• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Capitol Cop Aquitted of All Charges for Killing Babbitt

You are one of the folks clinging to the 'there were no weapons' in the Capital?
How many guns were collected? Who was arrested for gun possession? Do you consider a fire extinguisher the weapon of choice?
What were the weapons and how many collected?
You are one of the folks clinging to the rioters killed people in the capitol narrative.

You are one of the folks clinging to the rioters killed people in the capitol narrative.
Ashli Babbitt was the only person intentionally killed. The other fatalities suffered medical emergencies or overdoses according to the Medical Examiner, IIRC.

How many guns were collected? Who was arrested for gun possession? Do you consider a fire extinguisher the weapon of choice?
Such a silly question, as if a gun is the only possible weapon.
And as for Babbitt, no way for the cop to know she did not have a gun.

Recall the Boston Marathon terrorists did not kill anyone with guns. They did it with a bomb carried to the site in a backpack.

Remind me what Babbitt had on her back?

Such a silly question, as if a gun is the only possible weapon.
And as for Babbitt, no way for the cop to know she did not have a gun.

Recall the Boston Marathon terrorists did not kill anyone with guns. They did it with a bomb carried to the site in a backpack.

Remind me what Babbitt had on her back?
Come on, you claim to be an attorney? Not a criminal attorney or a civil attorney.
If you could read, I did say "fire extinguisher the weapon of choice". Tell me counselor forward a list of the weapons used or found.
Did the weapons used justify lethal force?
Did they shoot everyone with a backpack?
Why were capitol police allowing people inside?
You are now saying because a gun wasn't seen, it's justify shooting her. OMG

How many people left the grounds (and the inside of the Capital) without being frisked? And you are one of those clinging to the notion that Capital Police suicides were unrelated to the insurrection.

"Conservative social media posts misleadingly claim the attack on the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 6 was not an “armed” insurrection, citing FBI testimony that no guns were seized from suspects that day. But 23 people have been charged with having deadly or dangerous weapons during the assault — including a loaded handgun found on a man arrested on Capitol grounds."

Come on, you claim to be an attorney? Not a criminal attorney or a civil attorney.
If you could read, I did say "fire extinguisher the weapon of choice". Tell me counselor forward a list of the weapons used or found.
I would suggest it is you who needs to go back and actually read more carefully before posting.
Fire extinguisher the weapon of choice? I did not know those assaulting Capitol police had a preferred weapon. Seems like the use of mace outnumbered fire extinguishers.
The remainder of your questions are just stupid. The officer in question had but seconds to make a decision as to the use of lethal force based upon the circumstances- where he was, where the rioters were, what they were doing, whether they may have weapons, what their intent was by smashing thru what I understood was the last barrier before reaching rooms actually holding members of congress.
Based upon ALL of the circumstances, yes it was absolutely a justified shooting.

I would suggest it is you who needs to go back and actually read more carefully before posting.
Fire extinguisher the weapon of choice? I did not know those assaulting Capitol police had a preferred weapon. Seems like the use of mace outnumbered fire extinguishers.
The remainder of your questions are just stupid. The officer in question had but seconds to make a decision as to the use of lethal force based upon the circumstances- where he was, where the rioters were, what they were doing, whether they may have weapons, what their intent was by smashing thru what I understood was the last barrier before reaching rooms actually holding members of congress.
Based upon ALL of the circumstances, yes it was absolutely a justified shooting.
LOL
Was he the only officer there?
Did the other officers had to made a split seconds decision?
Why was he the only one to fire his weapon?
Hypocrite stupid liberals that feel shooting an unarmed conservative is okay but when a black person that probably votes Biden gets shot attacking an officer with a visible weapon the attacker is the victim.
So concerned about assaulting Capitol police but stupid hypocrite liberals had no concern of the thousands of police injured during the Biden riots of 2020.
So use of mace is an offensive punishable by death.

How many people left the grounds (and the inside of the Capital) without being frisked? And you are one of those clinging to the notion that Capital Police suicides were unrelated to the insurrection.

"Conservative social media posts misleadingly claim the attack on the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 6 was not an “armed” insurrection, citing FBI testimony that no guns were seized from suspects that day. But 23 people have been charged with having deadly or dangerous weapons during the assault — including a loaded handgun found on a man arrested on Capitol grounds."
LOL
Liberal hypocrite.
You had no problem with a BLM rioter sticking a gun into Rittenhouses face, but had a problem with Rittenhouse defending himself. Because a conservative was killed, no problem killing an unarmed protester.
How many brandish a gun at the Capitol? How many used a gun against police at the Capitol?
How many Biden rioters brandished a gun or used it against police?
You can't have it both ways.

Guns are not the only object people use as lethal weapons. Why are you sticking to this weak argument? I'm seriously asking.

LOL
Liberal hypocrite.
You had no problem with a BLM rioter sticking a gun into Rittenhouses face, but had a problem with Rittenhouse defending himself. Because a conservative was killed, no problem killing an unarmed protester.
How many brandish a gun at the Capitol? How many used a gun against police at the Capitol?
How many Biden rioters brandished a gun or used it against police?
You can't have it both ways.
And you had no problem with Rittenhouse brutally murdering people. You called it self defense. But when the capitol cop shot Babbitt - doing his duty you call the cop a "murderer".

It is the Republicans who are the hypocrites, my friend - plain an simple.

Even though Babbitt, at the time was criminal attacking our Democracy - she's on @Outlook 's team, the Republicans. The Republicans, now have become nothing but cynical, evil, soulless people who dont just want to win - it's when they lose, they don't think they should have to either concede. Also their opposition needs to be stomped out for daring even to challenge their evil. Zero sum, bigoted, paranoid, Republicans. They suck.

So if a cop shot a black guy robbing a liquor store and all the black guy had was a fire extinguisher, you'd be calling for the cop's head, right?

Bullshit.

Force of arms? How many guns were there?
Having said that, I don't agree with the capitol rioters actions on Jan. 6, nor do I agree with Trump's claim that the election was stolen.

My main interest in this case is that protesters should be treated in a consistent manner, not according to which cause you agree with. Would it be okay for cops to shoot unarmed Antifa and BLM rioters? I doubt it.
Rittenhouse did and you celebrated it. Hypocrisy - Republicans are soaking in it.

Rittenhouse did and you celebrated it. Hypocrisy - Republicans are soaking in it.
Babbitt was not trying to kill anyone, unlike Rittenhouse's attackers. Besides, of the three people he shot, one was pointing a gun at him, the other was trying to bash him in the skull with a skateboard, and the other was threatening to kill him before lunging for his rifle.

Babbitt was not trying to kill anyone, unlike Rittenhouse's attackers. Besides, of the three people he shot, one was pointing a gun at him, the other was trying to bash him in the skull with a skateboard, and the other was threatening to kill him before lunging for his rifle.
No, Babbitt was just comitting treason. What's the penalty for that again?

LOL
Was he the only officer there?
Did the other officers had to made a split seconds decision?
Why was he the only one to fire his weapon?
Hypocrite stupid liberals that feel shooting an unarmed conservative is okay but when a black person that probably votes Biden gets shot attacking an officer with a visible weapon the attacker is the victim.
So concerned about assaulting Capitol police but stupid hypocrite liberals had no concern of the thousands of police injured during the Biden riots of 2020.
So use of mace is an offensive punishable by death.
Too much stupidity in that one post to deal with. So I'll just hit the dumbest of the dumbe: Biden riots of 2020? You mean while he was a private citizen? That's news to me.

So overdramatic. Who on Jan. 6 was charged with treason?
What's the penalty for treason? You know, like interfering with our smooth transition of power?

What's the penalty for treason? You know, like interfering with our smooth transition of power?
Babbitt wasn't committing treason. And even people who commit treason are entitled to a fair trial and judged by a jury of their peers, not shot on sight.

Babbitt wasn't committing treason. And even people who commit treason are entitled to a fair trial and judged by a jury of their peers, not shot on sight.
So, the people Rittenhouse shot didn't deserve a fair trial? I'm just trying to see if you'll see your hypocrisy.

Babbitt was a traitor. She got was she deserved. I'm sorry she's dead, but it's her own fault, not the cop's not anyone else's.

Deal with it.

Officer was cleared, your nonsense is just deflection and just dumb.

Babbit broke into the Capitol with the others looking for Pence. She ignored the barricaded and locked doors in front of her and tried to advance. Bye bye

So, the people Rittenhouse shot didn't deserve a fair trial? I'm just trying to see if you'll see your hypocrisy.

Babbitt was a traitor. She got was she deserved. I'm sorry she's dead, but it's her own fault, not the cop's not anyone else's.
Rittenhouse was in a kill or be killed situation. That's not the case with the cop who shot Babbitt. None of the rioters killed anyone.
Calling her a traitor is frankly ridiculous. Obviously they were there to protest, and things turned violent. Just like numerous Antifa/BLM riots, many involving Federal property.

But as I said before, if you want to say her shooting was justified, I don't have a huge problem with that. But I don't see any way someone can say a criminal being shot while fighting with a cop, grabbing his taser, grabbing for a knife, or trying to stab another girl was unjustified, but be just fine with unarmed Ashli Babbitt being shot.

Babbit broke into the Capitol with the others looking for Pence. She ignored the barricaded and locked doors in front of her and tried to advance. Bye bye
We don't know that she was looking for Pence. Just because there were a few yahoos chanting about him doesn't mean that was her intent.
And in at least one version of the story I heard, she was hemmed in by the doors by the crowd and couldn't move. I don't think you can tell much from that chaotic video.

Having said that, I do not support whatever it is those rioters were trying to do on Jan. 6, nor do I feel that they represent me as a conservative.

Rittenhouse was in a kill or be killed situation. That's not the case with the cop who shot Babbitt. None of the rioters killed anyone.
Calling her a traitor is frankly ridiculous. Obviously they were there to protest, and things turned violent. Just like numerous Antifa/BLM riots, many involving Federal property.

But as I said before, if you want to say her shooting was justified, I don't have a huge problem with that. But I don't see any way someone can say a criminal being shot while fighting with a cop, grabbing his taser, grabbing for a knife, or trying to stab another girl was unjustified, but be just fine with unarmed Ashli Babbitt being shot.

We don't know that she was looking for Pence. Just because there were a few yahoos chanting about him doesn't mean that was her intent.
And in at least one version of the story I heard, she was hemmed in by the doors by the crowd and couldn't move. I don't think you can tell much from that chaotic video.

Having said that, I do not support whatever it is those rioters were trying to do on Jan. 6, nor do I feel that they represent me as a conservative.

Yes we do

Back
Top Bottom