• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Capitol Police told not to use most aggressive tactics in riot response, report finds

No lie is too big of a lie for some trump supporters to accept. Care to explain why schumer is responsible since mitch was the senate leader at the time?
I stand corrected. I made a mistake.

I stand corrected. I made a mistake.
Please try not to let your beliefs stop facts from being recognized as truth. This is how way too many things get blown out of proportion that are not even true. A tip of the hat to you for being a big enough person to say you made a mistake.

Republican Adm offered the NG?

You have a link?

Here is one of many. Also worth noting, earlier in the week Trump authorized a very routine order authorizing the national guard to provide whatever help the capitol required.

WASHINGTON (AP) — Three days before supporters of President Donald Trump rioted at the Capitol, the Pentagon asked the U.S Capitol Police if it needed National Guard manpower. And as the mob descended on the building Wednesday, Justice Department leaders reached out to offer up FBI agents. The police turned them down both times, according to senior defense officials and two people familiar with the matter.

Despite plenty of warnings of a possible insurrection and ample resources and time to prepare, the Capitol Police planned only for a free speech demonstration. Still stinging from the uproar over the violent response by law enforcement to protests last June near the White House, officials also were intent on avoiding any appearance that the federal government was deploying active duty or National Guard troops against Americans.

The Justice Department, FBI and other agencies began to monitor hotels, flights and social media for weeks and were expecting large crowds. Mayor Muriel Bowser had warned of impending violence for weeks, and businesses had closed in anticipation. She requested National Guard help from the Pentagon on Dec. 31, but the Capitol Police turned down the Jan. 3 offer from the Defense Department, according to Kenneth Rapuano, assistant defense secretary for homeland security.

“We asked more than once and the final return that we got on Sunday the 3rd was that they would not be asking DOD for assistance,” he said.

The Justice Department’s offer for FBI support as the protesters grew violent was rejected by the Capitol Police, according to the two people familiar with the matter. They were not authorized to publicly discuss the matter and spoke on condition of anonymity.

Please try not to let your beliefs stop facts from being recognized as truth. This is how way too many things get blown out of proportion that are not even true. A tip of the hat to you for being a big enough person to say you made a mistake.
Yes - I made a mistake on the transition date and admitted it. So now you are continuing to say I lied?

Bottom line - this was a massive security failure in the face of an expected event. They need to dig into why that happened. Pelosi and other democrats shouldn't be allowed to abdicate their responsibility for that as well.

Yes - I made a mistake on the transition date and admitted it. So now you are continuing to say I lied?

Bottom line - this was a massive security failure in the face of an expected event. They need to dig into why that happened. Pelosi and other democrats shouldn't be allowed to abdicate their responsibility for that as well.
No not at all and I agree with the rest of your post. If dems are behind the lack of response, prosecute them. If the R's were behind the lack of response, prosecute them.

Dude, even pence called for help. Let me also remind you the house was held by the dems. The senate and the white house were republican controlled. Congress is not the house alone. Who were in the seats of authority in the trump administration, democrats?

Like I said, the Administration has no authority over the Capitol police under the control of Congress. The administration did offer National Guard manpower, they turned it down.
Strange how nobody wonders why there werent more temporary barricades and manpower present for what was known to be a huge gathering. Should of had another 100 riot gear police ready and standing by if needed. Most of these people simply walked in through open doors. Video shows the protesters inside among the police with no confrontations occurring. 3 Capitol police were literally 2 ft behind the lady right before she was shot, leaned up against the wall.
Wouldnt put it past Nancy and Mitch to have instructed the Capitol police to stand down with the use of force believing the worst thing that could happen is that it would make Trump look bad.

The evidence is mounting that the 1/06 attacks were an inside job.

Given how widespread the "9/11 was an inside job" CT spread, I don't say that lightly, nor am I ready to outright accept it. But between this, trump's orders to the Capitol police to lay low

Trump doesnt give orders to the Capitol police under the orders of Congress. And Trump offered the Capitol police National Guard troops in advance and they turned it down. It could of been an inside job to turn a protest into "insurrection" to delegitimize Trump.

Like I said, the Administration has no authority over the Capitol police under the control of Congress. The administration did offer National Guard manpower, they turned it down.
Strange how nobody wonders why there werent more temporary barricades and manpower present for what was known to be a huge gathering. Should of had another 100 riot gear police ready and standing by if needed. Most of these people simply walked in through open doors. Video shows the protesters inside among the police with no confrontations occurring. 3 Capitol police were literally 2 ft behind the lady right before she was shot, leaned up against the wall.
Wouldnt put it past Nancy and Mitch to have instructed the Capitol police to stand down with the use of force believing the worst thing that could happen is that it would make Trump look bad.
Nancy and mitch in cahoots, that's priceless.

There were massages on right wing web sites that specifically stated trump had taken care of the Capitol police, and the National Guard, it was DC police that would be their only issue...

Did you make that up or did someone else do so for you? Have a link?

This was not a riot, it was an attack on our nations Capitol and when I was in the army we were trained to protect our Capitol.

Some windows got broken. Not much of an attack. Less damage than your typical BLM insurrection.

No not at all and I agree with the rest of your post. If dems are behind the lack of response, prosecute them. If the R's were behind the lack of response, prosecute them.

Its not a crime for politicians to make stupid decisions.

There were massages on right wing web sites that specifically stated trump had taken care of the Capitol police, and the National Guard, it was DC police that would be their only issue...

This may surprise you, but there are people on the internet that say all kinds of crazy things. That doesn't mean they are all true, or should be taken seriously.

For example:

This was a terrorist attack on our nations Capitol by traitors incited by traitors a d should have been met with lethal force...

Ashli Babbitt disagrees.
Ms. Babbitt should not have tried to climb through a broken window with a gun pointed at her when she didn't know what the gun was protecting.

Ms. Babbitt should not have tried to climb through a broken window with a gun pointed at her when she didn't know what the gun was protecting.

Between the policeman with the gun on one side of the door and 3 policeman on the other side of the door with Ashli, shooting her in the chest wasnt necessary. Any one of the three could of eliminated any threat she posed with one hand.

There needs to be some explanations for why the leaders choose not to deploy all the tools they had at their disposal. It is almost as if they held back their response to purposefully allow the mob to grow uncontrollable. The Capital Police were warned but still choose to not use all means avaliable to them. That is unacceptable and whomever made those choices should receive punishment for their poor choices.
The police should be able to use all tools at their disposal in ALL riots, people getting hurt be damned. It's ridiculous to let cities burn across the US but we only need to be tough at the US Capitol. The Capitol riots got out of hand just because of the fact that lefties allowed riots to happen all summer long and fought every attempt at shows of force. Now they want to whine and cry about it.

It's always nice to see the police try to de escalate the situation before resorting to shooting unarmed people in the head.

The police should be able to use all tools at their disposal in ALL riots, people getting hurt be damned. It's ridiculous to let cities burn across the US but we only need to be tough at the US Capitol. The Capitol riots got out of hand just because of the fact that lefties allowed riots to happen all summer long and fought every attempt at shows of force. Now they want to whine and cry about it.

Can you list all the cities that burned down as a result of BLM rioting?

Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom