• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Car Bomb Kills Russia-Installed Official in Occupied Ukraine

Rogue Valley

Lead or get out of the way
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent

iu

A Russian-appointed official in southern Ukraine’s occupied city of Kherson was killed in an apparent car bomb attack, local authorities reported Friday. Kherson’s so-called "military-civilian" administration told the state-run TASS news agency that one person died in a car explosion in a residential neighborhood in the early morning. "Today, my friend, head of the department of family, youth and sports of the Kherson region, Dmitry Savluchenko, passed away," the Moscow-appointed deputy head of Kherson region, Kirill Stremousov, said on Telegram. He added that Savluchenko died "as a result of a terrorist act in the city of Kherson."

Savluchenko's death marks the first confirmed death of a pro-Russian official in an attack in occupied Ukraine. The Interfax news agency had earlier reported that the Moscow-installed official died in an explosion after a bomb was planted in his car. Gruesome footage shared by pro-Kyiv social media accounts shows a badly damaged car parked in front of an apartment block and a body lying in the distance. Russian forces have since installed pro-Moscow “military-civilian administrations” in occupied areas and introduced Russian currency, media and internet services.

Ukrainian partisans in the occupied city of Kherson eliminated a collaborator.

Another job opening for which there will be no line of applicants. None needed: "Colonel, Vlad here. Good news. I have a job for you."

With respect:

You're not only supporting militarism, you're also supporting terrorism.

That is war. It gets messy.

If that occurred in Iraq towards a pro US leader would that not be called an act of terror?

If rabbits had square assholes would they shit bricks?
No they would not

I am all for consistency. An act of terrorism is an act of terrorism regardless of who does it or the reason for it

No they would not

I am all for consistency. An act of terrorism is an act of terrorism regardless of who does it or the reason for it

Memo to LT: Ukraine is at war with Russia. Removing pro-Russia collaborators from official positions is intrinsic to partisan warfare.

With respect:

With respect:

You are siding with the real terrorists (Russia).

With respect:

You are siding with the real terrorists (Russia).

With respect:

No, I'm not siding with Russia. If you think that I'm siding with Russia, then go ahead and show how and why I'm supposedly siding with Russia.

No they would not

With respect:

How about we call US militarism what it actually is, 'well organized and well funded international terrorism that's more legal, more accepted, and much more widespread and threatening than the poor way of fighting war'?

It's going to get much worse.

Yes, you are. It's your function here.

With respect:

Oops, you missed quoting an important part:

If you think that I'm siding with Russia, then go ahead and show how and why I'm supposedly siding with Russia.

Oops, you missed quoting an important part:

If you think that I'm siding with Russia, then go ahead and show how and why I'm supposedly siding with Russia.

With disrespect:

Lol. I don't dance to your tune. Try someone else.

Memo to LT: Ukraine is at war with Russia. Removing pro-Russia collaborators from official positions is intrinsic to partisan warfare.

Would an Iraqi car bomb on a US allied local leader be considered an act of terror back from 2003 to 2013? Yes or no?

Would an Iraqi car bomb on a US allied local leader be considered an act of terror back from 2003 to 2013? Yes or no?

This is the Russia/Ukraine/Belarus forum.

Take your Iraq what-if questions to the ME forum. Start a thread.

With disrespect:

Lol. I don't dance to your tune. Try someone else.

With respect:

I was already well aware that you can't support your commentary.

I believe you've said you're Ukrainian. I get it- you're rightly upset.

With respect:

Asymmetrical warfare is not terrorism. As long as the target is an arm of the enemy, they’re fair game. Terrorism involves civilians.

Soldiers are supposed to be scared of the other side.

Back
Top Bottom