• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Car theft so bad in San Fran they leave their car doors open

Fishking

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Right
Car break-ins are so bad that car owners are starting to just leave their vehicles wide open so if their car isn't damaged. They just take everything of value out ahead of time. This is what we've come to in certain parts of the country.

There will be a certain someone who will be along to say that what is happening isn't really happening, even though it is.

P.S. This isn't a Fox News report, but a local ABC news station.

SAN FRANCISCO (TND) — — People in California are reportedly leaving their vehicles' trunks open to deter thieves from breaking their vehicles' windows.

Vehicle break-ins are reportedly on the rise in San Francisco and Oakland. To keep potential thieves from damaging their property, some people are emptying out everything of value from their vehicle, unlocking their doors, and leaving the trunk open while they go about their business.

Just leave everything of value on the hood or the trunk.

Well, they've cut gun violence in half so I'm sure they'll deal with the break ins, I'm sure they're addressing it. It seems to be a trending crime right now, it's happening at a higher rate in my city as well, and surprise, it's a red state. It's not just Oakland.

Car break-ins are so bad that car owners are starting to just leave their vehicles wide open so if their car isn't damaged. They just take everything of value out ahead of time. This is what we've come to in certain parts of the country.

There will be a certain someone who will be along to say that what is happening isn't really happening, even though it is.

P.S. This isn't a Fox News report, but a local ABC news station.

SAN FRANCISCO (TND) — — People in California are reportedly leaving their vehicles' trunks open to deter thieves from breaking their vehicles' windows.

Vehicle break-ins are reportedly on the rise in San Francisco and Oakland. To keep potential thieves from damaging their property, some people are emptying out everything of value from their vehicle, unlocking their doors, and leaving the trunk open while they go about their business.

I wouldn't leave my car unlocked. That's why we carry comprehensive coverage.

I wouldn't leave my car unlocked. That's why we carry comprehensive coverage.
I knew a guy who owned a successful car parts shop; they also did custom modifications. He had a big S series Mercedes. I asked him if he worried about it being stolen. He had some interesting theft deterrent devices One was a can of CS in the steering column. If someone didn't type in a code before turning on the car, they got the CS gas in the face. It also prevented the car from running (originally it didn't but I noted that if some mope was driving his car when they got zapped, he'd get sued). the CS had dye in it to. plus it would lock the doors and there was a tracker on the vehicle. I lost track of him about 20 years ago, but I never heard of anyone trying to steal his car. A guy I went to law school with lived in NYC. He had 5 different switches under his dash-you had to hit them in order to get the car to run.

It seems the biggest concern of RWE posting on DP is the exposure of property insurers.

Meanwhile, because of the success of RWE Manchin, Sinema, and 50 G.O.P. senators, child credit payments of
an average $430 per month to 36 million households end now with no prospect for legislative action continuing these payments into 2022.

If you own a convenience store or Walmart stock, you have more pressing concerns than auto theft levels in San Francisco...

Child tax credit arrives Dec. 15. What about 2022? Don't count ...

https://www.usatoday.com › story › tompor › 2021/12/14
3 days ago — "Not seeing an extra $430 a month on average could be shocking for many families who use that cash for rent, car payments, unexpected emergencies ..."

Have they looked for the missing cars in Portland?

It seems the biggest concern of RWE posting on DP is the exposure of property insurers.

Meanwhile, because of the success of RWE Manchin, Sinema, and 50 G.O.P. senators, child credit payments of
an average $430 per month to 60 million households end now with no prospect for legislative action continuing these payments into 2022.

If you own a convenience store or Walmart stock, you have more pressing concerns than auto theft levels in San Francisco...
The whatabout is so blatant its stupid.

Well, they've cut gun violence in half so I'm sure they'll deal with the break ins, I'm sure they're addressing it. It seems to be a trending crime right now, it's happening at a higher rate in my city as well, and surprise, it's a red state. It's not just Oakland.
"City"...who runs it?

The whatabout is so blatant its stupid.
The racial prejudice motivating the obsession with what is happening in cities the RWE suburban and rural residents most concerned is the ultimate "whataboutism". Less indoctrinated RWE reactionaries would be posting concerns in DP threads about high local suicide rates, closure of rural hospitals, exodus of young adults from the communities they actually reside in, instead of concern trolling about what happens in cities "featured" in RWE media.

51263912632_e65c72be4d_b.jpg

51263911947_1b25f6acf1_b.jpg

Last edited:

an average $430 per month to 36 million households end now with no prospect for legislative action continuing these payments into 2022.

3 days ago — "Not seeing an extra $430 a month on average could be shocking for many families who use that cash for rent, car payments, unexpected emergencies ..."
Make a thread about it.

The racial prejudice motivating the obsession with what is happening in cities the RWE suburban and rural residents most concerned is the ultimate "whataboutism".

51263912632_e65c72be4d_b.jpg
Because people have no right to be concerned about criminal activity in their cities. Quit posting tangential, stupid bullshit.

I rather imagine that the level of concern is directly related to whether you live in San Francisco or nearby and own a car. :rolleyes:

Have they looked for the missing cars in Portland?
Holy ****! I'm 100% shocked that you made a dumb ****ing post. It's so out of character for you!

Make a thread about it.
Every thread similar to this one is actually "about it". The sheer number of them supports my conclusion.

I rather imagine that the level of concern is directly related to whether you live in San Francisco or nearby and own a car. :rolleyes:
It's a bit more than that, as the ideology that has lead to this type of environment isn't just there, but is in many cities and it's moving into all kinds of areas. It has to be called out and a light shown on it to show the failure it is to the greater public.

Every thread similar to this one is actually "about it". The sheer number of them supports my conclusion.
Go make a thread about it. This one is about what is in the OP.

Go make a thread about it. This one is about what is in the OP.
John Avlon covered "the situation" in San Francisco and Oakland 3 hours ago with video responses from the mayors of each
of the two cities. I'll post the clip when it becomes available,

I agree, and in a city with close to the highest cost of housing in the country, there is proportional economic pressure to
maintain the quality of life. There is also the need to control costs like this, which need to be controllable because the "cure" must be superior to the "disease".

SF to pay six-figure settlements in police excessive force ...​

https://www.sfexaminer.com › news › sf-to-pay-six-figure...

San Francisco is preparing to pay $455,000 to settle two separate lawsuits alleging excessive force over an officer shooting a... By Michael ...
Jun 30, 2020 · Uploaded by San Francisco Examiner

A look at the most notable police payouts in the Bay Area - KTVU​

https://www.ktvu.com › news › a-look-at-the-most-notabl...

Dec 30, 2020 — Interactive map of notable police payouts. NO OVERSIGHT: Alameda County Sheriff paid $27.6 M, which adjusts to about $27,000 per deputy.

Jul 1, 2020 — It will surely interest the “Defund the Police” movement that San Francisco is paying out a combined $455,000 in settlements to a man SFPD ...

S.F. supes weigh $3.25 million settlement for 2017 police ...​

https://www.sfchronicle.com › sf › article › S-F-supes-...

Jun 29, 2021 — Moore filed a civil rights lawsuit against the city and the two officers, Kenneth Cha and Colin Patino, alleging excessive force and other ...

SF to Pay Settlement in Deadly 2017 Police Shooting of ...​

https://www.nbcbayarea.com › news › local › sf-to-pay-se...

Nov 6, 2021 — The city of San Francisco could pay $2.5 million to settle a lawsuit over a shooting at the hands of a rookie police officer that killed an ..

Gives new meaning to the song I Left my Heart in San Francisco...

The Amarillo ABC article has PROOF: a blurry picture of a car in a parking lot with a person at the open passenger door and the hatch open!!! :ROFLMAO:

I live in the area. It's fairly bad and we avoid going to SF because of car break-in concerns and I'm not the only one I know who feels this way. While this is something of an issue across the Bay Area it seems to be more pronounced in SF city - I don't really worry at all in Downtown San Jose for example, and it really isn't that much of a worry in South or East Bay, at least in my personal experience. So, I view this less as "LIBERAL CITIES ARE BAD SOOOO BAAAAD MAGA" and more "SF has something seriously wrong with it."

Is RWE right-wing entertainment? Extremist? Same things? RWEs watch RWE?

Last edited:
Crime is so bad in Texas they have to carry guns with them wherever they go. 😅

Texas is trying to take the heat off of them essentially outlawing abortion.

Back
Top Bottom