• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Cancel button in post reply box ?

Moot

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
I noticed that the cancel button that allows you to cancel a post before posting is missing. It's a minor inconvenience if you change your mind in posting a reply...which I often do.

I noticed that the cancel button that allows you to cancel a post before posting is missing. It's a minor inconvenience if you change your mind in posting a reply...which I often do.
I miss that too.

YES! And watch out--the new program remembers your unposted reply and will add it to your next one if you don't entirely delete it.

YES! And watch out--the new program remembers your unposted reply and will add it to your next one if you don't entirely delete it.
I noticed that, too. I hope they fix it cuz that could be a real problem.

I noticed that, too. I hope they fix it cuz that could be a real problem.
I'm not sure it can be fixed. The board I came from also used Xenforo and it was a problem there as well.

When you arrive at the end of a thread there is a reply box. If you enter any text and move on, when you return the box with your text is still there. You have to remove the text.....,.

When you arrive at the end of a thread there is a reply box. If you enter any text and move on, when you return the box with your text is still there. You have to remove the text.....,.
^^^This^^^

Unfortunately there isn't a fix for this and there aren't any add ons currently. The lack of a "Cancel" button for the reply box is my least favorite feature on xF. Hopefully something will come along in the future, but for now we're stuck with no button.

^^^This^^^

Unfortunately there isn't a fix for this and there aren't any add ons currently. The lack of a "Cancel" button for the reply box is my least favorite feature on xF. Hopefully something will come along in the future, but for now we're stuck with no button.

I accidentally found that if you begin a reply and change your mind, if you reload/refresh the page, the text you entered is erased......🤷

I accidentally found that if you begin a reply and change your mind, if you reload/refresh the page, the text you entered is erased......🤷
Just in case... click the floppy disk icon to save...it saves for 24 hours.

Can’t tell you how many people I’ve accidentally quoted.

Back
Top Bottom