• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Captialism -- A Crime Against Humanity!

Vader

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Centrist
In recent weeks, I was discovered that captialism, such as it exists in the United States of America is a crime against the American people. FDR was right when he created the second bill of rights. This bill of rights would have protected the blue collar worker from the evils of white collar greed and corruption.

Our forefathers I knew this to be true; Thomas Jefferson himself said "I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies." Jefferson made this comment during his term as the third President of the United States of America.

During the time FDR was President (World War II) there was on occasion where after a 44 day standoff between factory workers, employer-paid thugs, and the police; FDR deployed the national guard. The National Guard deployed around the factory and the workers therein.... and then pointed their weapons at the police and the corporate thugs sent to end the stand off.

FDR, who died before the end of World War II, also created and proposed a 2nd Bill of Rights designed specifically to provide prosperity in the United States. FDR presented the bill of rights during the State of the Union address from the White House on Jan. 11, 1944.

That bill of rights said that each American, regardless of race or creed, should have the following rights:
"The right to a useful and remunerative job in the industries or shops or farms or mines of the nation.

"The right to earn enough to provide adequate food and clothing and recreation.

"The right of every farmer to raise and sell his products at a return which will give him

and his family a decent living.

"The right of every businessman, large and small, to trade in an atmosphere of freedom from unfair competition and domination by monopolies at home or abroad.

"The right of every family to a decent home.

"The right to adequate medical care and the opportunity to achieve and enjoy good health.

"The right to adequate protection from the economic fears of old age, sickness, accident and unemployment.

"The right to a good education."

During this address Roosevelt said "The test of our progress, is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little."

Source: FDR's 2nd Bill of Rights | Progressive Action Alliance

YouTube video here: YouTube - ‪FDR Second Bill of Rights Speech Footage‬‎

Corporate America has become greedy, evil, and needs to be removed from office. Want proof?

Some companies take out insurance policies on employees where in CORPORATIONS benefit from the death of their employees whether those employees are currently on staff or not. These polices, which the insurance agency refers to as "Dead Peasant" Policies are very common among several large corporations; Bank of America, AT&T, Winn Dixie and WAL-MART... to name a few, all participate in profiting from the death of their employees.

Want to know more about dead peasant policies? ---> Dead Peasant Insurance; Corporate greed sinks to new depths - Ardee - Open Salonor
Dead Peasant Life Insurance, brought to you by capitalism | The Hive (This source has a NICE list of greedy corporations that participate in profiting from the deaths of their employees).

Captialism has gone to far and is the leading force in the the ruination of the American people. The very notion of captialism has effectively destroyed the American dream.

It's time for a change; it's time for companies like Goldman Sachs to be out of business. It's time for the business of government should be protecting Americans from the greed, corruption, and unscrupulous scumbags of big business.

If you want to live a better life; If you want to keep your house from being sold by a predatory banker who made you a loan with terms that would cause you to fail; If you want a life where corporate fat cats, senators, congressman, and lobbyists are not allowed to get wealthy off the blood of your loved ones, you must make a stand against Corporate America.

It's time for a change! It's time for Americans to take this country back!

America doesn't have Capitalism. It's hasn't for a long time. We have this "mixed market" economy.
Capitalism didn't ruin America. It's keynesianism that ruined America.

The corporations play a role. That is because of lobbyists buying politicians.

That's not the free market at work.

If more politicians had integrity and didn't allow themselves to be whores of the elite the free market would work fine.

The market brings prices down.

Government intervention, overregulation, taxasion and inflation bring prices up.

Capitalism failed because to many moochers don't know how to do there own bidding. How else can you explain unions, mandates, and regulations? Capitalism would work great if liberals understood the concept of have priorities in life.

Also, FDR's bill of rights is nothing but a bill for the lazy and incompetent.

Capitalism failed because to many moochers don't know how to do there own bidding. How else can you explain unions, mandates, and regulations? Capitalism would work great if liberals understood the concept of have priorities in life.

Also, FDR's bill of rights is nothing but a bill for the lazy and incompetent.

Spoken like a true anti-AMerican. FDR's bill was created to prevent the poor from being raped by the rich. Your rhetoric doesn't change that.

Moochers? Heh! Nobody is mooching. We're trying to survive in an economy ruined by republican greed and strife. Shame on you and your greed.

Last edited:
Yet FDR's measures made the poor poorer. Through the gold seizure and programs enacted it's the poor that paid through inflation and taxation.

Another example of how government programs hurt the poor in section 8 housing. Corrupt landloards know they can charge inflated rent for a crappy apartment because the government will foot the bill.

So now a family who is barely getting by but doesn't qualify fir section 8 can't afford a decent place because landlords are charging $900 a month for an apartment that's really worth $400.

It's actually adding to the homelessness and/or making people more dependent on government thus increasing the scope of their power.

America doesn't have Capitalism. It's hasn't for a long time. We have this "mixed market" economy.

The corporations play a role. That is because of lobbyists buying politicians.

That's not the free market at work.

If more politicians had integrity and didn't allow themselves to be whores of the elite the free market would work fine.

The market brings prices down.

Government intervention, overregulation, taxasion and inflation bring prices up.

Exactly my point. Until strong laws, which prevent business from being anywhere near government, are made; capitalism will NEVER work. It's time for the current GOP and Democratic parties to be disbanded. It's time for any officer of any business who donates to a politican to serve 20 years without parole in SuperMax - Florence, CO (the same is true for the politician.)

Good point but you still have the Federal Reserve and a foreign policy that's bankrupting the U.S. We need to address these because they're bigger causes to our economic woes than all other problems combined.

Another example of how government programs hurt the poor in section 8 housing. Corrupt landloards know they can charge inflated rent for a crappy apartment because the government will foot the bill.

So now a family who is barely getting by but doesn't qualify fir section 8 can't afford a decent place because landlords are charging $900 a month for an apartment that's really worth $400.

It's actually adding to the homelessness and/or making people more dependent on government thus increasing the scope of their power.

Yes, greed is terrible. Those landlords all deserve to spend time in prison.... of course, so does the leadership of the republican party. In any event, blaming section 8 for the greed of republican landlords doesn't cut the mustard. Blame the greedy ... not the program designed to help the poor.

Your argument makes as much sense as blaming guns, not the people who use them, for killing people. It fails.

Good point but you still have the Federal Reserve and a foreign policy that's bankrupting the U.S. We need to address these because they're bigger causes to our economic woes than all other problems combined.

That is true. The Federal Reserve, which to my undertanding is as federal as Federal Express, is a huge issue. Foreign policy can be changed; however, we do need to make sure terrorist countries like Iran and those crazy assholes in North Korea do not get nuclear technology.

Why are you blaming the Republicans? There are douchebags in all parties. You can't blame the entire party for our problems.

Even if the programs were managed correctly and all people involved had integrity it still causes inflation, more money either by printing (loan from the Fed Reserve) or loans from China.

The programs still in the end hurt the poor.

Believe me, I know what it's like to be poor. I see people with nice houses and cars and worthless hacks like Paris Hilton having all this money.

But if you tax the rich too much they'll stop investing and that means less jobs.

What I'm against is bailouts. Those failures should've been left to fail for their own irresponsibility. But the bailouts were both Bush and Obama. Both parties are together.

Spoken like a true anti-AMerican. FDR's bill was created to prevent the poor from being raped by the rich. Your rhetoric doesn't change that.

Moochers? Heh! Nobody is mooching. We're trying to survive in an economy ruined by republican greed and strife. Shame on you and your greed.

FDR should be mocked by all schools, and his name **** on. The 2nd Bill of Rights made Marx hard.

Without capitalism, the only choice is the use of police power (force) to take (steal) from one (who works) to give to another (who does not work). Capitalism is the only form of legal freedom that pulls human beings out of poverty and into prosperity. Cuba, North Korea and most Islamic countries who practice military or theocratic totalitarianism, have neither freedom nor security and instead, rely on capitalistic countries to feed them. The USSR existed from 1917-1991, but was kept from starvation by grain imports from the U.S., Europe and Pacific rim nations.

Last edited:
In recent weeks, I was discovered that captialism, such as it exists in the United States of America is a crime against the American people. FDR was right when he created the second bill of rights. This bill of rights would have protected the blue collar worker from the evils of white collar greed and corruption.

Our forefathers I knew this to be true; Thomas Jefferson himself said "I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies." Jefferson made this comment during his term as the third President of the United States of America.

During the time FDR was President (World War II) there was on occasion where after a 44 day standoff between factory workers, employer-paid thugs, and the police; FDR deployed the national guard. The National Guard deployed around the factory and the workers therein.... and then pointed their weapons at the police and the corporate thugs sent to end the stand off.

FDR, who died before the end of World War II, also created and proposed a 2nd Bill of Rights designed specifically to provide prosperity in the United States. FDR presented the bill of rights during the State of the Union address from the White House on Jan. 11, 1944.

That bill of rights said that each American, regardless of race or creed, should have the following rights:
"The right to a useful and remunerative job in the industries or shops or farms or mines of the nation.

"The right of every farmer to raise and sell his products at a return which will give him

"The right of every businessman, large and small, to trade in an atmosphere of freedom from unfair competition and domination by monopolies at home or abroad.

"The right to adequate medical care and the opportunity to achieve and enjoy good health.

"The right to adequate protection from the economic fears of old age, sickness, accident and unemployment.

During this address Roosevelt said "The test of our progress, is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little."

Corporate America has become greedy, evil, and needs to be removed from office. Want proof?

Some companies take out insurance policies on employees where in CORPORATIONS benefit from the death of their employees whether those employees are currently on staff or not. These polices, which the insurance agency refers to as "Dead Peasant" Policies are very common among several large corporations; Bank of America, AT&T, Winn Dixie and WAL-MART... to name a few, all participate in profiting from the death of their employees.

Want to know more about dead peasant policies? ---> Dead Peasant Insurance; Corporate greed sinks to new depths - Ardee - Open Salonor
Dead Peasant Life Insurance, brought to you by capitalism | The Hive (This source has a NICE list of greedy corporations that participate in profiting from the deaths of their employees).

Captialism has gone to far and is the leading force in the the ruination of the American people. The very notion of captialism has effectively destroyed the American dream.

It's time for a change; it's time for companies like Goldman Sachs to be out of business. It's time for the business of government should be protecting Americans from the greed, corruption, and unscrupulous scumbags of big business.

If you want to live a better life; If you want to keep your house from being sold by a predatory banker who made you a loan with terms that would cause you to fail; If you want a life where corporate fat cats, senators, congressman, and lobbyists are not allowed to get wealthy off the blood of your loved ones, you must make a stand against Corporate America.

I think you are confusing capitalism with corporatism which is what the U.S. has had for many years and continues today. As for FDR's Bill of Rights, I find it impractical. For example, what do you consider a decent home? There is public housing, but I seriously doubt anyone would call those homes decent. Also, why am I entitled to all these things? For simply having been born? I always feel sorry for those who are handed everything in life. I believe working to achieve things builds character. The idea that people deserve things for being alive is an idea that will destroy the country.

Typical republican rhetoric.

Vader, how can you call yourself a centrist?

And if housing is a guaranteed right, in what ways are you planning to ensure this right is protected? By forcibly taking from one individual in order to provide for another? How many poor people in our capitalistic (though it is more corporatism in nature) society live without air-conditioning, running water, indoor plumbing, central heating, cable television, cell phone service, Internet access, etc.? I've been to the ghettos and I see many poor people sacrificing responsibility for entertainment. If an individual spends money on drugs instead of food or housing, then it is not my responsibility (the taxpayer) to placate his lifestyle and ensure him the materialistic things you call "rights."

And I would bet a large amount of money that you don't have the slightest clue how to separate government from business. How is subsidizing GE and large agribusiness meant to separate business from politics? Did the ICC regulations help or hurt the individual consumer (or worker)? How do tariffs, bailouts, artifically low interest rates, guaranteed loans, a 50,000 page tax code, licensing procedures, and the like separating government from business? Those things pull the two forces together.

Capitalism isn't the problem... it's rampant and uncontrolled corporatism at every level, as well as corporate power joining with government power so that the line between governance and business is blurred.

Capitalism isn't the problem... it's rampant and uncontrolled corporatism at every level, as well as corporate power joining with government power so that the line between governance and business is blurred.

I give libertarians credit for differentiating between capitalism and corporatism. That's a line I wish liberals would see more clearly. I agree with you and I think that a mixed market economy is the right way to go. We have the largest economy in the world, which is too much power to leave unchecked. You have got to have the government keeping tabs on corporations or they're going to be as much of a burden to individual liberties as the government would under a communist system. On the other hand, too much government control is just going to move the corruption from corporations to bureaucrats. These two sides of the coin should keep each other in check, but corporatism is the result of the exact opposite process taking place. That's why Halliburton gets massive government contracts, Walmart keeps destroying small businesses, net neutrality is in question, and the aforementioned bloating of housing costs by scummy landlords.

Also, the reference to Jefferson is misleading. Jefferson's opposition to banks was due to his conflict with Hamilton's Federalists, in which banking was the first manifestation of corporatism this country ever fell victim to. That's the lesson -- it's not that the government is inherently evil or that capitalism is inherently evil. Power is inherently evil, and the best system is the one that keeps power in check. You can delegate that duty to robots, but even they will eventually take over the world anyway. We're totally screwed is what I'm trying to say. And it's all because of robots ;)

Typical republican rhetoric.

Vader, why do you support an unsustainable, undoable pipedream that would require MASSIVE Gov't control over your life?

When Thomas Jefferson spoke against banks he was referring to central banking. He was warning against the dangers of such institutions as today's Federal Reserve for instance.

Wah...its not fair...its our right...and government should have to GIVE us everything...waaaaah...
Ladies and gentlemen....Yoooooooooooour democrat party...big round of applause...

Why do people blame Capitalism for Corporatism? Why do people blame Capitalism for bankers engaging in risk because they know they'll be bailed out? Why do people blame Capitalism for bubbles caused by our "Federal" Reserve's ruinous monetary policies and low interest rates?

Why is it whenever government screws things up, those willing to trade value for value or wages for employment take the blame, and more of the poison that got us into the situation is offered as the antidote?

This alleged "2nd Bill of Rights" isn't about equal rights, but equality in income. Its about the forced redistribution of wealth, intended to help, but always making things worse.

Most people don't know the difference between capitalism and corporatism.

Keynesian economics did no such thing. The problem is state monopoly capitalism. When a capitalist system creates powerful and wealthy individuals they inevitably exert that power on society and government. The Federal Reserve was a creation of the banks that ultimately created a banking cartel with formal government backing. It was not government intervention in business that led to the situation, but the reverse.

Why do people blame Capitalism for Corporatism? Why do people blame Capitalism for bankers engaging in risk because they know they'll be bailed out? Why do people blame Capitalism for bubbles caused by our "Federal" Reserve's ruinous monetary policies and low interest rates?

Why is it whenever government screws things up, those willing to trade value for value or wages for employment take the blame, and more of the poison that got us into the situation is offered as the antidote?

This alleged "2nd Bill of Rights" isn't about equal rights, but equality in income. Its about the forced redistribution of wealth, intended to help, but always making things worse.

Capitalism is ultimately to blame. Corporatism is the inevitable result of an unrestricted free market. Like anything else businesses seek to build their power and influence and eliminate competition. Right now we have tech companies like Apple trying to lock out competitors by using a dominant position in the market. To believe the free market will naturally create someone capable of replacing them is foolish.

When a corporation gains a monopoly in a country they also gain a stranglehold on the government. Anti-competitive practices are an inevitable consequences of unrestricted markets and always lead to monopolies that then exert power over government.

There is no magic cure from the free market.

Capitalism is ultimately to blame. Corporatism is the inevitable result of an unrestricted free market. Like anything else businesses seek to build their power and influence and eliminate competition. Right now we have tech companies like Apple trying to lock out competitors by using a dominant position in the market. To believe the free market will naturally create someone capable of replacing them is foolish.

When a corporation gains a monopoly in a country they also gain a stranglehold on the government. Anti-competitive practices are an inevitable consequences of unrestricted markets and always lead to monopolies that then exert power over government.

There is no magic cure from the free market.

How is the use of government force the fault of capitalism? Because under capitalism they made the money to lobby with? No, the blame falls on those using government force against the free market. The protectionists and the government are to blame; not capitalism.

What we need is a separation of economics and state. Government protectionism/subsidy should be unconstitutional.

The notion that corporatism is the inevitable result of free markets is utter tripe, the moment government force is used you're not talking about a free market. Corporatism is the inevitable result of protectionism, under a truly free market it cannot happen.

It does not come about in a free market, it comes about through government force; The same goes for monopolies.

Just how are Apple a monopoly? Just how are they using the market share they earned to "lock out competitors?" Can you honestly name a single alleged natural monopoly that came about without the use of government?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom