• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Car theft so bad in San Fran they leave their car doors open

And as we've pulled back from policing it's gotten even worse.

Perhaps there is a bigger issue in the US that should be looked at, beyond policing and the justice system as to why it has such a high crime rate at the same time having such a large prison population

Car break-ins are so bad that car owners are starting to just leave their vehicles wide open so if their car isn't damaged. They just take everything of value out ahead of time. This is what we've come to in certain parts of the country.

There will be a certain someone who will be along to say that what is happening isn't really happening, even though it is.

P.S. This isn't a Fox News report, but a local ABC news station.

SAN FRANCISCO (TND) — — People in California are reportedly leaving their vehicles' trunks open to deter thieves from breaking their vehicles' windows.

Vehicle break-ins are reportedly on the rise in San Francisco and Oakland. To keep potential thieves from damaging their property, some people are emptying out everything of value from their vehicle, unlocking their doors, and leaving the trunk open while they go about their business.
Interesting, and truly bizarre behavior. The people of San Francisco would rather be robbed and reward criminals, than elect politicians who punish those who commit crimes. There is no accounting for stupidity.

I leave my vehicle unlocked at home because: 1) I live in rural Alaska where I'm more likely to run into a moose than another human; and 2) my vehicle is in a heated garage during the Winter.

Perhaps there is a bigger issue in the US that should be looked at, beyond policing and the justice system as to why it has such a high crime rate at the same time having such a large prison population
The large California prison population is a sentencing problem, unrelated to the crime rate. When you pattern your sentencing guidelines after the game of baseball, you are bound to have serious prison population problems.

The problem San Francisco is having, and other cities (like Los Angeles) to a lesser degree, is two fold:
  • First, they do not property train their law enforcement. As a result the COPs tend to be brutal, with very little understanding of the law, using excessive force, and often escalating the situation rather than defusing it.
  • When that happens the second problem begins to appear: The people start electing politicians that are soft on crime and tough on imposing restrictions on law enforcement, like defunding the police, and prosecutors that refuse to uphold the law. That in turn completely destroys the morale of law enforcement, and crime becomes rampant.
Everything hinges on having a well-trained police force from the very beginning.

This reminds me of one of my favorite cheesy movie quotes (referring to the movie being cheesy mainly there).

Motown: What the **** does a Samoan know about hot-wiring a ****ing car?
Pillsbury: 50,000 cars stolen in Samoa every year.
Motown: Well, a million in Detroit.
Pillsbury: Detroit has 50 million cars. Samoa, 50,000. Every one stolen.
-Land of the Dead

Holy ****! I'm 100% shocked that you made a dumb ****ing post. It's so out of character for you!

His post accurately mocked the idiocy of right wingers squawking about San Fransisco on command.

Well, they've cut gun violence in half so I'm sure they'll deal with the break ins, I'm sure they're addressing it. It seems to be a trending crime right now, it's happening at a higher rate in my city as well, and surprise, it's a red state. It's not just Oakland.
Might be a red state, but it's a blue city.

And I have news for you - from the perspective of the left, crime is a good thing. It provides justification for the expansion of government.

Might be a red state, but it's a blue city.

And I have news for you - from the perspective of the left, crime is a good thing. It provides justification for the expansion of government.

I don't know where you get that it's a blue city. Jim Lane was mayor of Scottsdale from 2009 to 2021. He's a Republican.

"And I have news for you - from the perspective of the left, crime is a good thing. It provides justification for the expansion of government."
This is a ridiculous statement. I'm hoping you don't really believe this sheet. I don't think either party likes crime, but then again, I tend to be realistic.

I don't know where you get that it's a blue city. Jim Lane was mayor of Scottsdale from 2009 to 2021. He's a Republican.

"And I have news for you - from the perspective of the left, crime is a good thing. It provides justification for the expansion of government."
This is a ridiculous statement. I'm hoping you don't really believe this sheet. I don't think either party likes crime, but then again, I tend to be realistic.

No, rank and file Democrats don't want crime, but they naively endorse the policies that create the crime.

It is the monied elite (the banking and Foundation class) that sit above our government and drive the agenda that are deliberately pushing policies that have sufficiently broken down the family, and thus generated increased levels of crime.

This is the culmination of decades of policies that have deliberately attacked the family - policies that liberals have endorsed and promoted. Most of those liberals were/are well intentioned, and have no idea they are being used.

Feminism is/has probably been the single most destructive initiative of the Establishment.

The logic is simple enough and logical. Marx, Rousseau, and other leftists wrote about the importance of breaking up the family - and breaking up the family necessarily starts with women, mothers.

Broken families make for a dysfunctional household and dysfunctional upbringing. Dysfunctional families produce dysfunctional children who grow into dysfunctional adults.

Dysfunctional adults from broken homes commit a disproportionate amount of the crime.

It is an intentionally strived for result courteous of the elites.

Garden variety Democrats and leftists haven't a clue they are being used to produce these results.

Most folks don't understand there is a bigger game afoot.

No, rank and file Democrats don't want crime, but they naively endorse the policies that create the crime.

It is the monied elite (the banking and Foundation class) that sit above our government and drive the agenda that are deliberately pushing policies that have sufficiently broken down the family, and thus generated increased levels of crime.

This is the culmination of decades of policies that have deliberately attacked the family - policies that liberals have endorsed and promoted. Most of those liberals were/are well intentioned, and have no idea they are being used.

Feminism is/has probably been the single most destructive initiative of the Establishment.

The logic is simple enough and logical. Marx, Rousseau, and other leftists wrote about the importance of breaking up the family - and breaking up the family necessarily starts with women, mothers.

Broken families make for a dysfunctional household and dysfunctional upbringing. Dysfunctional families produce dysfunctional children who grow into dysfunctional adults.

Dysfunctional adults from broken homes commit a disproportionate amount of the crime.

It is an intentionally strived for result courteous of the elites.

Garden variety Democrats and leftists haven't a clue they are being used to produce these results.

Most folks don't understand there is a bigger game afoot.
Men have been breaking families in America for centuries, Democrats just give someplace for women to get on their feet. Forcing a dysfunctional family to stay together is as dangerous as it ever was.

Back in the day a man could beat his wife, cheat on his family with little consequence and women couldn't leave for lack of resources and education. Why would we go back to that?

Gosh you know I really try and hope religious conservatives don't bring us back to the 1900's but lately with the TX law, and listening to the kind of sheet you're spewing from conservatives I'm worried. It seems the only rights that matter to some conservatives are white religious men's, and now you're making laws around it.

I'm not good with that for what I think are obvious reasons. It's difficult to even answer this post in the 21st century.

How do other countries have less crime? Happier people, less criminals in their prisons? Sweden was the first country to legalize gay partnership way back in the mid 90's , and nobody has to get married legally to be considered a partnership deserving of any benefits.

There are a lot of countries that are safer and have a better quality of life than America and none of them have to force relationships to do it. Ponder that for a while. What's really wrong with America?

Why do you think we have the most crowded prisons in the world? It's not for lack of keeping the family unit intact. Try again.

His post accurately mocked the idiocy of right wingers squawking about San Fransisco on command.
Lol...two peas in a pod for worthless posts, but even as bad as your posts are, sometimes you attempt an actual point. Helix never does, so at least you that going for you.

Men have been breaking families in America for centuries, Democrats just give someplace for women to get on their feet. Forcing a dysfunctional family to stay together is as dangerous as it ever was.

Back in the day a man could beat his wife, cheat on his family with little consequence and women couldn't leave for lack of resources and education. Why would we go back to that?

Gosh you know I really try and hope religious conservatives don't bring us back to the 1900's but lately with the TX law, and listening to the kind of sheet you're spewing from conservatives I'm worried. It seems the only rights that matter to some conservatives are white religious men's, and now you're making laws around it.

I'm not good with that for what I think are obvious reasons. It's difficult to even answer this post in the 21st century.

How do other countries have less crime? Happier people, less criminals in their prisons? Sweden was the first country to legalize gay partnership way back in the mid 90's , and nobody has to get married legally to be considered a partnership deserving of any benefits.

There are a lot of countries that are safer and have a better quality of life than America and none of them have to force relationships to do it. Ponder that for a while. What's really wrong with America?

Why do you think we have the most crowded prisons in the world? It's not for lack of keeping the family unit intact. Try again.
As a leftist, you should read leftist literature - I have.

As I said, there is a bigger game afoot.

As for other countries being superior to the U.S., you should move there - things are going to continue to deteriorate dramatically here in the U.S.

As for some of those countries, there are many, many things wrong in them - things that are either not reported, or are misrepresented. I have relatives in Sweden. There is no opportunity there at all. We send them care packages a couple times a year.

As I said in my initial response, most Democrats/leftists have a very superficial understanding of what is going on. You need to read and actually research - which of course you would never.

So, carry on, and good luck.

Of course the left proudly support criminals, and crime. We've got a VP who has been bailing out rioters and looters so that they can continue to riot and loot, and you want to pretend that leftists don't support crime? What planet are you on?

... from the perspective of the left, crime is a good thing. It provides justification for the expansion of government.

Ridiculous (on both accounts).

And as we've pulled back from policing it's gotten even worse.
No one has pulled back from policing.

You have too many stupid and abusive laws that criminalize victimless deeds! Out of 10 million arrests in 2017, only 5% were related to violent crimes and only 12-13% related to property crimes. Even if we add drug crimes and DUIs they're still less than half of all alleged crimes that result in arrests. The cops are mainly tasked with enforcing some really stupid, useless and even abusive legislation that doesn't exist in most other countries. That's why you have high levels of ordinary crime.

No one has pulled back from policing.

You have too many stupid and abusive laws that criminalize victimless deeds! Out of 10 million arrests in 2017, only 5% were related to violent crimes and only 12-13% related to property crimes. Even if we add drug crimes and DUIs they're still less than half of all alleged crimes that result in arrests. The cops are mainly tasked with enforcing some really stupid, useless and even abusive legislation that doesn't exist in most other countries. That's why you have high levels of ordinary crime.
You simply don’t know what you’re talking about. Start here for any example of what’s been happening in dozens of cities across the US since 2020.

Back
Top Bottom