• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Can't Explain What Happened In My Home Yesterday

rhinefire

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Yesterday I gathered 5 of my 6 dumbbells to put them near my stationary bike. I could not find one of the 15 lb. dumbbells, so I quit looking. This afternoon I opened the door to my office and there on the center of my office desk sat the dumbbell in plain sight. I am not going to write anything more about this simply because nothing more can be said. I live alone so no one else is involved.

Bizarre. Are you experiencing any memory lapses that you're aware of?

If not, and I'm not saying it's aliens for certain, but it's probably aliens.

Yesterday I gathered 5 of my 6 dumbbells to put them near my stationary bike. I could not find one of the 15 lb. dumbbells, so I quit looking. This afternoon I opened the door to my office and there on the center of my office desk sat the dumbbell in plain sight. I am not going to write anything more about this simply because nothing more can be said. I live alone so no one else is involved.
I misplace things all the time, it's not necessarily a sign of dementia. I'd see a neurologist if it becomes a concern.

I can explain it. You moved it there, then forgot.
Most likely. Or it was a stack of papers during some sleepwalking dream or something.

Don't worry about it.

Now...if you find yourself unable to find your mask...when it's hanging on one of your ears, THAT'S when you need to worry.

(Unless you are a puppet in the WH. Then nobody cares.)

Most likely. Or it was a stack of papers during some sleepwalking dream or something.

Ah, well, sleepwalking is outside of my experience as far as I know. But then, virtually sleepwalking and doing something like putting the cereal in the fridge and the milk in the cupboard after a 2 am snack has not been so rare.

(Unless you are a puppet in the WH. Then nobody cares.)

Posting slot #6 and this is not in a political forum. Why even bother?

Ah, well, sleepwalking is outside of my experience as far as I know. But then, virtually sleepwalking and doing something like putting the cereal in the fridge and the milk in the cupboard after a 2 am snack has not been so rare.

I'm trying to find the episode of The Fabulous Furry Freak Brothers where Fat Freddy comes home wasted and tries to boil a golf ball, thinking it's an egg.

the_fabulous_furry_freak_brothers_by_sneakytree-d4g47f6.jpg

Because of the uncertainty principal it was in a superposition of both the gym and the office. When the multiverse branched you wound up in the one out countless billions where the dumbell was in the office. Just be glad you didn’t wake up in a universe where it was over your head.

Or maybe you just needed a paper weight and forgot you moved it.

Or gremlins

Everyone does that. Trump can't find his Beautiful Healthcare Plan, Lindsey misplaced his soul, and Cruz is pretty sure he left his spine right beside his Cancun cabana.

Perhaps you needed a paperweight? :unsure: ;)

;)

Could be sleepwalking. Could be ghosts. I sometimes think there are doorways through parallel dimensions where other us-es reach through and move things and set them down...accidentally splitting the dimensional fabric and setting things that we KNOW were put in a certain specifc place down in another place altogether...one that we have already checked several times.

Because of the uncertainty principal it was in a superposition of both the gym and the office. When the multiverse branched you wound up in the one out countless billions where the dumbell was in the office. Just be glad you didn’t wake up in a universe where it was over your head.

Or maybe you just needed a paper weight and forgot you moved it.

Or gremlins
Your explanation is the most fun of them all…

It's not a dumbbell at all. It's a smartbell!

That happens to me when my mind is focused on one thing, and the rest of my body is focused on something else... like putting a glass on the counter... and later I'm wondering how the glass got on the counter.

That happens to me when my mind is focused on one thing, and the rest of my body is focused on something else... like putting a glass on the counter... and later I'm wondering how the glass got on the counter.

This is relatively easy to explain though. You were walking around with glass in your hand, but you needed the hand for something else and (thinking of the something else rather than the glass) you put it down.

But who does that with a dumb-bell? You'd have to be a mountain of muscle to forget you were carrying a dumb-bell!

Back
Top Bottom