• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Capitol Cop Aquitted of All Charges for Killing Babbitt

lurchadams

Zoom Warrior
Banned
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent

"A U.S. Capitol Police officer has been cleared of criminal wrongdoing for fatally shooting Air Force veteran Ashli Babbitt as she attempted to breach a set of doors deep in the Capitol during the January siege, federal prosecutors in D.C. announced Wednesday.

Authorities determined that there was insufficient evidence to prove Babbitt’s civil rights were violated, and that it was reasonable for the officer to believe he was firing in self-defense or in defense of members of Congress and aides who were fleeing the House chamber. Prosecutors did not identify the officer."

Good. If Biden was an evil troll like Trump is - Biden would give award the officer the Congressional Medal of Freedom for bravery. The cop was just doing his job - but this, again, shows how evil Republicans are. trump awarded the damn thing to Limbaugh, another troll.

"A U.S. Capitol Police officer has been cleared of criminal wrongdoing for fatally shooting Air Force veteran Ashli Babbitt as she attempted to breach a set of doors deep in the Capitol during the January siege, federal prosecutors in D.C. announced Wednesday.

Authorities determined that there was insufficient evidence to prove Babbitt’s civil rights were violated, and that it was reasonable for the officer to believe he was firing in self-defense or in defense of members of Congress and aides who were fleeing the House chamber. Prosecutors did not identify the officer."

Good. If Biden was an evil troll like Trump is - Biden would give award the officer the Congressional Medal of Freedom for bravery. The cop was just doing his job - but this, again, shows how evil Republicans are. trump awarded the damn thing to Limbaugh, another troll.
Slow news day? You have to dig back to a year old article about a travesty of justice to find something to slam Trump for?

Thread dismissed.

Do the riots and looting start immediately to protest another cop killing an unarmed civilian or is there a waiting period? Asking for a friend who’s eyeing a new SG

This will infuriate people who say "he shouldn't have resisted" when a black man is killed with shots from behind, even cuffed?

Do the riots and looting start immediately to protest another cop killing an unarmed civilian or is there a waiting period? Asking for a friend who’s eyeing a new SG

Was the victim another black man who was killed with shots from behind, even cuffed?

A black man casually murdered over 9 minutes on camera?

A drunk white man who had 8 officers shouting at him to get down on the floor who does so, slowly starts crawling forward, and is executed when he faceplanted drunkenly?

A black woman sleeping with her boyfriend when a no-knock team bursts in like a violent gang would and blows her away (while trying to hit her black boyfriend, who himself was exercising perfectly reasonable 2nd Amd. rights)?

Or, Mr. "Progressive", was the victim someone who was part of an attempt to overthrow the first republic, shot while leaping through a smashed-in window towards guns aimed directly at her and over threats that they will fire if she advances?

:rolleyes:

Extra credit: the sheer idiocy of far-right people who post loads of hackery using "progressive" as a lean....

A year late and a billion dollar short.

Last edited:
Too bad Babbit wasn't a minority so we could've seen the Justice Brothers get involved. Jessie and Al I mean.

This will infuriate people who say "he shouldn't have resisted" when a black man is killed with shots from behind, even cuffed?

Was the victim another black man who was killed with shots from behind, even cuffed?

A drunk white man who had 8 officers shouting at him to get down on the floor who does so, slowly starts crawling forward, and is executed when he faceplanted drunkenly?

A black woman sleeping with her boyfriend when a no-knock team bursts in like a violent gang would and blows her away (while trying to hit her black boyfriend, who himself was exercising perfectly reasonable 2nd Amd. rights)?

Or, Mr. "Progressive", was the victim someone who was part of an attempt to overthrow the first republic, shot while leaping through a smashed-in window towards guns aimed directly at her and over threats that they will fire if she advances?

Extra credit: the sheer idiocy of far-right people who post loads of hackery using "progressive" as a lean....

Defenseless woman shot in head really seems to get under your skin.

She worked the kind of job in the military that cop was working. She would have shot a person trying to breach a barricade she was tasked with protecting or been subject to disciplinary action.

Literally the winner of a stupid prize.

Funny that she’s the only one that happened to that you care about. Is it because she is white? Female? Trump supporter?

What makes her different from all the other unarmed people shot by cops?

New from one year ago?

When a new administration comes in the guy better hide. There is no statute of limitations on murder.

10 U.S. Code § 843 - Art. 43. Statute of limitations​

(a) No Limitation for Certain Offenses.—
A person charged with absence without leave or missing movement in time of war, with murder, rape or sexual assault, or rape or sexual assault of a child, maiming of a child, kidnapping of a child, or with any other offense punishable by death, may be tried and punished at any time without limitation.

What in the name of all that is good are you babbling about now? A woman shot in cold blood and this is the post?
:eek:
:sick::poop:

New from one year ago?

When a new administration comes in the guy better hide. There is no statute of limitations on murder.

10 U.S. Code § 843 - Art. 43. Statute of limitations​

(a) No Limitation for Certain Offenses.—
A person charged with absence without leave or missing movement in time of war, with murder, rape or sexual assault, or rape or sexual assault of a child, maiming of a child, kidnapping of a child, or with any other offense punishable by death, may be tried and punished at any time without limitation.
LOL.. "murder". You guys. Babbitt new the risk when she tried to attack our Democracy, I'm not happy she's dead, but it was HER fault and no one else's.

Cowardly post, but then I don't expect hyperpartisan bullshit to have legitimate support.

Funny that she’s the only one that happened to that you care about. Is it because she is white? Female? Trump supporter?

What makes her different from all the other unarmed people shot by cops?

Some interesting claims you made I’m sure you’ll have some proof to back them up and not simply pulling nuggets of crap out your ass to post.

I know.. To admit there's a problem in some police departments would anger white supremacists. So the cynical Republicans deny it exists.

Groan.

Some interesting claims you made I’m sure you’ll have some proof to back them up and not simply pulling nuggets of crap out your ass to post.
Unarmed person shot by cops because she didn’t follow lawful orders and continued to advance.

Lots of civilians die that way at the hands of law enforcement. But I don’t think I’ve seen you defend any of them.

So there must be some other difference and I would like to know what that difference is.

LOL.. "murder". You guys. Babbitt new the risk when she tried to attack our Democracy, I'm not happy she's dead, but it was HER fault and no one else's.
Wrong again! When Garland is gone no one will protect him.

A Metro PD Internal Affairs Division report indicates that the Internal Affairs Division interviewed Lt. Michael Byrd and another United States Capitol Police officer (whose name is withheld), on January 6, 2021, at 7:38 p.m. and the interview was recorded. The investigators note that Byrd, on duty that day since 7:00 a.m., was only equipped with his service weapon, but no ASP (telescoping baton) or OC (pepper spray). He’d last qualified on the shooting range on October 22, 2020. The report notes, “Lieutenant Byrd declined to provide a statement until he can consult an attorney.” The interviewing agent asked Byrd to have his attorney contact him.

Sergeant [redacted] observed a white, female protester was climbing through an opened area where the glass pane had been knocked out. He heard a gunshot and this female fell backwards through the opening. The crowd on the other side of the barricaded east doors, began to step back and some put their hands in the air. Sergeant [redacted] observed Lieutenant Byrd step back just after hearing the gunshot. He did not see anything in the female protester’s hands prior to the gunshot.

The interviewer asks the sergeant if he saw anything in the woman’s hands as she was climbing through the window, and he replies, “I didn’t see anything in her hands now.” Asked when he realized Byrd shot the woman, the sergeant replied, “I said, what, you know? And then he was like, I was the one who took the shot and I was like …” Speaking of Byrd’s reaction the sergeant said, “No, his eyes were red. He was, you could see he was visibly upset and he just, you know, kind of comfort him and told him, you know, we gotta get outta here.” The interviewing agent asked the sergeant about Babbitt being shot, “Did you go up to her [?].” He replied, “No, no, no. I maintained my position.”

In a January 6, 2021, summary report of an interview of another United States Capitol Police officer by the Internal Affairs Division investigator, the interviewee, who was immediately behind Byrd in the Speaker’s Lobby when Byrd shot Babbitt, said “He did not see Ms. McEntee [Babbitt] in possession of any potential weapons.” The report continued, “He reiterated that he did not observe that she was armed.” The United States Capitol Police officer claimed that “Lieutenant Byrd was shaking, he did not say anything…. Byrd was nervous, teary-eyed, and appeared very upset. His voice also shaky when he called for medical assistance over the radio. Lieutenant Byrd was still very upset.”

Unarmed person shot by cops because she didn’t follow lawful orders and continued to advance.

Lots of civilians die that way at the hands of law enforcement. But I don’t think I’ve seen you defend any of them.

So there must be some other difference and I would like to know what that difference is.
My position on Babbitt has been consistent and in line with my positions on each police shooting I’ve taken part in. Unlike some I am not taking any different approach to this case.

Slow news day? You have to dig back to a year old article about a travesty of justice to find something to slam Trump for?

Thread dismissed.

;)

3520517cbccdc10ff4bd44ff6b3f1e504b02a84d.png

How it started....

How its going....

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom