would clear up the much of the poop and break in issues

I knew a guy who owned a successful car parts shop; they also did custom modifications. He had a big S series Mercedes. I asked him if he worried about it being stolen. He had some interesting theft deterrent devices One was a can of CS in the steering column. If someone didn't type in a code before turning on the car, they got the CS gas in the face. It also prevented the car from running (originally it didn't but I noted that if some mope was driving his car when they got zapped, he'd get sued). the CS had dye in it to. plus it would lock the doors and there was a tracker on the vehicle. I lost track of him about 20 years ago, but I never heard of anyone trying to steal his car. A guy I went to law school with lived in NYC. He had 5 different switches under his dash-you had to hit them in order to get the car to run.
I had an old Thunderbird with switches. Hadn't thought about that car in a looooong time.

A large portion of it is due to tourism. It's like pick-pocketing.

"Unsuspecting tourists who leave suitcases, laptops, and cameras, inside their vehicles, are often the main targets, losing their valuables in just seconds."

^ From the article in #33.
No, it’s time that the reign of criminals who are destroying our cities come to an end, and it comes to an end when we take the steps to be more aggressive with law enforcement, more aggressive with the changes in our policies, and less tolerant of all the bulls--- that has destroyed our cities.

Car break-ins are so bad that car owners are starting to just leave their vehicles wide open so if their car isn't damaged. They just take everything of value out ahead of time. This is what we've come to in certain parts of the country.

There will be a certain someone who will be along to say that what is happening isn't really happening, even though it is.

P.S. This isn't a Fox News report, but a local ABC news station.

SAN FRANCISCO (TND) — — People in California are reportedly leaving their vehicles' trunks open to deter thieves from breaking their vehicles' windows.

Vehicle break-ins are reportedly on the rise in San Francisco and Oakland. To keep potential thieves from damaging their property, some people are emptying out everything of value from their vehicle, unlocking their doors, and leaving the trunk open while they go about their business.
This is what NYC was like since the 70s.

Back
Top Bottom