• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Caprio's reaction to snub? President can 'shove it'

ReverendHellh0und

I don't respect you.
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian
Caprio's reaction to snub? President can 'shove it'

Caprio's reaction to snub? President can 'shove it' - Projo 7 to 7 News Blog | Rhode Island news | The Providence Journal

PROVIDENCE, R.I. -- Rhode Island gubernatorial candidate Frank Caprio, in a radio interview Monday morning, reacted angrily to President Obama's decision not to endorse him during a visit to the Ocean State Monday.

"He can take his endorsement and really shove it as far as I'm concerned," Caprio told talk-show host John DePetro during an interview on WPRO-AM.

In Monday morning's Providence Journal, John Mulligan of The Journal's Washington bureau reported that Mr. Obama would not endorse Democrat Caprio during a visit to Rhode Island Monday.

Mulligan quoted independent candidate Lincoln Chafee's spokesman saying Obama's decision "is a victory for Linc Chafee," who is one of Caprio's opponents in the race for governor.

Trouble in paradise?

Trouble in paradise?

Not exactly, the Independent candidate and former Republican Lincoln Chafee endorsed Obama in 2008, so it would not be cool to endorse his competition. Lincoln Chafee would do a great job as govenor.

Not exactly, the Independent candidate and former Republican Lincoln Chafee endorsed Obama in 2008, so it would not be cool to endorse his competition. Lincoln Chafee would do a great job as govenor.

Competition, from within the Presidents own party.

Competition, from within the Presidents own party.
If you were president faced with same situation, what would you do? Would you be loyal to the person or the party?

If you were president faced with same situation, what would you do? Would you be loyal to the person or the party?

loyal? is that why they are taking money from some canidates and pushing it to others? That's what you call "loyalty"?

loyal? is that why they are taking money from some canidates and pushing it to others? That's what you call "loyalty"?

That's not at all what I said. Do you have this thread confused with another, maybe?

Supporting the ideals and positions of my party would be more important that avoiding pissing off someone outside my party who happened to support me 2 years ago.

The fact that Lincoln Chafee was also a Republican until 2007 and Obama still won't support Caprio, must be grating to him as well.

Supporting the ideals and positions of my party would be more important that avoiding pissing off someone outside my party who happened to support me 2 years ago.

The fact that Lincoln Chafee was also a Republican until 2007 and Obama still won't support Caprio, must be grating to him as well.
To each his own, Whovian. Layout the postitions of both candidates and you may find out why President Obama doesn't endorse the Democratic nominee over Chafee. I don't know all the details. Lincoln Chafee is fairly liberal; that's why he left the Republican party.

To each his own, Whovian. Layout the postitions of both candidates and you may find out why President Obama doesn't endorse the Democratic nominee over Chafee. I don't know all the details. Lincoln Chafee is fairly liberal; that's why he left the Republican party.

why was he there in the 1st place?

Isn't America great. Earlier in the thread you said Chafee would make a great governor. Now you say you don't know the details of his positions.

pbrauer said:
Isn't America great. Earlier in the thread you said Chafee would make a great governor. Now you say you don't know the details of his positions.

Technically, that's not what he said. I read that as him not knowing all the details of why there was no endorsement, since the idea of comparing the two candidates positions was a different sentence.

Technically, that's not what he said. I read that as him not knowing all the details of why there was no endorsement, since the idea of comparing the two candidates positions was a different sentence.

Unless you are a mindreader I will leave that for him to answer.

I know Chafee is fairly liberal, so I think he would make a good governor. I didn't know Capro's positions, but I just heard on the radio he is more conservative than Chafee. I think Caprio's public comment was off base.

At least this one Democrat is willing to speak his mind regarding Obama. Good for him, if I was in R.I. I would consider voting for him.

Back
Top Bottom