• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Cannabis pain relief without the 'high'

JacksinPA

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2018/10/181024163625.htm

In the wake of cannabis legalization, a team of scientists at the Research Institute of the McGill University Health Centre (MUHC) and McGill University have delivered encouraging news for chronic pain sufferers by pinpointing the effective dose of marijuana plant extract cannabidiol (CBD) for safe pain relief without the typical "high" or euphoria produced by the THC. The findings of their study have been published in the journal PAIN (The Journal of the International Association for the Study of Pain).
==========================================
There is significant market potential for the CBD market.

In the wake of cannabis legalization, a team of scientists at the Research Institute of the McGill University Health Centre (MUHC) and McGill University have delivered encouraging news for chronic pain sufferers by pinpointing the effective dose of marijuana plant extract cannabidiol (CBD) for safe pain relief without the typical "high" or euphoria produced by the THC. The findings of their study have been published in the journal PAIN (The Journal of the International Association for the Study of Pain).

how weed isnt legal yet is beyond me.

i live in the south and i dont know many people that are against it anymore. just our career politicians.

I didnt realize this was new.

They've been pushing CBD for pain here for years.

how weed isnt legal yet is beyond me.

i live in the south and i dont know many people that are against it anymore. just our career politicians.

When I worked nights and truly saw, through completely sober eyes how people behave on alcohol, really pushed me way over to agree it should be legal or at the very least, decriminalized.

I don't know when America will ever get around to dealing with this issue, I don't see legalization in the United States being done in any sort of Federal Framework, besides maybe a minimum legal age, best maybe to hope for is that it is stripped of its "Scheduled Drug" status and let the States have at it.

Even back when I was a pothead (more years than I will admit), it was already practiced to give synthetic or THC-free weed. I believe the most common version was a drug called miranol.

I honestly think people who need the pain relief should have the choice to get high since it doesn't hurt anyone, but there is no reason to avoid giving them the medicine. Hell, there's never been a good reason for it not to be available as entertainment.

Still, nice post and thank you for sharing.

There are strains of cannabis (mostly called 'hemp') that have high CBD content and virtually no THC. I've been calling various government offices trying to find out if the varieties with next to no THC are covered by the same laws that govern recreational use and best that I can find out is yes, THC or no, cannabis is all covered by the same laws.
I'm going to grow some anyway, and make pot butter from it for the CBD content.

This is not new technology. High CBD/Low THC weed has been around for at least the 3 or so years cannabis has been legal in my state.

I didnt realize this was new.

They've been pushing CBD for pain here for years.

When I post these items they are being discussed in the news item as being a new thing. I can't assume that everyone reading what I post is familiar with acronyms like CBD. I can either post for the general reader or go in so deep that no one would read it.

Now WTF is wrong with a goddam 'high' especially if it relieves pain without being addictive???

However, speaking for myself, as a decades-long pothead, Cannabis has zero pain-relief qualities. You need Opiods for that. Unfortunately Opiods are addictive, although if you are careful about it you can alleviate the pain without becoming a junkie.

Now WTF is wrong with a goddam 'high' especially if it relieves pain without being addictive???

However, speaking for myself, as a decades-long pothead, Cannabis has zero pain-relief qualities. You need Opiods for that. Unfortunately Opiods are addictive, although if you are careful about it you can alleviate the pain without becoming a junkie.

Opioids also cause constipation. When I was in rehab for my broken leg the nurses handed out Percocet like they were jelly beans, every 4 hours. You just had to ask for them. Great for sleeping. But each nurses' cart had a bottle of Miralax & they would periodically ask if you had 'gone.'

https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/322051.php

Personally, I have used it for such purposes to great effect. As a decades-long user, your anecdote is actually somewhat skewed by tolerance and lack of comparison.

I think most people agree that getting high isn't so bad. It's legal in some form in many states.

Sorry, not taking a 'pot head's' word for that, lol.

Esp when personal experience tells me differently.

And the THC does help with the pain aspect, it helps with the CBD because it helps people to dissociate from the pain...it works differently than the CBD.

You can buy products with both THC & CBD in all sorts of ratios to suit a person's needs.

btw, muscle relaxants relieve pain.

Back
Top Bottom