• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Captain Orange doesn't like Cruz

azgreg

Chicks dig the long ball
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Shocker!

John Boehner talks election, time in office | Stanford Daily

Much of the discussion – and laughs – focused on Boehner’s views on the current presidential candidates. Segueing into the topic, Kennedy asked Boehner to be frank given that the event was not being broadcasted, and the former Speaker responded in kind. When specifically asked his opinions on Ted Cruz, Boehner made a face, drawing laughter from the crowd.

“Lucifer in the flesh,” the former speaker said. “I have Democrat friends and Republican friends. I get along with almost everyone, but I have never worked with a more miserable son of a bitch in my life.”

Boehner described other Republican candidates as friends. In particular, the former speaker said he has played golf with Donald Trump for years and that they were “texting buddies.”

Interesting read.

They have a history, none of it is good. This is not shocking at all.

Interesting, particularly since he seems to get along with everyone else, even people he disagrees with on political ideology. I've heard others say the same thing about Ted Cruz.

Maybe Cruz really is worse than Donald Trump. Hard to imagine, but it's possible.

I liked the ending as well:

“Well you know I’m a big fan of Ronald Reagan,” Boehner said. “But I love all these knuckleheads talking about the party of Reagan. He would be the most moderate Republican elected today.”

He has that one right.

Boehner is rational, and he understands the art of compromise. Cruz not so much.

I agree. That's (among other reasons) why he's be dangerous in the white house.

Cruz does not believe in compromise, or for that matter even sitting down with the more moderate Rep to have a civil conversation, never mind the Dems. I have been waiting for Trump to knock that Cheshire Cat grin off Cruz's face since the Texas primary.

Back
Top Bottom