• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Can't have an abortion until you take a three-hour class on adoption [W:534]

http://www.valleycentral.com/uploadedfiles/kgbt/news/stories/sb42.pdf

From a democrat pro-birther, this time.

I am now ready to conclude that every person elected to office promptly loses their ****ing mind.

Texas needs more women like Sen. Wendy Davis and Sarah Slamen and less women with the mindset of Rep. Jodie Laubenberg.
A woman who has been brutally raped, needs extensive care, including the abortion pill, not a three hour session regarding adoption.
What's wrong with politicians in Texas? Are they so afraid of losing their jobs that they will seek to any level?

A class in order to abort a child, but not a class in order to have one? That is pretty twisted.

A woman who has been brutally raped, needs extensive care, including the abortion pill, not a three hour session regarding adoption.

What about those considering abortion who were not raped? Would you support the three hour class on adoption then?

If not, why did you even go there?

What about those considering abortion who were not raped? Would you support the three hour class on adoption then?

I support a woman's right to make her own decisions about her healthcare. There are many reasons why a woman might choose abortion, and it's really none of my business.
How about a three hour session on how to feed and clothe the hungry children in America, and how to provide equal education for all?

I support a woman's right to make her own decisions about her healthcare. There are many reasons why a woman might choose abortion, and it's really none of my business.
How about a three hour session on how to feed and clothe the hungry children in America, and how to provide equal education for all?

So to clarify, you don't support the three hour class on adoption for anyone. Why not just say that to begin with instead of singling out rape victims. Anyone who thinks abortion should be a legal choice for all instances needs to stop exploiting the tragedy of rape victims. It is disgusting and intellectually dishonest.

So to clarify, you don't support the three hour class on adoption for anyone. Why not just say that to begin with instead of singling out rape victims. Anyone who thinks abortion should be a legal choice for all instances needs to stop exploiting the tragedy of rape victims. It is disgusting and intellectually dishonest.

Your words, not mine.

I think they should take the class with an ultrasound probe inserted, while standing on their heads.

If that doesn't work, add something else. Eating raw meat, bamboo shoots under the fingernails, waterboarding.

Rinse and repeat.

/sarcasm.

There are also a lot of children waiting to be adopted aswell.

Those are generally, from my understanding, from the women/families who at first think they want a child and then keep it. Then the child becomes too much of a burden or hassle and not as fun at they had thought it would be... many are a couple of years old or older by that time, many have been abused as the person having them is often no more than a child herself, doesn t know what she is doing, had no good examples to follow... maybe this adoption course could influence those who were considering bringing up the baby themselves to reconsider and maybe give the baby up immediately. Babies go fast in adoption, its the older kids, it seems, that get the short shrift and the long foster stays, sadly.

I can easily support that. Lordy, there are so many families wanting to adopt a baby. Why not educate women on that possibility and give them a path to make it happen??

We are not broodmares for the barren. And pretty well everyone knows that adoption is an option. I don't support it, so I don't support promoting it, but it's the woman's choice.

If someone is considering adoption, she can see out information. She does not need a three hour 'class'.

http://www.valleycentral.com/uploadedfiles/kgbt/news/stories/sb42.pdf

From a democrat pro-birther, this time.

I am now ready to conclude that every person elected to office promptly loses their ****ing mind.

Hell no! Another bloody roadblock, as if the decision isn't already tough enough as is for most women? Women already know about the possibility of adoption. If a pregnant woman thinks that option is viable she can simply advertise for living support during the pregnancy period and paid medical care up to and through the birth. Effectively "sell" her baby.

But many women simply do not wish to go through a pregnancy. Forcing them to jump through hoops again and again is merely a last ditch effort on the part of pro-life groups to save a baby none of them need to take care of. Tell you what, if you are pro-lifer and you are willing to pay for the entire process, including financial support for the plus or minus 9 month pregnancy (or know a line of people who are) and find a home for it, go advertise yourself. The women who are willing will come to you, otherwise leave them alone!

P.S. Abortion cuts across party lines, I am not surprised to find anti-abortion Democrats and pro-choice Republicans. Big deal.

Last edited:
I think they should take the class with an ultrasound probe inserted, while standing on their heads.

If that doesn't work, add something else. Eating raw meat, bamboo shoots under the fingernails, waterboarding.

Rinse and repeat.

/sarcasm.

while it strikes me as a stupid law, the idea of comparing it to physical torture, or raising it above "stupid requirement" does little better

Your words, not mine.
But I'll tell you something, trying to strong arm people into adopting your beliefs won't work.

Your words, not mine.
But I'll tell you something, trying to strong arm people into adopting your beliefs won't work.

has she even said she supports the law? I think her point was more about the needless exploitation of rape to further your political interests

has she even said she supports the law? I think her point was more about the needless exploitation of rape to further your political interests

Has she put words in my mouth?
Are you her ventriloquist?

Has she put words in my mouth?

No, your first response was to scream about rape victims. It's a sadly oft-used and ill-conceived rebuttal used by some in regard to any point of disagreement on abortion

Are you her ventriloquist?

I'm not even sure how your rebuttal is suppose to make sense.

No, your first response was to scream about rape victims. It's a sadly oft-used and ill-conceived rebuttal used by some in regard to any point of disagreement on abortion.

Yes, it is used quite a bit by those who are unfamiliar with abortion stats.

Texas needs more women like Sen. Wendy Davis and Sarah Slamen and less women with the mindset of Rep. Jodie Laubenberg.
What's wrong with politicians in Texas? Are they so afraid of losing their jobs that they will seek to any level?

It could be that they genuinely oppose abortion-on-demand. It also could be that, as representatives, they are voting the way a majority of their constituents want them to.

Meanwhile, Davis certainly had the national attention and momentum to rally the troops and perhaps save the three Texas PP clinics closed Thursday. Why didn't she?

Back
Top Bottom