• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Cannabis Entrepreneurs Canada Wants You

Carjosse

Sit Nomine Digna
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
The Canadian government is investing 1.3 billion (for perspective our government deficit is 20 billion give or take so it is a lot of money) to help spur commercial medical marijuana industry. This move is to improve and standardized the quality of medical marijuana available to Canadians, these new companies will be certified by Health Canada and the RCMP where they must meet minimum security and quality standards. Up until this point medical marijuana was grown by patients themselves but often resulted in poor quality weed or it appearing in the black market. This will also legalize imports form the Netherlands.

From the CBC

I think you can support this no matter what ideology you are. Would you support a similar scheme in America? If so how much would you invest?

Last edited:
There have been a lot of proven benefits of the medical use of marijuana not to mention the waste products of the plant are beneficial to production.

Hemp seed oil
fabric & rope
paper - interesting fact I read, in the 20 year cycle for wood farms for paper, a 1 acre of hemp will produce more pulp for paper than 1 acre of wood would produce during that cycle.

I think if it is done right, the Canadians have a great idea; a more evenly potent product, security to protect against theft...it sounds like a decent idea...I hope it works out for the Canadians, maybe they can show the world that it is a beneficial drug and not the "demon weed" it has been pushed as.

This does nothing for people who's doctors have a stick up their butt and won't sign the forms to get a permit to use marijuana. We are relegated to suffering with our pain and/or other issues or breaking the law to get relief. What we need to do is legalise it, period. It is far less harmful than other substances ie. tobacco, alcohol which are not banned.

Back
Top Bottom