• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Cancel Brazil Olympics?[W:20]

c0wardlyli0n

Banned
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
Is it even worth proceeding with them? Seems like it's a giant clusterf*ck. There's deadly untreatable bacteria in the water, and deadly violence throughout the city. Who would want to risk their life just to show everyone how fast they can run?

Is it even worth proceeding with them? Seems like it's a giant clusterf*ck. There's deadly untreatable bacteria in the water, and deadly violence throughout the city. Who would want to risk their life just to show everyone how fast they can run?

You broke a profanity rule and just because this is only your twentieth post I, 541, think I'll report it just to be obnoxious.

Have you read the rules?

Last edited:
You broke a profanity rule and just because this is only your twentieth post I, 541, think I'll report it just to be obnoxious.

Have you read the rules?

What a dumbf*ck attitude.

What a dumbf*ck attitude.

I'm complaining about the quality of posts here while I'm getting flushed down the sewer.

Come on, everybody's got to have their moment of contradiction so I thought I'd have mine.

I'm complaining about the quality of posts here while I'm getting flushed down the sewer.

Come on, everybody's got to have their moment of contradiction so I thought I'd have mine.

Arrgh?

You're right, I'm sorry, do you want to talk about closing the Olympics? Then don't try to bypass the censer.

Go find or post a better thread.

The Olympics aren't about bringing stability to cities. The IOC is about capitalist restructuring, and sequestering of resources. Anywhere the IOC plants its flag, vast quantities of public money go into private hands. Brazil is a two-tier country with a small middle class. The only reason why the Olympics are there is so that its wealthy can feed at the trough. And the wealthy can afford clean water, so who cares about poisonous bacteria, lol

You're right, I'm sorry, do you want to talk about closing the Olympics? Then don't try to bypass the censer.

Go find or post a better thread.

Yikes.
Did you have an opinion about closing the Rio olympics? Did I miss it in the thread?
Don't think I did...

The Olympics aren't about bringing stability to cities. The IOC is about capitalist restructuring, and sequestering of resources. Anywhere the IOC plants its flag, vast quantities of public money go into private hands. Brazil is a two-tier country with a small middle class. The only reason why the Olympics are there is so that its wealthy can feed at the trough. And the wealthy can afford clean water, so who cares about poisonous bacteria, lol

I'm worried about that virus the mosquitoes carry. Do eggs from an infected female yield infected offspring?

I'm worried about that virus the mosquitoes carry. Do eggs from an infected female yield infected offspring?

Don't tempt me with straight lines like that.

Talk about a thread going south fast! Yikes! :doh

Well we want to shut down the Olympics so we want the biggest scare possible.

What did you mean?

Why do we want to shut down the olympics?

too late to cancel, it will incense thousands of athletes. What they could do is relocate, probably to china as i think only communists are capable of putting such resources and devotion into something massive on short notice. Certainly brazil couldn't manage it in 8 short years

really the olympic model of rotating cities has got to go. Put it in a single location, like olympia greece, even rebuild the statue of zeus while at it. Or do away with 'spectacle' nonsense where one country shoulders the burden. Have archery in a backyward in korea, basketball in chicago, swimming in the pacific islands, etc. So few can attend multiple events as is and it's so dependent on tv that i don't know the point in a central location, other than to spread deadly disease

Because if they don't have their **** together and they have this virus then why not snub them?

you don't seem to get that the average brazilian wouldn't give a ****. They barely embraced the world cup. This would only harm the athletes who have devoted their lives to it

you don't seem to get that the average brazilian wouldn't give a ****. They barely embraced the world cup. This would only harm the athletes who have devoted their lives to it

The average Brazilian wouldn't give a **** if the zika virus got spread all over the world and nobody wanted to have children anymore?

Or worse, a generation of handicapped from the zika virus.

Last edited:
Moderator's Warning:
Notice the topic? It's not "let's see how I can act out in a thread". Stick to the actual topic.

People go weird places and do crazy things.

A good friend of mine is inviting me to go to Brazil. I'll probably take him up on the offer though I doubt it will be during the Olympics. I do want me some Brazilian BBQ and capirinhas!

RN8NLPw.jpg

I saw a report on how dirty-filthy the waterways are in Rio. The report claim 99% of the athletes that get in the water will get some sort of virus...and only 3 tablespoons of ingested bay water is guaranteed infection.

The Olympic committee must of had their eyes shut when inspecting the prospective venues....by cash most likely.

The Olympics are a joke...as relevant as the Miss USA Pageant.

News from The Associated Press

U.S. Olympic rowers will be given a new, high-tech training suit with anti-microbial features designed to protect them against water pollution in Rio de Janeiro.

Athletics apparel maker Boathouse Sports says the new, seamless one-piece suit is knitted with an anti-microbial finish. It also has water-repellant features to keep the rowers cool and dry.

Testing last year by The Associated Press found that the lagoon where the Olympic rowing and canoeing events will be held next month was heavily contaminated.

Boathouse Sports says the training suit to be unveiled Monday is so close-fitting it feels "like a second skin" and even features a "double-layered bottom construction" that allows rowers to skip underwear.

Back
Top Bottom