• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Canvassers for Dem-tied group charged in voter registration fraud scheme

RenoCon

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
Dirty Harry left us with so many gifts...the nuclear option and now this:

"Twelve employees of an Indiana group tied to former Senate Minority Leader Harry Reid and former President Bill Clinton were charged Friday for allegedly submitting fake or fraudulent voter registration applications before the 2016 presidential election."

"The Indiana Voter Registration Project, an Indiana-based group focused on mobilizing and registering black voters, allegedly submitted an unknown number of falsified applications, according to a probable cause affidavit. Eleven canvassers temporarily employed by the group were charged by Marion County prosecutors, along with their supervisor Holiday Burke -- with one count each of procuring or submitting voter registration applications known to be “false, fictitious, or fraudulent.”"

"The investigation found that workers had submitted fake applications for imaginary residents, submitted new applications for people who had already been registered, and at least one application was submitted on behalf of a minor, according to Curry."
Canvassers for Dem-tied group charged in voter registration fraud scheme | Fox News

Unfortunately, only the little guys will take the fall for Reid and Clinton.

"Twelve employees of an Indiana group tied to former Senate Minority Leader Harry Reid and former President Bill Clinton were charged Friday for allegedly submitting fake or fraudulent voter registration applications before the 2016 presidential election."

"The Indiana Voter Registration Project, an Indiana-based group focused on mobilizing and registering black voters, allegedly submitted an unknown number of falsified applications, according to a probable cause affidavit. Eleven canvassers temporarily employed by the group were charged by Marion County prosecutors, along with their supervisor Holiday Burke -- with one count each of procuring or submitting voter registration applications known to be “false, fictitious, or fraudulent.”"

"The investigation found that workers had submitted fake applications for imaginary residents, submitted new applications for people who had already been registered, and at least one application was submitted on behalf of a minor, according to Curry."
Canvassers for Dem-tied group charged in voter registration fraud scheme | Fox News

Those cursed Russians are colluding with Harry Reid and Bill Clinton groups to sabotage our elections to make Trump look bad!

Bingo. They're trying to blame this on the minimum wage earning canvassers that they hire and stage outside of WalMart who will sign anybody up to vote.

The group that has ties to Reid & Clinton threatened the canvassers with being fired if they didn't register at least 10 new people per shift.

They managed to register 45,000 new voters before November 8.

Those cursed Russians are colluding with Harry Reid and Bill Clinton groups to sabotage our elections to make Trump look bad!

"I could be wrong" but I think that is what happened.

But you have to remember....just because these groups commit massive voter registration fraud and spend lots of time and money doing it, that doesnt mean they ever intend for there to be ACTUAL voter fraud. THATS just silly.

But you have to remember....just because these groups commit massive voter registration fraud and spend lots of time and money doing it, that doesnt mean they ever intend for there to be ACTUAL voter fraud. THATS just silly.

What they intend is irrelevant. Can you demonstrate that voter registration fraud translates into real votes cast?

I am absolutely blown away that Fox news released this story on the day after the Comey testimony. Utterly. Blown. Away.

lol...in other news, the Liberal sponsored mainstream media machine and their ... ah, lol, screw it, I just can't, I'm done... lol....

Yeah, Trump doesn't need any help looking bad. All he needs is a phone and a Twitter account.

What they intend is irrelevant. Can you demonstrate that voter registration fraud translates into real votes cast?
Can I demonstrate that criminal acts in general precede follow on criminal acts? Sure. Do we have proof of this specific act or others? Well...that would require an actual investigation, wouldnt it?

But I do love the kneejerk leftist response. You know its coming...you can set your watch by it. There has been a pretty clear history on this site. "No such thing as voter fraud." "OK...but thats just massive voter registration not actual voter fraud." "OK...but thats just one or two instances of voter fraud." "OK...fine...but its not enough to justify voter IDs." "OK...fine...whatever...you guys are all just racist" (irony lost that rats seem to have this predetermined notion that black people are too ****ing stupid and inept to know how to get an ID card).

I am absolutely blown away that Fox news released this story on the day after the Comey testimony. Utterly. Blown. Away.

lol...in other news, the Liberal sponsored mainstream media machine and their ... ah, lol, screw it, I just can't, I'm done... lol....
The charges were filed Friday. How is that 'mind blowing' to you that it got reported?

OH...and BTW...a quick google check shows that NBC, ABC, The LATimes Washington post, Washington Examiner, NPR, and a few hundred other media outlets also ran this story. Cuz..guess what...its 'news'. Ya make yourself look goofy when you play the silly "FOX NEWS!!! FOX NEWS!!! OMIGAWD..FOOOOX NEEEEEEEEEEWS!!!!" game.

Did we read the same article?

Curry said it's unclear how many problematic applications were submitted, but that it was "a relatively small number" of the 45,000 applications the group said it collected in Indiana.

Where did the descriptor massive come from? I agree with the part of the article that target the quota system as the biggest problem. They were only paid 50 bucks for 5 hours of work, and if they didn't meet quota they could be terminated. Did they really expect there would be no false registrations with a rule like that?

The charges were filed Friday. How is that 'mind blowing' to you that it got reported?

OH...and BTW...a quick google check shows that NBC, ABC, The LATimes Washington post, Washington Examiner, NPR, and a few hundred other media outlets also ran this story. Cuz..guess what...its 'news'. Ya make yourself look goofy when you play the silly "FOX NEWS!!! FOX NEWS!!! OMIGAWD..FOOOOX NEEEEEEEEEEWS!!!!" game.

lmao...oh man, I love that you're a part of this forum, you're always willing to pick up what other folks are laying down. Was kidding man, thought that was pretty clear, calm your snowflake outrage and find yourself a safe space to avoid triggers.

lmao...oh man, I love that you're a part of this forum, you're always willing to pick up what other folks are laying down. Was kidding man, thought that was pretty clear, calm your snowflake outrage and find yourself a safe space to avoid triggers.
Really? Which part was kidding? Cuz you sounded just like a typical "Gawd I hate Faux News!!!" jagoff. Glad to hear thats not who you actually are. Cuz...that would be ****ing embarrassing. Or were you kidding about the moronic defense of one illegal action because it may or not be attributed to another illegal action? Because...again...that would be really stupid.

So...which were you kidding about? One? Both?

Did we read the same article?

Curry said it's unclear how many problematic applications were submitted, but that it was "a relatively small number" of the 45,000 applications the group said it collected in Indiana.

Where did the descriptor massive come from? I agree with the part of the article that target the quota system as the biggest problem. They were only paid 50 bucks for 5 hours of work, and if they didn't meet quota they could be terminated. Did they really expect there would be no false registrations with a rule like that?
The rat politician in the story downplayed it (theres a shocker)...but I am talking in overall terms of voter registration fraud that regularly happens. Rats have a long history of committing voter registration fraud. Similarly, rat supporters have a long history of excusing it or ignoring it.

Ummmmmmmmmm. Can you demonstrate that anything the Russians did actually changed the results of the election?

So, are you trying to say that this story is not accurate?

Really? Which part was kidding? Cuz you sounded just like a typical "Gawd I hate Faux News!!!" jagoff. Glad to hear thats not who you actually are. Cuz...that would be ****ing embarrassing. Or were you kidding about the moronic defense of one illegal action because it may or not be attributed to another illegal action? Because...again...that would be really stupid.

So...which were you kidding about? One? Both?

I was kidding about my reaction to the story, because I knew donuts like you would explode in butthurt. Which is why I said I love that you are part of this forum...you never disappoint. :)

So, are you trying to say that this story is not accurate?

Nah, just doing my best impression of the right, in regards to how they receive news stories that may counter their talking points. I probably should have left well enough alone, I'm sure this story is very comforting to them in these troubling times...hehe

Well, it's easier to prove than this Russian nonsense, but that's not stopping you.

Ummmmmmmmmm. Can you demonstrate that anything the Russians did actually changed the results of the election?

Once we understand exactly what they did, we can have some academic studies that can attempt to quantify the impact. That will take awhile.

Given the margin of victory was quite slim (85,000 votes in three states), the drip, drip, drip of wikileaks leaks, especially within hours of the very damaging release of the Trump tapes (which quick diffused its impact), could have well depressed the HRC vote sufficient to swing the election.....

If that is true why do Democrat Leftist hate him tweeting?

Because we know that we have a fool in the White House, we don't need to be reminded of it every day.

I am still trying to figure out how pathetic of a leader you have to be to have your approval rating fall into the 30's during the honeymoon period of the administration.

Because we know that we have a fool in the White House, we don't need to be reminded of it every day.

I am still trying to figure out how pathetic of a leader you have to be to have your approval rating fall into the 30's during the honeymoon period of the administration.

Ya, a fool who policies and proposed policies have created the best economy we have had in 10 years and whose opponents can only answer with fake Russia allegations and bitching about tweeting.

Low poll numbers from pollsters who gave Hillary a 90+% chance of winning. Even with that Trump has a higher approval than Bill Clinton did at this same time.

The average person likes him tweeting, Dems hate it because he bypasses the Leftist MSM.

Once we understand exactly what they did, we can have some academic studies that can attempt to quantify the impact. That will take awhile.

Given the margin of victory was quite slim (85,000 votes in three states), the drip, drip, drip of wikileaks leaks, especially within hours of the very damaging release of the Trump tapes (which quick diffused its impact), could have well depressed the HRC vote sufficient to swing the election.....

yada yada yada. "Once we understand exactly what he did". And yet you pretend to know "exactly what he did".

Ya, a fool who policies and proposed policies have created the best economy we have had in 10 years and whose opponents can only answer with fake Russia allegations and bitching about tweeting.

Low poll numbers from pollsters who gave Hillary a 90+% chance of winning. Even with that Trump has a higher approval than Bill Clinton did at this same time.

The average person likes him tweeting, Dems hate it because he bypasses the Leftist MSM.

The economy was strong heading into the Trump presidency. He has done almost nothing to either enhance it or screw it up.

Perhaps you would like to tell us which piece of legislation is fueling our growth...

https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing-room/signed-legislation?field_legislation_status_value=0&page=1

Maybe its S.J.Res. 35 - Joint Resolution providing for the appointment of Michael Govan as a citizen regent of the Board of Regents of the Smithsonian Institution.... that one took some heavy lifting.

I am not going to educate you on the difference between election polls and opinion polls, its probably over your head anyway, but if you are interested I posted on this numerous times on this board, including in the last three weeks. Nonetheless, may I point out that if one has a 10% of winning and actually wins, it doesn't mean the polls were wrong as they acknowledged that chance to win. Moreover, Fivethityeight showed Trump with a 29% chance of a victory, which is one in three. A one in three chance that comes home is hardly a 'shock'

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2016-election-forecast/?ex_cid=rrpromo

Bear in mind that the finally polls had Hillary +2, which was her margin of victory in the total... pretty spot on.

Maybe the "surprise" was because the Russians really did cook the election; kind of like the 1919 World Series. There is no "fake" allegations about the Russian intereference in our elections. It happened. Frankly, it amounts to act of war. We just need to assess the damage and make sure it doesn't happen again.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/other/president_trump_job_approval-6179.html

The 'average person' disapproves of Trump's job performance (57% at last count) and 69% says his should stop tweeting (gleaned from a site that Trump supporters seem to be perversely interested in --- https://sputniknews.com/us/201706071054406051-us-trum--twitter-poll/)

I suggest, sir, that it is you that is out of touch.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom