• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Can't we all just get along?

George_Washington

DP Veteran
Reaction score
United States of America and proud of it!
Political Leaning
Conservative
It seems like lately, people have been creating threads in the basement about how they are angry at so and so, how they hate so and so, etc. I'm not going to name any names, so as not to add fuel to the fire. Maybe people have always done this but I just think it's lame, petty, and kind of childish. I would like to see it stop sometime in the future. i mean, I know there are people of different viewpoints on this forum and it's easy to get angry at someone in a thread where they're arguing one point of view and you're plugging the other. But I think we should all just try to make an effort to get along with each other, despite our differences. I mean, we're all members of the same forum.

Instead of creating threads to bash somebody, why don't we spend more time creating threads to compliment somebody? Seems to me the more productive thing to do.

I seriously think life is just too short to waste time being angry at someone. I mean, think about it, any one of us could die tomarrow. So I think in our short time here, we should work to make the world a better place and maybe start with this forum.

Last edited:
George_Washington said:
It seems like lately, people have been creating threads in the basement about how they are angry at so and so, how they hate so and so, etc. I'm not going to name any names, so as not to add fuel to the fire. Maybe people have always done this but I just think it's lame, petty, and kind of childish. I would like to see it stop sometime in the future. i mean, I know there are people of different viewpoints on this forum and it's easy to get angry at someone in a thread where they're arguing one point of view and you're plugging the other. But I think we should all just try to make an effort to get along with each other, despite our differences. I mean, we're all members of the same forum.

Instead of creating threads to bash somebody, why don't we spend more time creating threads to compliment somebody? Seems to me the more productive thing to do.

I seriously think life is just too short to waste time being angry at someone. I mean, think about it, any one of us could die tomarrow. So I think in our short time here, we should work to make the world a better place and maybe start with this forum.

Well I don't know if I'd go that far. God, reading that post was like watching a chick flick. But I do get you point to some extent. But I do go on similar rants down here from time to time. To no avail. Did one just the other day. Here ya go...

teacher said:
Yet another basement thread started by a member directly at other members.
Is it not enough that you can debate them on any specific topic? If I started a thread that just said "Billo sucks" I would be embarrassed. Well, not really, because I would give a good ten reasons why Billo sucked, I'd post some of his posts and rip them, maybe draw some pictures of him fuc*king Hitler's dog, but I would bring something other than "Billo sucks." These threads go nowhere and just clog shi*t up. "I'm talloulou and I really, really, really hate these guys." We get it. But is that worth a thread? The basement is an island of tranquility, compassion, sensitivity and well mannered smack. This shall not stand. This behavior does not get one into the basement VIP lounge.

If you really want to start a basement thread of this sort, take a page from cnredd's book. He says someone sucks and then gets all into the why they suck. Go check his threads down here on champs, danarhea and Billo.

I said this mess was gonna get out of hand. Look at you.

You say don't be an asshole. I'm saying if you are gonna be an asshole in the basement then be a more productive and entertaining asshole. So we are kind of on the same page. And if you think we should be starting threads complimenting each other, why don't YOu start, with me. Giddyup.

teacher said:
Well I don't know if I'd go that far. God, reading that post was like watching a chick flick. But I do get you point to some extent. But I do go on similar rants down here from time to time. To no avail. Did one just the other day. Here ya go...

You say don't be an asshole. I'm saying if you are gonna be an asshole in the basement then be a more productive and entertaining asshole. So we are kind of on the same page. And if you think we should be starting threads complimenting each other, why don't YOu start, with me. Giddyup.

Alright teacher you are a god among smack talk. You have mastered the art of trash talk, both verbally and visually, could serve up any fool in their own court, and are thus king of the basement. If you want any more than that, well, you better start paying me for this. I take Visa, Mastercard, and American Express. Oh and cash, I take cash. Isn't it weird how nobody seems to take anymore nowadays? It's always, "We take a billion credit cards but we don't care to advertise the fact that we take cash." Weird.

Yeah I get your point but at the same time my thread is really more like a love hate thread. I vented and spewed felt better and then mostly made peace. So see sometimes good things come from immature bullshit. Sometimes fighting helps you get past all the BS faster. I don't actually hate anyone and for what it's worth I think they all know it. I honestly believe God put liberals in my life for a reason... to help me learn patience and self control.

And as for the creative thing, I'm working on it TEACHER. So far I got nothing. I'm watching and learning. But I'm not sure you can become brillant at ripping someone a new asshole overnight, ya know? I was gonna retry today as people are egging me on but I'm not ready yet. I got to let it simmer.

George_Washington please don't take offense. I mean none I'm just an immature idiot who lacks self control and originality. I know the world is great 'cause we're all individuals but deep down I still want everyone to think like me.

Sometimes, there are people in this world that just tick you off, that's a given. However, I've learned that it's better to get that anger out than to let it simmer inside of you. What better place than the basement?

Stace,

I've learned that it's better to get that anger out than to let it simmer inside of you. What better place than the basement?

Good point. Althouth I wish that some of the people that really **** me off would come down here. Right now I have to settle for cnredd.

Originally posted by teacher:
If you really want to start a basement thread of this sort, take a page from cnredd's book. He says someone sucks and then gets all into the why they suck. Go check his threads down here on champs, danarhea and Billo.
Oh, that was a helluva example including my thread where he gots his a.s.s bitch-slapped back to Philli while running away like he'd just seen the Killer Rabbit. Then Kelzie tried to defend him and I tore her arguement to shreds. I proved every point he made was total bullshit. He hasn't talked to me (or acknowledge I even exist) since then.

Anyone who cares to look will see that I was the last post. He ran from me, I did not run from him. Now he's my dog, bitch! A tossed salad if we were in prison. Or just someone who thought he had me until I handed his head to him on a platter. It was a pretty big platter considering the size of his head. It's so big, his ego enters a room before he does.

Thanks for reminding me of all those emotions I had towards him. Now he's just redd, the mod.

Billo_Really said:
Oh, that was a helluva example including my thread where he gots his a.s.s bitch-slapped back to Philli while running away like he'd just seen the Killer Rabbit. Then Kelzie tried to defend him and I tore her arguement to shreds. I proved every point he made was total bullshit. He hasn't talked to me (or acknowledge I even exist) since then.

Anyone who cares to look will see that I was the last post. He ran from me, I did not run from him. Now he's my dog, bitch! A tossed salad if we were in prison. Or just someone who thought he had me until I handed his head to him on a platter. It was a pretty big platter considering the size of his head. It's so big, his ego enters a room before he does.

Thanks for reminding me of all those emotions I had towards him. Now he's just redd, the mod.

Settle down skippy. I didn't mention who won. I was just pointing out that cnredd put some thought and research and work into it. A little more than the first post just reading..."Billo sucks." Unlike many of these basement threads.

Gotta love a Monty Python reference.

Originally posted by teacher:
Settle down skippy. I didn't mention who won. I was just pointing out that cnredd put some thought and research and work into it. A little more than the first post just reading..."Billo sucks." Unlike many of these basement threads.

Gotta love a Monty Python reference.
No one is ever ready for the Spanish Inquisition.

Do you remember that Power Point I made of redd? That was me closing the book on all my animosity towards him. I got it all out of my system there. I can't say that I like him, but I don't hate him either. Nor do I consider him personna non grata, like he does me. Not a big deal.

His writings do have his own personalized tome to them.

All we need is just Love. Love people, not your job, your money, your assets, your clothes, your stupid WWW persona you try so hard to elevate, you flaunt to satisfy your carnal desires which aren't ever pleased. Love. Love. All you need is Love. And it will have to start with you. Not Tom, Dick or Harry. With you to end the hate. LOVE YOU ALL.

Originally posted by beyondtherim55008@yahoo.c
All we need is just Love. Love people, not your job, your money, your assets, your clothes, your stupid WWW persona you try so hard to elevate, you flaunt to satisfy your carnal desires which aren't ever pleased. Love. Love. All you need is Love. And it will have to start with you. Not Tom, Dick or Harry. With you to end the hate. LOVE YOU ALL.
F.u.c.k you! I hate you. Your the enemy. Your my terrorist. Your trying to fly a plane into my big, loving building and I'll have none of that. Because I am a kind, sensitive person who cares about the feelings of others, you asshole! I'm Father Theresa, dammit. Don't kill my buzz...

George_Washington said:
Alright teacher you are a god among smack talk. You have mastered the art of trash talk, both verbally and visually, could serve up any fool in their own court, and are thus king of the basement. If you want any more than that, well, you better start paying me for this. I take Visa, Mastercard, and American Express. Oh and cash, I take cash. Isn't it weird how nobody seems to take anymore nowadays? It's always, "We take a billion credit cards but we don't care to advertise the fact that we take cash." Weird.

Little low on cash right now. But I can UPS you your weight in Pez.

Originally posted by beyondtherim55008@yahoo.c:
Sorry, not interested in that or even a pilot license. Love out.
Then I'm sorry too. I don't what came over me. I don't know why those words slipped out. It must be your user name. I can't pronounce it and I forget it's spelling half way through. Anyway, welcome to DP. As time goes on, you will see that I'm actually the nicest person here! I'm Father Theresa.

How could anyone hate someone who comes up with:

*Have sex often if you wish, by all means, but do it within marriage, and remember all forms of contraception are wrong and detrimental to human beings.

Funky chicken...the Nasty....it's slang for sex. Or procreation if you will. response:
*Sorry but, I still don’t recall saying, "people should only do the funky chicken if they want kids".

*Sex is not just for making babies since it should be done to express love between married partners that is part of my faith; it is what should be done.
*Some people believe that sex is so beautiful that it warrants the death of another human
What about couples who never wish to have children...........would they never, ever have sex according to your plan? How about people who really shouldn't have children, for any variety of reasons? The response:
*Then sex is not for them, just as celibacy is not for some people.
*So all those people without eyes or legs or arms are not people?
(my personal favorite) It is a man’s lust for sex that can change his desire from females to males, he is not necessarily destined for paedophilia as long as he suppresses his lust for sex. A man that reverses his lustfulness will return to heterosexual tendencies.
So, I better start suppressing my lust for sex right now? That is what you said...is there a caveat?
*Yes, but you will most likely acquire bi-sexual tendencies first, and probably try to deny your situation. In an attempt to reverse the situation you may engage in deeper lustful behaviour thinking it will cure it. However, this is like throwing petrol on a fire that you wish to extinguish, so the problem gets bigger. If sexual lust remains strong, full homosexual tendencies will follow. After complete homosexual tendencies are exhibited this will most likely be followed by paedophilic tendencies too, and the desire to satisfy these tendencies becomes harder to resist. All these symptoms will take time to acquire, however, chastity can reverse the entire situation and a man will regain his heterosexual tendencies over time.
I'm lost.slicing and dicing of foreskins chopped off newborn males in his honor.
*Well I don't think God requests that we do that anymore.
And the reason was to stop masturbation.
OK - I've reread everything. I guess you're saying that IVF denies foetal rights because some will inevitably be wasted?
*No, that is not what I’m saying.
If someone decided to put you into storage then into a dish amongst other people, I would say, that is a violation of your rights

*So if they are independent of the woman and can survive outside the womb, why do you believe it is right not to grant them the rights of personhood?
*I have never said that they can survive outside the womb.
*Ignorant people miss out on many things.
*Newsflash:
Men don't pursue abortion when they get pregnant because they can't get pregnant

And finally(because, while this was a decent passtime for being bored, enough's enough)
*Please make sense when engaging in debate, your lack of knowledge and intellect makes your argument even weaker then it already is.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom