• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Candidate and reporter get into shouting match

harrytruman

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Carl Paladino, the Republican candidate for governor of New York, got into a heated shouting match with a reporter for the NY Post. Will this hurt Paladino, who is already viewed by many New Yorkers as a loose cannon, or will he gain support for taking on a member of the media? This story contains the video of the encounter.
SkunkPost.com || Paladino really is mad as hell (VIDEO)

Carl Paladino, the Republican candidate for governor of New York, got into a heated shouting match with a reporter for the NY Post. Will this hurt Paladino, who is already viewed by many New Yorkers as a loose cannon, or will he gain support for taking on a member of the media? This story contains the video of the encounter.
SkunkPost.com || Paladino really is mad as hell (VIDEO)

I don't think that it will hurt Mr. Paladino. My belief is that some opposing candidates, liberal voters and liberal press will start try to set up these candidates in order to provoke them and get a very hostile reaction to make them look bad so that it will weaken their good chances of winning this Nov. But that's just my opinion, it doesn't mean that I am right.

I don't think that it will hurt Mr. Paladino. My belief is that some opposing candidates, liberal voters and liberal press will start try to set up these candidates in order to provoke them and get a very hostile reaction to make them look bad so that it will weaken their good chances of winning this Nov. But that's just my opinion, it doesn't mean that I am right.

Image is everything. he's toast.

main_deanshout.jpg

main_deanshout.jpg

If developing an image as having a few screws loose meant that Paladino would be toast, this election would have been over long ago. Nothing about this is at all out of character for him - he's always skirted the line between angry outsider and furious populist.

If developing an image as having a few screws loose meant that Paladino would be toast, this election would have been over long ago. Nothing about this is at all out of character for him - he's always skirted the line between angry outsider and furious populist.

I was thinking more along the lines of what he is known for event-wise. He may have always "skirted" that line. But that general character observation is almost unrelated to how he is now known for this one event. Media stories are unfortunately event driven. "What does he actually stand for and how would he do in the position?" ...is one kind of image. But... "He shouted at that guy that one time!" ...is the kind of "image" I am talking about, and the kind of "image" that matters in an election.

main_deanshout.jpg

I'd wait for the results from the Nov. election before making this statement. People are more interested in getting Dems. out than image, but we'll have to wait for the results.

I was thinking more along the lines of what he is known for event-wise. He may have always "skirted" that line. But that general character observation is almost unrelated to how he is now known for this one event. Media stories are unfortunately event driven. "What does he actually stand for and how would he do in the position?" ...is one kind of image. But... "He shouted at that guy that one time!" ...is the kind of "image" I am talking about, and the kind of "image" that matters in an election.

It's New York. Of course the guys going to shout at him. I'm surprised I didn't hear worse actually.

Judging from the last line in your post, I think you're aware of just how weak of an excuse that is.

Judging from the last line in your post, I think you're aware of just how weak of an excuse that is.

Mr. Paladino will be elected since the voters are so angry at the establishemnt now that image doesn't matter this time. Everybody wants to get all these cleptocrats out of office and we will.

Mr. Paladino will be elected since the voters are so angry at the establishemnt now that image doesn't matter this time. Everybody wants to get all these cleptocrats out of office and we will.

Yes, image matters. That's why you have ridiculously wealthy canidates who've spent their careers among the elite trying to portray themselves as outsiders.

There is a limit to how much wackiness people are willing to tolerate from these people, the fact that the Nevada Senate race is so closely contesed now is testament to that. And last I checked, Paladino was 11 points behind Cumo.

Yes, image matters. That's why you have ridiculously wealthy canidates who've spent their careers among the elite trying to portray themselves as outsiders.

There is a limit to how much wackiness people are willing to tolerate from these people, the fact that the Nevada Senate race is so closely contesed now is testament to that. And last I checked, Paladino was 11 points behind Cumo.

We will see the results of these elections next month.

Back
Top Bottom