• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Canadians Warned The Government Can Confiscate Pets From Convoy Protesters

anatta

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Relinquished can mean what? I look at the twitter page this was sent on and the speculation is rampant
Certainly adoption is possible bit again ( ill link it) 1/2 of no kill shelters are still euthanized<--comment

A tweet from the official account for Ottawa’s by-law and regulatory services read, “Attention animal owners at demonstration: If you are unable to care for your animal as a result of enforcement actions, your animal will placed into protective care for 8 days, at your cost. After 8 days, if arrangements are not made, your animal will be considered relinquished.”

Once the government determined that the animals were not being cared for, the by-law indicates they can “place the animal in protective care” for eight days — and the owner would be billed for that cost. The owner’s failure to make other arrangements prior to the end of that eight-day period would result in the animal being considered “relinquished” by the owner.

The by-law did not indicate what might become of animals once they were determined to be relinquished, but critics on Twitter had a few guesses — and none of them were pleasant.

Relinquished can mean what? I look at the twitter page this was sent on and the speculation is rampant
Certainly adoption is possible bit again ( ill link it) 1/2 of no kill shelters are still euthanized<--comment

A tweet from the official account for Ottawa’s by-law and regulatory services read, “Attention animal owners at demonstration: If you are unable to care for your animal as a result of enforcement actions, your animal will placed into protective care for 8 days, at your cost. After 8 days, if arrangements are not made, your animal will be considered relinquished.”

Once the government determined that the animals were not being cared for, the by-law indicates they can “place the animal in protective care” for eight days — and the owner would be billed for that cost. The owner’s failure to make other arrangements prior to the end of that eight-day period would result in the animal being considered “relinquished” by the owner.

The by-law did not indicate what might become of animals once they were determined to be relinquished, but critics on Twitter had a few guesses — and none of them were pleasant.

Uh, yes. You approve of people leaving their pets uncared for over an 8 day period?

The government will do that to you in this country too if you idiotically leave your pet unattended.

:rolleyes:

Uh, yes. You approve of people leaving their pets uncared for over an 8 day period?
The government will do that to you in this country too if you idiotically leave your pet unattended.

you act like it's a voluntary "uncared for". The Canadian government SEIZES the dog -
which causes the "relinquishment" after 8 days. why even go after the pets?
this is targeted to the convoys and not general welfare animal control

Dang!

We have a mini-China or -Russia or -Iran on our northern border.

I guess no more jokes about how nice and kind and easy Canadians are.

After all, they did elect that silly goose who calls himself prime minister!

I guess the right wing media sewer is trying to extract the most out of this as they can!

The same people who parrot Moscow’s line on Ukraine and take no interest are mad as blazes because of some dumb truck drivers, in another country.

you act like it's a voluntary "uncared for". The Canadian government SEIZES the dog -

Why go after pets? Because their owners love them and are attached to them.
They can't seize protesters' children and permanently take them away. But pets are easier game for them to prey upon.

Of course. it’s voluntary.

Nobody told these idiots that they had to be there.

I'm not sure what "relenquished" means. Does it means you've given up your animal, and anybody can adopt it? Or maybe it's considered a stray animal, and can even be put down?

Of course. it’s voluntary.
Nobody told these idiots that they had to be there.
first they have a right to protest. I dont know if they have a right to assemble. like we do
And this has been debated ad nauseum
But the Emergency Power Act is why Trudeau is becoming a good little Nazi
( Im the winner of Godwin's law on this thread)

the penalties like seizure of bank accounts, suspension of licenses etc are draconian
Now they go after the pets? it's just cruelty

I'm not sure what "relenquished" means. Does it means you've given up your animal, and anybody can adopt it? Or maybe it's considered a stray animal, and can even be put down?
read the tweet. Relinquished means they go to a no kill shelter.
However from what I read about 1/2 of those animal s aer put down if not adopted ( going by Twitter page)

I just can't imagine how much of a MF'er a government official would have to be to threaten to take a person's beloved pet in their continued heavy handed attempt to subdue any opposition to them.

you act like it's a voluntary "uncared for". T
doesn't matter, laws like that here in the states too
I know a person who got a DUI while he had his dog with them and similar circumstances applied once he found himself in other trouble and was detained and being sent to jail

i dont know of the exact details or laws but i know if he didnt get his mom to agree to deal with the dog he would have lost the dog 🤷‍♂️

Not being there to care for the animal is voluntary.

Because the Canadians don't hate animals like Republicans do apparently.

As if the truckers care.

So when someone is arrested, does the pet just stay there in the street?

No.

So it doesn't matter if it's "voluntary."

Liberals are wetting themselves in delight at totalitarian governments destroying common citizens who don't bow down to them.

Take their trucks, freeze their assets, threaten anyone who offers to help, throw them in jail and for good measure threaten their beloved pets.

For a group who constantly states how important the protection of Democracy is to them, they sure do seem to support facist acting governments.

Liberals are wetting themselves in delight at totalitarian governments destroying common citizens who don't bow down to them.

Take their trucks, freeze their assets, threaten anyone who offers to help, throw them in jail and for good measure threaten their beloved pets.

For a group who constantly states how important the protection of Democracy is to them, they sure do seem to support facist acting governments.
59ABkhE.gif

Back
Top Bottom