• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Candido Camero, a pioneer in Afro-Cuban Jazz passed 11/7

Bassman

Next we have #12. The Larch
Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
West end of the Erie Canal (That's Buffalo, NY for
Political Leaning
Very Conservative

If you're well versed in the genre, and are familiar with the other founders like Chano Pozo and Dizzy Gillespie, Camero was a giant in Latin and Afro-Cuban Jazz.

I'm sorry to hear about this. My prayers go to his friends and family.

I'm ashamed to say I've never heard of him. I would assume that his name was real, but it looks so much like "Candid Camera," I wonder if he was ever kidded about that.

I'm sorry to hear about this. My prayers go to his friends and family.

I'm ashamed to say I've never heard of him. I would assume that his name was real, but it looks so much like "Candid Camera," I wonder if he was ever kidded about that.
As a guy who's been around the block a few hundred times, my favorite music to listen and play as an instrumentalist, is Jazz. As a fan of the late John Birks "Dizzy" Gillespie, I learned about some of the musicians he worked with. And Camero was one of them.

As a guy who's been around the block a few hundred times, my favorite music to listen and play as an instrumentalist, is Jazz. As a fan of the late John Birks "Dizzy" Gillespie, I learned about some of the musicians he worked with. And Camero was one of them.

Wow, Bassman! If you can play jazz, I flip my wig to you! I like both "big band" jazz and small-group jazz ("12 bar blues"). I even like Dixieland New Orleans-style jazz. The thing is, though, I like the last two types mostly when they are "live," which kind of restricts how often I get to experience it.

Back
Top Bottom