• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Car Bomb Hits Libyan Foreign Ministry in Benghazi.....

MMC

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Private
Do you think someone was sending us a message? Benghazi hit again on the Anniversary of 911. Thoughts?

A powerful car bomb exploded Wednesday near Libya's Foreign Ministry building in the heart of the eastern coastal city of Benghazi, security officials said, exactly one year after an attack there killed the U.S. ambassador and three other Americans.

The early morning blast targeted a building that once housed the U.S. Consulate under the rule of King Idris, who former Libyan dictator Moammar Gadhafi overthrew in a 1969 bloodless coup. The explosion caused no serious casualties, though several passers-by were slightly wounded, officials said.

aca9b3a7aaaf121e3d0f6a7067009e8d.jpg

People gather to look at the site of a car bombing in Benghazi, Libya, Wednesday, Sept. 11, 2013. A powerful car bomb exploded Wednesday near Libya’s Foreign Ministry building …more in the heart of the eastern coastal city of Benghazi, security officials said, one year to the date after an attack there killed the U.S. ambassador and three other Americans. The early morning blast targeted a building that once housed U.S. Consulate under the rule of King Idris, who former Libyan dictator Moammar Gadhafi overthrew in a 1969 bloodless coup

No group immediately claimed responsibility for the attack, which also comes on the 12th anniversary of the Sept. 11, 2001, terror attacks in the U.S. The security officials spoke on condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to speak to journalists.....snip~

Car bomb hits Libyan Foreign Ministry in Benghazi

Do you think someone was sending us a message? Benghazi hit again on the Anniversary of 911. Thoughts?

A powerful car bomb exploded Wednesday near Libya's Foreign Ministry building in the heart of the eastern coastal city of Benghazi, security officials said, exactly one year after an attack there killed the U.S. ambassador and three other Americans.

The early morning blast targeted a building that once housed the U.S. Consulate under the rule of King Idris, who former Libyan dictator Moammar Gadhafi overthrew in a 1969 bloodless coup. The explosion caused no serious casualties, though several passers-by were slightly wounded, officials said.

aca9b3a7aaaf121e3d0f6a7067009e8d.jpg

People gather to look at the site of a car bombing in Benghazi, Libya, Wednesday, Sept. 11, 2013. A powerful car bomb exploded Wednesday near Libya’s Foreign Ministry building …more in the heart of the eastern coastal city of Benghazi, security officials said, one year to the date after an attack there killed the U.S. ambassador and three other Americans. The early morning blast targeted a building that once housed U.S. Consulate under the rule of King Idris, who former Libyan dictator Moammar Gadhafi overthrew in a 1969 bloodless coup

No group immediately claimed responsibility for the attack, which also comes on the 12th anniversary of the Sept. 11, 2001, terror attacks in the U.S. The security officials spoke on condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to speak to journalists.....snip~

Car bomb hits Libyan Foreign Ministry in Benghazi

Hi MMC !
I just hope this is the worst that happens today!!

There were probably a few car bombs in Libya this past month. But this one, because it hit a vacant building that was once (over 70 years ago) a US consulate, on 9/11, is significant?

Hi MMC !
I just hope this is the worst that happens today!!

You got that Right Penn.....lets hope this will be all there is for today. We use to have the building, then we gave it back to the Libyans. Didn't say anything about wounded or casualties either.

The car bombing comes exactly one year after al-Qaida-linked militants stormed the U.S. mission in Benghazi and a nearby U.S. building, killing U.S. Ambassador Chris Stevens and three other Americans.

The attack sparked a wave of criticism toward President Barack Obama and his administration for its handling of the attack and its aftermath. The administration closed 19 diplomatic posts across the Muslim world for almost a week last month out of caution over a possible al-Qaida strike — likely in response to the Benghazi criticism.

On Aug. 9, Obama told reporters that the U.S. was still committed to capturing those who carried out the deadly consulate assault. Obama said his government has a sealed indictment naming some suspected of involvement. Officials said earlier that the Justice Department had filed under seal the first criminal charges as part of its investigation of the attack.

The Associated Press reported in May that American officials had identified five men who might be responsible for the attack. The suspects were not named publicly, but the FBI released photos of three of the five suspects, asking the public to provide more information about the men.

Some in the photographs are thought to be members of Ansar al-Shariah, the Libyan militia group whose fighters were seen near the consulate prior to the violence. Other witnesses reported seeing the leader of an Islamist militia group called Abu Obaida Bin Jarrah, whom U.S. officials told the AP is among the suspects in the sealed indictment. The leader has repeatedly denied being involved and says he abandoned the militia and now works in construction.....snip~

Take note of this name for this group.....since this one doesn't have anything to Ansar al Shariah. Whom we now, know is one of the 5 in the sealed indictment.

There were probably a few car bombs in Libya this past month. But this one, because it hit a vacant building that was once (over 70 years ago) a US consulate, on 9/11, is significant?

I am sure you can explain how it is insignificant on 911 and in Benghazi on this day? Take it away.....lets see how you can trivialize it down.

If I light a firecracker today, will I get in the news too?

DEVELOPING STORY:
A Florida man, a member of Al Ecofarm, has detonated a firecracker on 9/11 along a stretch of side walk once thought to have been traveled by a US official only 80 years ago. We'll be providing updates as they become available.

If I light a firecracker today, will I get in the news too?

DEVELOPING STORY:
A Florida man, a member of Al Ecofarm, has detonated a firecracker on 9/11 along a stretch of side walk once thought to have been traveled by a US official only 80 years ago. We'll be providing updates as they become available.

image.jpg

I don't know.....but here. Tell me.....they are just looking for the BUGS that make up the little things on today? You would know Right?

Looks Like you just made my News. Ya wont mind if help you play Clown Culture now will you? :mrgreen:

Do you think someone was sending us a message? Benghazi hit again on the Anniversary of 911. Thoughts? ...
The other day you asked about this kind of thing happening today

Now was that so hard?

Do you honestly believe the OP story is meaningful or relevant to anything? Some dirtbags carbombed a building that was a US consulate 70+ years ago. So what?

A couple of kids could have done that - it's meaningless.

Symbolism. It seems very important to those who want to do America harm via terrorism.

Symbolism. It seems very important to those who want to do America harm via terrorism.

I got their symbolism right here.

Do you honestly believe the OP story is meaningful or relevant to anything? Some dirtbags carbombed a building that was a US consulate 70+ years ago. So what?

A couple of kids could have done that - it's meaningless.

As they say in the real estate biz ... location location location
And as for the date, was last year's attack and murders also in Bengahzi and also on 9/11 also a meaningless coincidence?

What's with Slick's suit? Is he shrinking? Buying large? Or ... something else.

Heya Bubba. :2wave: I think they were trying to be uhm......"Ceremonial" Right, must mean the day means something to the country.....huh?

And as for the date, was last year's attack and murders also in Bengahzi and also on 9/11 also a meaningless coincidence?

Well.....critical thinking would have noticed that as well as the question that was asked, eh Bubba. :mrgreen:

I doubt he was up on anything concerning the Media and AQ which people were questioning.

Coincidence does not create meaning. That's the point of my firecracker analogy. Meaning is created by significant acts. This act is beyond insignificant. I can't imagine why anyone would give a crap about it.

But it was on 9/11 and in Benghazi!!
So what?

Coincidence does not create meaning. That's the point of my firecracker analogy. Meaning is created by significant acts. This act is beyond insignificant. I can't imagine why anyone would give a crap about it.

But it was on 9/11 and in Benghazi!!
So what?

I detect a "significant" troll component ... we're done here.

I detect a "significant" troll component ... we're done here.

I detect a significant "OMG, a carbomb and no one was killed!" component.

It's belittling 9/11 to pretend that some amateur's ineffective carbomb, anywhere in the world, means anything.

I detect a significant "OMG, a carbomb and no one was killed!" component.

It's belittling 9/11 to pretend that some amateur's ineffective carbomb, anywhere in the world, means anything.

The early Wednesday morning blast also damaged the building next door housing the Benghazi branch of the Libyan Central Bank.

The officials said several passers-by were slightly injured by the blast, which blew out windows in nearby buildings. The officials spoke on condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to speak to the media.

Both Wednesday's bombing and last year's attack on the American consulate took place on the anniversary of the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks.....snip~

Libya: Blast hits Foreign Ministry in Benghazi
Associated Press

Awww.
therethere.gif
Guess it was to difficult for that critical thinking for you to figure out what the Press was saying with what is Embolded in the piece. :lol:

bless you

Thanks Bubba.....here is what the Leader of Libya said.

A few hours before the Benghazi explosion, security forces defused a large bomb placed near the foreign ministry headquarters in the eastern Zawyat al Dahmani district of the capital Tripoli, the government said.

"Libyans cannot ignore the timing of this explosion. It's a clear message by the forces of terror that they do not want the state or the army to stand on its feet," Prime Minister Ali Zeidan told reporters

A year ago, four Americans including the U.S. ambassador to Libya were killed in an attack on the Benghazi consulate.

Washington initially said the assault had grown out of anti-Western protests. But it later turned out Islamist militants were the perpetrators, marking the 11th anniversary of al Qaeda's September 11 attacks on the United States.

Acting Interior Minister Al-Sadeeq Abdul Karim said the army and police were stepping up measures to stem the deterioration of security in Benghazi and other parts of the vast country.....snip~

Blast damages Libyan foreign ministry building in Benghazi

Back
Top Bottom