• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Captain America: Civil War

Ntharotep

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Without spoiling things for another few days since it appears there are one or two Americans who still haven't seen the movie- it was rather awesome IMNSHO.
It DID start out slow, definitely, but once it got going it got going. So much was packed into this movie.

Non-Spoiler Pros
• Spiderman
• Pretty well thought out plot
• Fun even during the "serious" battles
• Some actual surprises
• Afters fun
• Some Amazing one-liners (pun intended) without taking away from the rapport or the established character's one liners and dialogue
• About three hours that didn't feel like three hours

Non-Spoiler Cons
• Slow start
• Some personality disorders that didn't make much sense
• Plot that didn't find closure that doesn't really fit into upcoming movies

Over all, I rather loved it (but I do have a soft spot for Spiderman to be perfectly biased) and though there were some low points, they didn't make the movie unwatchable by any means. The good far outweighed the bad.

Took the family to see it yesterday. We all liked it very much.

A better title for the movie might have been Avengers 2.5 though. :2razz:

Without spoiling things for another few days since it appears there are one or two Americans who still haven't seen the movie- it was rather awesome IMNSHO.
It DID start out slow, definitely, but once it got going it got going. So much was packed into this movie.

Non-Spoiler Pros
• Spiderman
• Pretty well thought out plot
• Fun even during the "serious" battles
• Some actual surprises
• Afters fun
• Some Amazing one-liners (pun intended) without taking away from the rapport or the established character's one liners and dialogue
• About three hours that didn't feel like three hours

Non-Spoiler Cons
• Slow start
• Some personality disorders that didn't make much sense
• Plot that didn't find closure that doesn't really fit into upcoming movies

Over all, I rather loved it
(but I do have a soft spot for Spiderman to be perfectly biased) and though there were some low points, they didn't make the movie unwatchable by any means. The good far outweighed the bad.

This Spiderman is my favorite of all the Spidermen by far. :mrgreen:

We need less comic book movies and tv shows. At this point it's worse than cop shows ever were.

We need less comic book movies and tv shows. At this point it's worse than cop shows ever were.

Unfortunately, these films bring in a truck load of $$. I do not see them cutting back on the whole Superhero thing until a few of these films fail at the box office.

Unfortunately, these films bring in a truck load of $$. I do not see them cutting back on the whole Superhero thing until a few of these films fail at the box office.

I don't know about other people, but I have stopped watching them all together. Seriously, it's getting really really old now.

Eh, I like the Superhero Movies, the good ones anyway. I'd have nothing much to watch in theatres if there wasn't any around.

Eh, I like the Superhero Movies, the good[/i] ones anyway. I'd have nothing much to watch in theatres if there wasn't any around.

That's because the majority of movies worth a **** in the last so many years were super hero movies. :/

Fortunately very few people agree with you.

Eh, I like the Superhero Movies, the good ones anyway. I'd have nothing much to watch in theatres if there wasn't any around.

Some are better than others, I enjoy the Spider man films, but cannot get into the rest. Haha I always fall asleep at the cinema, what a waste of $11, must be the comfy seats.

Thank goodness there are NON-superhero movies for those to watch and comment on that dont like the Superhero genre.

We really liked this movie. The Marvel universe is expanding and there will be more spinoffs, Avengers, XMen type movies.

I agree about this spider man. Much more in line with the comic book spiderman.

I didn't realize there was a 2nd one out... still haven't watched the first one. :2razz:

Thank goodness there are NON-superhero movies for those to watch and comment on that dont like the Superhero genre.

We really liked this movie. The Marvel universe is expanding and there will be more spinoffs, Avengers, XMen type movies.

I agree about this spider man. Much more in line with the comic book spiderman.
I have yet to see it, but from what I can see this movie did in fact deliver on it's promises. Maybe it'll be a better experience for me than BvS was.

That's because the majority of movies worth a **** in the last so many years were super hero movies. :/
And is that a bad thing? I mean superhero movies make for a great movie experience IMO.

And is that a bad thing? I mean superhero movies make for a great movie experience IMO.

Do they? It's just a bunch of unrealistic garbage and special effects.

Do they? It's just a bunch of unrealistic garbage and special effects.
Well, not all of them are. The first Avengers and Iron Man were great movie experiences for me, but the Age of Ultron and Phase 2 for Marvel movies overall was pretty meh to me. I also loved Man of Steel, really enjoyed that movie despite all the hate it got. But BvS I found to be pretty lackluster and clunky.

Comic books are just the right speed for the people who have given us the two apparent presidential candidates. It takes very little thought or reasoning to overtax their brains.

If this movie has anything to do with the Civil War, I am sure I will not be seeing it.

Continue being wrong. Don't break the streak. :mrgreen:

Comic books are for eight year old boys. If you want to never grow up be my guest.

I didn't realize there was a 2nd one out... still haven't watched the first one. :2razz:

A local theater showed the Ultimate Captain America Marathon on opening day.

Captain America: The First Avenger
The Avengers
Captain America: The Winter Soldier
Avengers: Age of Ultron

All for just $35. Included a souvenir cup, popcorn, and commemorative badge and button.

Comic books are for eight year old boys. If you want to never grow up be my guest.

I haven't looked at a comic book in decades. For me movies are a nice way to get away from life for a couple of hours. Pure entertainment for that time period is the only criteria.

I haven't looked at a comic book in decades. For me movies are a nice way to get away from life for a couple of hours. Pure entertainment for that time period is the only criteria.

All you did was replace comic books with movies about comic book characters.

A local theater showed the Ultimate Captain America Marathon on opening day.

Captain America: The First Avenger
The Avengers
Captain America: The Winter Soldier
Avengers: Age of Ultron

All for just $35. Included a souvenir cup, popcorn, and commemorative badge and button.

Holy crap.. . I had no idea. I only go to the theaters a couple of times a year. Last year I watched The Martian, Deadpool and Star Wars.

Back
Top Bottom