• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Capitalism is love?

James972

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Capitalism forces the capitalist to provide the best possible products in the world to his customers and best possible jobs in the world to his workers just to survive. In sum, it forces the capitalist to love his customers and workers; so in a very important sense it is about love, world peace and prosperity.

What does this have to do with "government spending and debt?"

Capitalism forces the capitalist to provide the best possible products in the world to his customers and best possible jobs in the world to his workers just to survive. In sum, it forces the capitalist to love his customers and workers; so in a very important sense it is about love, world peace and prosperity.
Dear James,
poppycock.

sincerely,
a capitalist.

Yeah, selling the best possible products....

Sugar in everything right up to candy sold as breakfast food,

Clothes that fall apart weeks to months after they are sold,

Cars that lose value as soon as they pull off the lot,

Planned obsolescence....

Yeah, selling the best possible products....
Planned obsolescence....

The absolute pure beauty of capitalism is that you are 100% free to invent a product that does not become obsolete and make yourself billions of dollars and to drive the planned obsolesence scumbag liberal guys into bankruptcy!! Now do you understand?

The absolute pure beauty of capitalism is that you are 100% free to invent a product that does not become obsolete and make yourself billions of dollars and to drive the planned obsolesence scumbag liberal guys into bankruptcy!! Now do you understand?

Sorry to criticize again but you're really not connecting with anyone who could have their opinions swayed.

Uh, no.

Why would anyone want to do that? Planned obsolescence is invented. And why do you think they invented it?

If the stuff they make falls apart quickly, that means people have to re-buy it. If it doesn't, that means they never get repeat customers. If you live in a society where you need to be continually increasing revenue into some kind of infinity, why would you make something that no one has to re-buy?

No company would ever spend the ad dollars on it. No factory would subject their workers to the risk of making it. And even if none of that was true, you'd go out of business as soon as everyone had one.

And in a capitalist society where it's make useless **** or die, that's just plain stupid.

That's why companies use planned obsolescence.

Capitalism rewards shoddy, bottom-dollar workmanship more than anything else. More profit that way.

so you could sell it to 5 billion people and get very very very rich!! 1+1=2

Uh huh and what happens when thry don't need anything from you any more?

Uh huh and what happens when thry don't need anything from you any more?

I guess you retire because you are very very rich having sold a non obsolescing product to 5 billion people!!! Make sense?

no, capitalism forces the consumer to purchase what the capitalist makes available, at what the capitalist decides the consumer will tolerate or the market will bear

I am sure the capitalist loves the money flow generated by the consumer... so in a very important sense yes it is about love

love of profit

no, capitalism forces the consumer to purchase what the capitalist makes available,

ah but there are many capitalists and to survive a capitalist make available a better product than his competitor capitalists. If you doubt it go into business and try to sell a product half the quality of your competitors and let us know how well you do. Make sense?

it is about love

love of profit

and the only way to make a profit under capitalism is to have better products and jobs than your competitors. Now

do you understand?

it is about love

love of profit

imagine one competitor loved profit and another loved taking care of his customers. Which would survive?

I guess you retire because you are very very rich having sold a non obsolescing product to 5 billion people!!! Make sense?

I hear it is lonely at the top

ah but there are many capitalists and to survive a capitalist make available a better product than his competitor capitalists. If you doubt it go into business and try to sell a product half the quality of your competitors and let us know how well you do. Make sense?
I was in the business for longer than you have breathed air...the whole point of a business is to make a profit...making a profit has nothing to do with a better product or love, it has everything to do with making a product for the cheapest price possible and selling it for the highest price that the market will bear...it isn't rocket science...it's supply and demand...nothing more, nothing less

and the only way to make a profit under capitalism is to have better products and jobs than your competitors. Now

do you understand?
yes I completely understand that you haven't a clue about this subject...

..making a profit has nothing to do with a better product.

well I can certainly make a worse product and so can millions of others. Should we go into business to make millions with our worse products???? Isn't thinking fun?

the person who made the most profit for the longest...

the consumer just has to suck up the cool aid...and that's why you hire good management

period

of course if good products did not matter the horse and buggy would be big sellers not the Tesla all electric cars. 1+1=2

well I can certainly make a worse product and so can millions of others. Should we go into business to make millions with our worse products???? Isn't thinking fun?

omg...it isn't about making a "shoddy product" it's about lowest production of said product plus highest sales of the lowest cost product equals the biggest profit

get it yet?

yes I completely understand that you haven't a clue about this subject...

I see and so the only way to make a profit under capitalism is to have worse products and jobs than your competitors???????

Back
Top Bottom