• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Captured Russian troops 'in Ukraine by accident'

Simpleχity;1063772483 said:
With GPS locators readily available worldwide, no modern military makes such a grievous mistake by accident, especially in a highly kinetic area such as the southeastern Russia/Ukraine border.

Which vehicle they were on? What is the kind of GPS they had? and based on what you made the conclusion that they had an active GPS with them...

...and because you missed one of the points, I"ll repeat it - don't be shy and share the source for the pic.

b. Maybe instead of reposting bs, you would try to research the origianl photo of the "200 truck", and especially the date of the article in which it was originally posted. I"ll give you a hint, this truck went through the Russian/Ukrainian border after a certain very bloody day in the early history of the conflict.

Fallen.

Which vehicle they were on? What is the kind of GPS they had? and based on what you made the conclusion that they had an active GPS with them...

...and because you missed one of the points, I"ll repeat it - don't be shy and share the source for the pic.

b. Maybe instead of reposting bs, you would try to research the origianl photo of the "200 truck", and especially the date of the article in which it was originally posted. I"ll give you a hint, this truck went through the Russian/Ukrainian border after a certain very bloody day in the early history of the conflict.

Fallen.
I'll concede the Cargo 200 issue. Don't really know that much about how Russia ships soldier bodies home.

But I won't concede on the "accidental" border crossing. Paratroopers getting lost? That's bull-dookey. And there is a reason why the Russian military ordered Russian soldiers in Ukraine to stop taking selfies and posting them via Instagram on social media sites such as VKontakte.

_77211225_023657849-1.jpg

8.28.2014. Russian mothers and wives seeking info on the whereabouts of their men at the Kostroma military base (98th Airborne Division) north of Moscow. This is where captured Russian troops in Ukraine were based.

[video=youtube;AWur4EE3b6M]http://www.youtube.com/watch?AWur4EE3b6M[/video]

Video posted on September 3, 2014. This is filmed from a bus between Molodohvardiisk and Krasnodon in Ukraine. The bus is traveling northwest on highway MO4 towards Molodohvardiisk. The convoy is traveling southeast on highway MO4 towards Krasnodon and the Russian border. At 0:28 you can see another bus on the other side by the convoy. The colors on this bus are only used on the Molodohvardiisk/Krasnodon line. On the video at 0:40 you can see the MO4 highway marker. At 0:42 another bus goes by. This is Ukrainian territory. After crossing the border into Russia, MO4 turns into M21. None of the convoy tanks/trucks have insignia. All Ukrainian tanks have insignia as do most of the rebel tanks/trucks. On the side of the fuel trucks "flammable" is written in Russian (Огнеопасно). All such trucks in Ukraine have "flammable" written in Ukrainian (Вогненебезпечно).

This is not a Ukrainian convoy nor a rebel convoy. It is a Russian military convoy on Ukrainian territory. It is at least an armored battalion with support vehicles.

Simpleχity;1063778492 said:
I'll concede the Cargo 200 issue. Don't really know that much about how Russia ships soldier bodies home.

But I won't concede on the "accidental" border crossing. Paratroopers getting lost? That's bull-dookey. And there is a reason why the Russian military ordered Russian soldiers in Ukraine to stop taking selfies and posting them via Instagram on social media sites such as VKontakte.

_77211225_023657849-1.jpg

8.28.2014. Russian mothers and wives seeking info on the whereabouts of their men at the Kostroma military base (98th Airborne Division) north of Moscow. This is where captured Russian troops in Ukraine were based.

a. The truck photo you posted appeared (along others) in an Echo Moscow article few months ago:
"Cargo 200" 2.6.14 (In Russian)
The article was posted after the defeat of an anti-Kiev Vostok battalion near Donetsk airport, the truck isn't carrying "Russian soldiers" but Russian volunteers from that battalion.

b. Simply saying that VDV soldiers can't get lost, isn't enough, as we don't know the circumstances of their capture the gear they had on them and on which vehicle they were conducting their supposed march. Knowing the history of SBU's past "evidence" I am not inclined to believe the story these soldiers are telling under interrogation.

c. The sensible and the needed move to prohibit posting military service pictures on social media came few months before Russia decided/needed to "take off the gloves", and I welcome it as the level of a media/bloggers schizophrenia as a result of every Russian soldier photo posted on VK and the idiocy of those posting them went well beyond any reasonable level.

d. You are mistaken if you think that you are talking to someome that would deny Russia's involvement in the recent DNR/LNR counter-attack, which in turn lead to the current stalemate and ceasefire.
I was actually one of the first ones on the internetz that posted and talked to journalists about a BTR-82 which most probably came with its' "operators" and was spotted on the rebel side. I was the first one on DP to post the above info, I was also the first on DP to talk about an actual anti-Kiev counter-attack when everyone talked about the "close defeat of the rebels". I was also the first on DP to talk about Russian T-72BM, ASVK, VSS, etc...that sometimes come with their "indigenous operators".

Indirectly even the Russian official channels admit that there are Russian soldiers dying in Ukraine.
However, on these channels they are being called "professional soldiers that use their vacation time to fight in Donbass" - unfortunately the Russian propaganda and news making was always quite asinine and crude, but that doesn't prevent the Russian liberal media outlets and numerous bloggers from talking about the dead Russian soldiers, Russian supplies and Russian involvement in the rebel counter-offensive.

Too bad that the Western media/analysts/politicians are way too slow and simplistic in their assessment of the situatiion in Ukraine and Russia, to make factual and adequate reports about the events in Eastern Ukraine.

Fallen.

Last edited:
Indirectly even the Russian official channels admit that there are Russian soldiers dying in Ukraine.
Putin has never admitted that Russian soldiers have crossed the border into Ukraine.

However, on these channels they are being called "professional soldiers that use their vacation time to fight in Donbass"
Makes one wonder what a Russian employed in the N/B/C sector could take along on vacation somewhere.

Too bad that the Western media/analysts/politicians are way too slow and simplistic in their assessment of the situatiion in Ukraine and Russia, to make factual and adequate reports about the events in Eastern Ukraine.
It's too bad that Russian media/analysts/politicians are not being upfront with Russian citizens in regards to Ukraine.

Simpleχity;1063781184 said:
It's too bad that Russian media/analysts/politicians are not being upfront with Russian citizens in regards to Ukraine.

Here the opinion of Vladimir Kornilov, Russian-Ukrainian political analyst, the resident of Donetsk.

Political analyst Vladimir Kornilov for Regnum.ru:

Poroshenko’s visit in USA is mostly symbolic. Obama said that the appearance of the head of Kiev’s authority in the White House is “a signal to Russia”. The United States thus show that they support Ukraine at its fight against its own people. Except for moral support, there will be some material aid. The main intrigue is whether Washington gives Ukraine lethal weapons or it doesn’t. The opinions on the issue in the USA are divided. Obama would be glad to give Ukraine weapons to maintain long-term and more bloody war, but many analysts point out (and they do have a point) that the lion's share of such “aid” would appear in the hands of Donbass soon, as that happened repeatedly before. Only this reason really stops Obama.

There was a big demonstration in Moscow. Partly anti-Putin, but mostly anti Ukraine interference.

BBC News - Ukraine crisis: Thousands march in Moscow anti-war rally

Mistake. Mostly anti-Putin, partly (formally) anti Ukraine interference.

They are the same people - and their leaders (Ryzhkov, Nemtsov, Navalny and others) - who always take part in all anti-Putin rallies. Now, three years ago, five years ago, ten years ago. Now they are waving Ukrainian flags. If Russia was involved in Iraq against ISIS - they would wave ISIS flags. Different shapes but the same old essense.

It's not like I'm arguing with you, but for better understanding of political situation in Russia it's useful to know.

So the people protesting the war in Ukraine were just lost, and there by accident?

They are there because they don't like Putin. This is the real reason. Ukraine is just occasion, pretext. Besides, the west focuses on Ukraine very much now and these politicians, which I mentioned above, see the opportunity to get in trend. These politicians always were oriented towards west, seeking for support - both moral and financial - in western capitals. Using the Ukrainian issue they hope for more support, I'm sure.

Putin has never admitted that Russian soldiers have crossed the border into Ukraine.
And?!?

Makes one wonder what a Russian employed in the N/B/C sector could take along on vacation somewhere.

Russia's media & politicians need to learn how to talk about such information in a more subtle & sophisticated manner - in a way which would also allow plausible deniability.
Russia's analysts and military experts are some of the first people that actually started talking about Russian forces on the ground in Ukraine, and presented factual evidence to support their claims.

Generally, all politicians/media/analysts need to be more upfront with the general population, everywhere.

Fallen.

Russia's media & politicians need to learn how to talk about such information in a more subtle & sophisticated manner - in a way which would also allow plausible deniability.
They've done everything possible to conjure "plausible deniability".

No uniform insignia, no vehicle markings, soldiers and their tanks "on vacation" etc. etc.

Simpleχity;1063791137 said:

No uniform insignia, no vehicle markings, soldiers and their tanks "on vacation" etc. etc.

Don't forget their paratroopers getting 'lost'. :lamo

Simpleχity;1063791137 said:

No, "they" haven't - instead of simply stating "no comment" some overly eager pseudo-patriots claimed/still claim that there are no Russian armor/weapons/troops on Ukrainian territory. They don't understand or simply don't want to understand that people no longer trust their statements, neither in the West nor in Russia.

Moreover, there were different stages to this conflict and hence different levels of Russia's support for the anti-Kiev rebels.

Lastly, you can keep to yourself those asinine one liners such as in your last couple of posts, and instead of reposting Euromaidanpr bs in multiple threads you can start educating yourself about the chronology of the conflict in Ukraine and the figures involved in it.

Fallen.

Last edited:
No, "they" haven't - instead of simply stating "no comment" some overly eager pseudo-patriots claimed/still claim that there are no Russian armor/weapons/troops on Ukrainian territory. They don't understand or simply don't want to understand that people no longer trust their statements, neither in the West nor in Russia.
Putin finally admitted the "little green men" in Crimea were Russian troops when it became impossible (even for Putin) to continue the transparent charade.

The same template of deceit has been applied for months in mainland Ukraine.

Lastly, you can keep to yourself those asinine one liners such as in your last couple of posts, and instead of reposting Euromaidanpr bs in multiple threads you can start educating yourself about the chronology of the conflict in Ukraine and the figures involved in it.
You manage your talking points and I'll manage mine thank you.

Simpleχity;1063795244 said:
Putin finally admitted the "little green men" in Crimea were Russian troops when it became impossible (even for Putin) to continue the transparent charade.

a. It has nothing to do with "not being able to continue the charade", there was simply no need to deny Russian presence on the ground as Crimea already joined Russia:
The referendum for Crimea joining Russia was on 16.3.14
Putin admitted that Russian forces were deployed in Crimea and were helping the self-defense forces on 17.4.14

b. How it has anything to do with some Russian overly eager "patriotic" media/politicians not using a more subtle & smart option of "no comment", instead of what they use now i.e. denying everything over and over again despite the evidence.
Btw. If your next comment would be along the lines of "Putin controls everything...evil Putin media...evil Putin politicians...." don't bother writing it, I don't respond to asinine posts.

The same template of deceit has been applied for months in mainland Ukraine.
No. That is why I told you to go through the chronology of the conflict in Eastern Ukraine and the figures involved in it.

You manage your talking points and I'll manage mine thank you.

I"ll start listening to your "suggestions" when you'd stop copy pasting fake pics and EuromaidanPR "facts" about the conflict.

Fallen.

Last edited:
Tell that to Serbs. They will laugh at your very funny joke.

The only jokes are on the Serbians. However, genocide isn't a very funny subject.

Why Putin? Chavez many times accused USA at involvement at failed coup d'etat in Venezuela. Mr.Chavez was a frank man. I would trust him rather than any non-state US media.

Venezuela: Coup and Countercoup, Revolution | Global Research

US spent $5 billion to destabilize Ukraine

Chavez was and forever will remain a lunatic. And I'm not going to even bother looking at Globalresearch or whatever "Hang the Bankers" is. Troll harder.

Сhavez was and forever will remain a lunatic. And I'm not going to even bother looking at Globalresearch or whatever "Hang the Bankers" is. Troll harder.

Then I'm not going to even bother wasting a second to answer you.

Back
Top Bottom