• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Car Bomb Kills Russia-Installed Official in Occupied Ukraine

Memo to LT: Ukraine is at war with Russia. Removing pro-Russia collaborators from official positions is intrinsic to partisan warfare.

Like the terrorist Free French resistance during WW2? Using the term "terrorism" fails in definition for not being to strike fear in the minds of the public, in this case. The public is against rule by those the partisans are opposing with violence.

At least a plausible idea of one would be nice, given your incessant needs to criticize anyone mentioning military activity in Ukraine yet you seem to come up short on how Ukraine can deal with their occupiers.

"Peace, love, and understanding" does not do anything against a nation being invaded.

He knows that. But he is totally berift of ideas on how an invaded country can defend itself and repel the invaders sans violence.

He thinks an antiwar position has the elasticity to cover any extingency, yet the example of Ukraine negates such insipid bumper-poster stupidity.

I doubt that.

At least a plausible idea of one would be nice, given your incessant needs to criticize anyone mentioning military activity in Ukraine yet you seem to come up short on how Ukraine can deal with their occupiers.

"Peace, love, and understanding" does not do anything against a nation being invaded.

With respect:

I hate to sound like a judgmental conservative, but you're too intellectually lazy to directly quote what I've posted regarding the current popular proxy war. And/or you lack the intellectual integrity to discuss and debate in good faith. That's otherwise known as low-quality trolling. And you're doing it in support of wholly unwise US militarism.

I hate to sound like a judgmental conservative, but you're too intellectually lazy to directly quote what I've posted regarding the current popular proxy war. And/or you lack the intellectual integrity to discuss and debate in good faith. That's otherwise known as low-quality trolling. And you're doing it in support of wholly unwise US militarism.

That is a whole lot of projection on your part.

You claim I am being intellectually lazy, yet you have no answer as to how "peace, love, and understanding" does anything for Ukraine who is now months into an invasion of their nation by Russia whom is actively engaged in mass civilian killings, mass burials, and taking untold numbers back to Russia to do who knows what with.

You claim intellectual integrity, but you have no plausible or actionable means for Ukraine to defend themselves without the use of military force and equipment / supplies assistance from a variety of nations.

And lastly you claim I am engaged in low-quality trolling, yet you consistently and predictably attack everyone for challenging you to put up something... anything... that is plausible to deal with all the objections you have to warfare.

Your "peace, love, and understanding" has been challenged by just about everyone yet you consistently hide from an answer as to how that helps Ukraine, or really any warfare torn area of the world today.

And all you have are insults in response, very telling.

He knows that. But he is totally berift of ideas on how an invaded country can defend itself and repel the invaders sans violence.

He thinks an antiwar position has the elasticity to cover any extingency, yet the example of Ukraine negates such insipid bumper-poster stupidity.

With respect:

It's too bad that the US has very much created the conditions where not much can be done (even militarily) about the Russian-Ukrainian war. What conditions would those be? Number one would be the fact that the US was the ~aggressor in the Cold War, so the US and Russia still have huge nuclear arsenals, therefore Russia is using the leverage of the threat of nuclear war as a shield that's preventing sufficient intervention. That's a societal failure due to US militarism.

Number two is the fact that the US has worked to prevent an effective international justice system from having enough power to be able to try to stop this war through the least destructive manners possible. That's another societal failure due to US militarism.

That is a whole lot of projection on your part.

You claim I am being intellectually lazy, yet you have no answer as to how "peace, love, and understanding" does anything for Ukraine who is now months into an invasion of their nation by Russia whom is actively engaged in mass civilian killings, mass burials, and taking untold numbers back to Russia to do who knows what with.

You claim intellectual integrity, but you have no plausible or actionable means for Ukraine to defend themselves without the use of military force and equipment / supplies assistance from a variety of nations.

And lastly you claim I am engaged in low-quality trolling, yet you consistently and predictably attack everyone for challenging you to put up something... anything... that is plausible to deal with all the objections you have to warfare.

Your "peace, love, and understanding" has been challenged by just about everyone yet you consistently hide from an answer as to how that helps Ukraine, or really any warfare torn area of the world today.

And all you have are insults in response, very telling.

With respect:

You just keep posting a thread title "Peace, love and understanding" instead of actually trying to engage with any of the many solid arguments I've made against furthering US militarism, in many threads, including this one. You can't even directly quote me, when I posted links to two very relevant threads, because you made a weak straw man argument.

Then there's the fact that you want me to have easy solutions to solve problems that US militarism has created and exacerbated. How would you like me to put into effect an effective international justice system? Would you like me to post here on DP how I'm going to overthrow the US international injustice system, the one that you are directly and/or indirectly rooting for?

Then there are the massive environmental problems that US militarism are drastically furthering.

Then there's the fact that the US and Russia still have two massive nuclear arsenals.

Can you or the "just about everyone" who has supposedly challenged my positions address ANY of these issues? Here they are, right in front of you and "just about everyone." Let's go. Bring your best arguments. Call anyone on DP in to help. I challenge anyone and everyone to show how wrong I am. Your challenge is continually accepted. Anytime you're ready to, try to engage in a good faith discusssion/debate.

You and "just about everyone" are also able to show how your plans to stop Russian aggression aren't going to threaten nuclear world war. And how even conventional warring to stop Russian aggression isn't further seriously degrading Earth's already severely degraded ecosystems. And how those two aren't a one-two existential threat to humanity.

How about the fact that US militarism ALONE, without any warring, just by being the world police, is a HUGE fossil fuel fire burning every day? Has US militarism changed to renewable powered low emissions war vehicles? How about all of those expensive explosives? Are those good for the environment? How about the massive opportunity costs of spending TRILLIONS on US militarism?

You and "just about everyone" support the wholly unwise US international injustice system, nuclear war, and ecocide.

Last edited:
His entire shtick is - with respect - trolling.

He craves the attention.

With respect:

You just keep posting a thread title "Peace, love and understanding" instead of actually trying to engage with any of the many solid arguments I've made against furthering US militarism, in many threads, including this one. You can't even directly quote me, when I posted links to two very relevant threads, because you made a weak straw man argument.

Then there's the fact that you want me to have easy solutions to solve problems that US militarism has created and exacerbated. How would you like me to put into effect an effective international justice system? Would you like me to post here on DP how I'm going to overthrow the US international injustice system, the one that you are directly and/or indirectly rooting for?

Then there are the massive environmental problems that US militarism are drastically furthering.

Then there's the fact that the US and Russia still have two massive nuclear arsenals.

Can you or the "just about everyone" who has supposedly challenged my positions address ANY of these issues? Here they are, right in front of you and "just about everyone." Let's go. Bring your best arguments. Call anyone on DP in to help. I challenge anyone and everyone to show how wrong I am. Your challenge is continually accepted. Anytime you're ready to, try to engage in a good faith discusssion/debate.

You and "just about everyone" are also able to show how your plans to stop Russian aggression aren't going to threaten nuclear world war. And how even conventional warring to stop Russian aggression isn't further seriously degrading Earth's already severely degraded ecosystems. And how those two aren't a one-two existential threat to humanity.

How about the fact that US militarism ALONE, without any warring, just by being the world police, is a HUGE fossil fuel fire burning every day? Has US militarism changed to renewable powered low emissions war vehicles? How about all of those expensive explosives? Are those good for the environment? How about the massive opportunity costs of spending TRILLIONS on US militarism?

You and "just about everyone" support the wholly unwise US international injustice system, nuclear war, and ecocide.

Absolutely none of your rant does anything for the people of Ukraine.

Absolutely none of your rant does anything for the people of Ukraine.

With respect:

Chuckle.

Thankfully, your commentary is saving Ukraine.

Exactly the response I'd expect from you.

With respect:

My offer to discuss, and I dare say debate, is always open. I can't do your part, though.

Your militaristic commentary isn't helping Ukraine one bit. If anything, you rooting for militarism would hurt Ukraine, but our comments don't do anything real.

With respect:

My offer to discuss, and I dare say debate, is always open. I can't do your part, though.

You have not debated or discussed anything. Sitting up in the cheap seats complaining about and insulting everyone else without offering *anything plausible* to deal with Russia invading Ukraine is not offering anything or doing anything "your part."

You have not debated or discussed anything. Sitting up in the cheap seats complaining about and insulting everyone else without offering *anything plausible* to deal with Russia invading Ukraine is not offering anything or doing anything "your part."

With respect:

#57 proves your rant wrong. I suppose you're trying to debate against my very strong positions this way because you know they're very strong and you're having a hard time dealing with knowing that yours aren't.

With respect:

#57 proves your rant wrong. I suppose you're trying to debate against my very strong positions this way because you know they're very strong and you're having a hard time dealing with knowing that yours aren't.

#57 does not offer anything nor do anything for Russia invading Ukraine... as in absolutely nothing.

#57 does not offer anything nor do anything for Russia invading Ukraine... as in absolutely nothing.

With respect:

Since you're constantly trying to pose a counterargument by claiming negatives about my commentary, then you can do the work and post why your commentary and what it contains are positive, as in what they're doing for Ukraine and humanity. You're "sitting in the cheap seats" throwing garbage counterarguments on my field of very strong arguments. You've tried and failed to counter my commentary by :poop:ing on it. Wipe the :poop: off of your commentary and post your solutions. I'll reply in good faith, even though you never have.

He offers absolutely nothing other than total Ukrainian capitulation to the invader.

Back
Top Bottom