• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Car Bomb Hits Libyan Foreign Ministry in Benghazi.....

If I light a firecracker today, will I get in the news too?

DEVELOPING STORY:
A Florida man, a member of Al Ecofarm, has detonated a firecracker on 9/11 along a stretch of side walk once thought to have been traveled by a US official only 80 years ago. We'll be providing updates as they become available.
You embarrass me as a Floridian. Grow up.

Okay One more :lol: .....For the Tri-fecta. AP, Reuters, and now AFP. ;)

Car bomb wrecks old US consulate in Libya's Benghazi.....

A car bomb exploded Wednesday outside a building that once housed the US consulate in the Libyan city of Benghazi in what an official said was a warning that diplomats are not safe.

photo_1378897285900-4-HD.jpg

The blast seriously damaged the foreign ministry building but left no casualties, and came on the anniversary of a militant attack on the current US consulate in Benghazi that killed four Americans, including the ambassador.

Last year's attack in Benghazi had itself been planned to coincide with the anniversary of the September 11 2001 attack.

A ministry statement called the bombing a "cowardly terrorist act aimed at attacking the sovereignty of the state and creating an image of chaos."

Attacks have also targeted diplomats and Western interests.....snip~

Car bomb wrecks old US consulate in Libya's Benghazi

Coincidence does not create meaning. That's the point of my firecracker analogy. Meaning is created by significant acts. This act is beyond insignificant. I can't imagine why anyone would give a crap about it.

But it was on 9/11 and in Benghazi!!
So what?
Wow..

Just wow...

Chances of it being a random bombing are slim compared to it being meant as a statement. It's a good thing there were no casualties.

Wasn't our aiding the rebels to oust Gaddafi suppose to bring law and order to Libya?

So, I'm not supposed to care about Syrian civilians, but I'm supposed to give a crap about a carbomb that killed no one just because it's in Benghazi and on 9/11?

So, I'm not supposed to care about Syrian civilians, but I'm supposed to give a crap about a carbomb that killed no one just because it's in Benghazi and on 9/11?
The relevance to me is that we should have never launched those 112 cruise missiles that day we engaged them, or ever helped the Middle East civil wars in any way. This is a typical result of such actions.

You mean you don't care for the Libyans who are innocent and have good people and have been trying to help us out? What they don't count now all of a sudden. They are living in fear. Ya sure ya don't care?

You mean you don't care for the Libyans who are innocent and have good people and have been trying to help us out? What they don't count now all of a sudden. They are living in fear. Ya sure ya don't care?
Yep, and I'll bet we killed more innocent Libyan citizens in two months than Gaddafi did in 10 years.

Do you think someone was sending us a message? Benghazi hit again on the Anniversary of 911. Thoughts?

A powerful car bomb exploded Wednesday near Libya's Foreign Ministry building in the heart of the eastern coastal city of Benghazi, security officials said, exactly one year after an attack there killed the U.S. ambassador and three other Americans.

Li

The early morning blast targeted a building that once housed the U.S. Consulate under the rule of King Idris, who former Libyan dictator Moammar Gadhafi overthrew in a 1969 bloodless coup. The explosion caused no serious casualties, though several passers-by were slightly wounded, officials said.

aca9b3a7aaaf121e3d0f6a7067009e8d.jpg

People gather to look at the site of a car bombing in Benghazi, Libya, Wednesday, Sept. 11, 2013. A powerful car bomb exploded Wednesday near Libya’s Foreign Ministry building …more in the heart of the eastern coastal city of Benghazi, security officials said, one year to the date after an attack there killed the U.S. ambassador and three other Americans. The early morning blast targeted a building that once housed U.S. Consulate under the rule of King Idris, who former Libyan dictator Moammar Gadhafi overthrew in a 1969 bloodless coup

No group immediately claimed responsibility for the attack, which also comes on the 12th anniversary of the Sept. 11, 2001, terror attacks in the U.S. The security officials spoke on condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to speak to journalists.....snip~

Car bomb hits Libyan Foreign Ministry in Benghazi

Like Iraq, it will probably be a long time before there is real peace in Libya, and it won't be brought by outsiders with guns.

Yep, and I'll bet we killed more innocent Libyan citizens in two months than Gaddafi did in 10 years.

Heya LOP. :2wave: Well to be honest.....I never did see any pics of Gadhafi massacring his own people. The thing that kills me about that situation. Was the French, Brits and us, all hanging out at his parties in the UK earlier the year before with none other than Gadhafi.

And again that pic of Hillary standing with Gadhafi's kid here in the US kinda threw everybody off kilter.

Like Iraq, it will probably be a long time before there is real peace in Libya, and it won't be brought by outsiders with guns.

Heya SN :2wave: They are trying.....but everybody that starts taking positions and looking into things. Gets assassinated or comes up missing. Then they have the ones that quit saying there is nobody to trust. Libya has turned into the Wild Wild West. Weapons and Militants just flow Right on thru there.

Problem for the West was.....they had no End game!

Heya LOP. :2wave: Well to be honest.....I never did see any pics of Gadhafi massacring his own people. The thing that kills me about that situation. Was the French, Brits and us, all hanging out at his parties in the UK earlier the year before with none other than Gadhafi.

And again that pic of Hillary standing with Gadhafi's kid here in the US kinda threw everybody off kilter.

Yep.

I swear, Obomba is going to do anything he can to destabilize the Middle east.

There were probably a few car bombs in Libya this past month. But this one, because it hit a vacant building that was once (over 70 years ago) a US consulate, on 9/11, is significant?

The news media will print and try to get clicks on any man bites dog story (True or not) that comes out.

It's all about bringing in thr greenbacks.

That's why the latest Zimmerwuss domestic violence kerfuffle is being talked about.

What's with Slick's suit? Is he shrinking? Buying large? Or ... something else.

I liked Michelle's wig with bangs better than the one she is wearing in the photo, which is not as flattering! And BHOs suit does look too large for him. I was taught that the shirt cuffs should always show 1/4 inch below suit arms. Biden's do, BTW! I worked with finicky CEOs! :lamo:

Good afternoon, Bubba. :2wave:.

Heya SN :2wave: They are trying.....but everybody that starts taking positions and looking into things. Gets assassinated or comes up missing. Then they have the ones that quit saying there is nobody to trust. Libya has turned into the Wild Wild West. Weapons and Militants just flow Right on thru there.

Problem for the West was.....they had no End game!

Libya just might turn into another never ending story like Lebanon and Syria.

I care about the Libyans and Syrians, but not about a lame carbomb just because it's 9/11.

The relevance to me is that we should have never launched those 112 cruise missiles that day we engaged them, or ever helped the Middle East civil wars in any way. This is a typical result of such actions.

If this is the typical result, we've nothing to fear.

Yep.

I swear, Obomba is going to do anything he can to destabilize the Middle east.

Yeah.....but we did learn of the other AQ type group that is inside Libya and isn't connected to the Marlboro man Bekhotar or however he spells it. Separate of Ansar al Shariah.

Other witnesses reported seeing the leader of an Islamist militia group called Abu Obaida Bin Jarrah, whom U.S. officials told the AP is among the suspects in the sealed indictment.....snip~

So we may have others that come out in Obama's Light. ;)

I care about the Libyans and Syrians, but not about a lame carbomb just because it's 9/11.

Guess it can't be so lame now.....the Libs Washington Post ran with the Story. Perhaps you should look at the Bigger Picture then. Seems others think it was a message too.

Bomb strikes past site of US Consulate in Libya’s Benghazi on anniversary of Sept. 11 attacks

A powerful car bomb exploded Wednesday near Libya’s Foreign Ministry building in the heart of the eastern coastal city of Benghazi, exactly one year after the Sept. 11 attack there that killed the U.S. ambassador and three other Americans.

TS-Nic6246894.jpg

The Foreign Ministry used the building to provide government services to Libyans and foreigners in the eastern region, which is hundreds of kilometers (miles) away from the capital, Tripoli.

Deputy Interior Minister Sadik Abdel-Karim said the country’s security situation was “deteriorating.”

“The message has been delivered to every Libyan — especially in Benghazi,” he said.

The car bombing comes exactly one year after al-Qaida-linked militants stormed the U.S. mission in Benghazi and a nearby U.S. building, killing U.S. Ambassador Chris Stevens and three other Americans.

We can’t ignore the date and timing. We can’t forget,” Zidan said, suggesting that the car bombing was meant to be a reminder.....snip~

Bomb strikes past site of US Consulate in Libya’s Benghazi on anniversary of Sept. 11 attacks - The Washington Post

Well, that's it then. Terrorists win. Who would have thought that a carbomb killing no one would be the writing on the wall.

Allu ackbar!

Well, that's it then. Terrorists win. Who would have thought that a carbomb killing no one would be the writing on the wall.

Allu ackbar!

Well you know what they say.....To be aware. Is to be Alive!!!!! ;)

Assalamu alaikum.....brutha! ;)

Do you think someone was sending us a message? Benghazi hit again on the Anniversary of 911. Thoughts?

A powerful car bomb exploded Wednesday near Libya's Foreign Ministry building in the heart of the eastern coastal city of Benghazi, security officials said, exactly one year after an attack there killed the U.S. ambassador and three other Americans.

The early morning blast targeted a building that once housed the U.S. Consulate under the rule of King Idris, who former Libyan dictator Moammar Gadhafi overthrew in a 1969 bloodless coup. The explosion caused no serious casualties, though several passers-by were slightly wounded, officials said.

aca9b3a7aaaf121e3d0f6a7067009e8d.jpg

People gather to look at the site of a car bombing in Benghazi, Libya, Wednesday, Sept. 11, 2013. A powerful car bomb exploded Wednesday near Libya’s Foreign Ministry building …more in the heart of the eastern coastal city of Benghazi, security officials said, one year to the date after an attack there killed the U.S. ambassador and three other Americans. The early morning blast targeted a building that once housed U.S. Consulate under the rule of King Idris, who former Libyan dictator Moammar Gadhafi overthrew in a 1969 bloodless coup

No group immediately claimed responsibility for the attack, which also comes on the 12th anniversary of the Sept. 11, 2001, terror attacks in the U.S. The security officials spoke on condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to speak to journalists.....snip~

Car bomb hits Libyan Foreign Ministry in Benghazi

Everyone marks the anniversary in his/her own way.:peace

Well you know what they say.....To be aware. Is to be Alive!!!!! ;)

Assalamu alaikum.....brutha! ;)

Are YOU stoking the fire as usual? Seems to be rather quiet. I've been local today, supporting my local Congressman. Very low-rent compared to a National forum.

Did you Google Rep. Cotton from ARK?

What is the "big news" on DP today?

Back
Top Bottom