• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Car, remains found submerged in Oklahoma.

Jerry

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Car, remains found submerged in Okla. lake come too late for mom of son who vanished in 1970
By Associated Press, Published: September 19 | Updated: Friday, September 20, 3:32 PM

1.jpg

SAYRE, Okla. — Pearl Guzman always hoped her son would come home after he and two classmates disappeared while driving to a high school football game in 1970, so the distraught mother insisted on staying in her small Oklahoma town for years even though the case quickly went cold.......Thomas Michael Rios was 18 when he and two friends, Jimmy Williams and Leah Johnson, vanished along with Williams’ 1969 Camaro after leaving for a football game on Nov. 20, 1970. When Thomas failed to return that night, his parents assumed he had gone hunting. But hours turned into days, which quickly gave way to panic.

Law enforcement officials were testing sonar equipment last week in Foss Lake, not far from Sayre, when they stumbled across two cars submerged side-by-side, only about 50 feet from the end of a boat ramp in water just 12 feet deep. A mud-caked 1969 Camaro was recovered from the lake on Tuesday, with skeletal remains inside, along with a 1950s Chevrolet with the remains of possibly a woman and two men who disappeared from the area a year earlier.

[.....]
Found completely by accident.

I think these were murders, not accidents. But there won't be any evidence remaining.

I think these were murders, not accidents. But there won't be any evidence remaining.

I suppose there could be marks on bones or bullets found or something. Hard to say.

My thoughts as well. The fact that there would be two cars side by side like that implies foul play.

A serial killer perhaps?

Each car has two men and one woman in it. 42 years between deaths (1970 and 2012). Cars found near each other.

Yep, it would make a good murder mystery novel.

Back
Top Bottom