• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Candycorn and Gender

What gender are you and do you like candycorn?

• I am male and I like candycorn

Votes: 5 23.8%
  • I am male and I do not like candycorn

Votes: 8 38.1%
  • I am female and I like candycorn

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • I am female and I do not like candycorn

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • I have never tried candycorn

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Hoplite

Technomancer
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
I'm trying a little experiment, answer the above poll.

Can't stand it. Blech.

It is at its best...okay, but I have never really "liked it".

I like candy corn, but I like cream pumpkins better. They're so cute.
The only "traditional" Halloween candy I don't like is those peanut-butter (supposedly?) flavored taffies wrapped in orange or black paper. They taste gross. They remind me of Bit-o-Honeys, which I can't stand either.
I love taffy in general, though. Saltwater taffy. The only kind I don't like is that Halloween kind.

The only "traditional" Halloween candy I don't like is those peanut-butter (supposedly?) flavored taffies wrapped in orange or black paper. They taste gross.

I agree.

:2sick1:

I don't fit on the poll. I liked it as a kid, but I don't really care for it anymore.

You just have to get in the right mindset for it.
It belongs to a class of sort of butter or butterscotch-flavored candies that aren't really popular anymore, and so it tastes strange to the modern palate.
It's vintage.

OMG I love, love LOVE candycorn. I can't resist it. I'll eat it until I get sick to my stomach.

OMG I love, love LOVE candycorn. I can't resist it. I'll eat it until I get sick to my stomach.

Well, considering I probably have to buy some candycorn for Halloween anyway, for guests to eat, it's almost as if I should give you the left-overs!

Not a big fan of sweets in general.

You know what kind of candy I really love?
Root beer flavored.
I like those hard candies called root beer barrels.
I love A&W root beer flavored Jelly Bellies and A&W cream soda flavored Jelly Bellies.
In fact, I love root beer itself.
Nothing beats an icy cold A&W... unless it's an A&W float with soft-serve vanilla ice cream.
In fact, even sugar-free root beer tastes pretty awesome.

Somebody brought in a small bucket of candycorn to work the other week and left it open on their desk. It was amazing how many people put on their brakes when walking by and then grabbing a handful.

I could never stand it daily in my lunch but since it is only seen one part of the year it is just damn near impossible to resist. I try to stay away from sweets but after a couple hours of seeing people scoop up a handful of candycorn I had to get my handful.

What about.... popcorn balls? Who likes those?

/ waves hand wildly.

The best halloween candy is pure chocolate.

I hate chocolate.

The best halloween candy is pure chocolate.

Okay, but the question is: milk or dark? In the chocolate world, you could be called a wuss if you hate dark chocolate :)

And yes, I like popcorn balls. Just the end results of picking them out of my teeth sucks.

Okay, but the question is: milk or dark? In the chocolate world, you could be called a wuss if you hate dark chocolate :)

I like both milk and dark. If I had to choose between the two....milk.

I think chocolate has a texture like wax, and tastes like coffee and poop mixed together.

Hoplite, are you eventually going to share what this is about?

^ Ooh, speaking of wax, though... who's had those lightly-sweetened orange wax vampire teeth? I love those. There's something infinitely appealing about eating your own teeth.
I like wax harmonicas, too. They're made out of the same kind of sweetened wax, but they don't just sell them at Halloween. I haven't had one of those since I was a kid. You can play it for awhile, and then you can eat it. Yum.
Or how about whistle-pops? Those are pretty cool.
The idea of multifunctional candy appeals to me.
Edible condoms, anyone? :lol:

I like both milk and dark. If I had to choose between the two....milk.

Oh, you softie! :p I think I like dark a lot better. I do not have the stomach for candy anymore, but when I do, it is as if it is going to be pure chocolate, it needs to be dark. If not, then I need other ingredients to help me through it-caramel, peanuts, pretzels, etc.

I think chocolate has a texture like wax, and tastes like coffee and poop mixed together.

You've eaten ****?

Back
Top Bottom