• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Canadians Warned The Government Can Confiscate Pets From Convoy Protesters

Perhaps re read the notice. This is about rescuing animals that otherwise would be left alone in their owners truck should they be arrested.
indeed. but that was not my reply to tres and her "volunatary" claim

Liberals are wetting themselves in delight at totalitarian governments destroying common citizens who don't bow down to them.
Take their trucks, freeze their assets, threaten anyone who offers to help, throw them in jail and for good measure threaten their beloved pets.
that's exactly what is happening

Pet are taken to shelter od course, but they are probably towed with the rig,and yes it's inhumane
My question is is it mandatory, or can you have someone get the pet?
if it's arrest probably not. But suppose it simply a ticket?
The Emergency powers act takes normal policing powers to a totalitarin level
You haven't got this straight. They are only talking about taking the pet IF the driver is arrested and before the truck is towed. If there is a responsible person there who can take the animal they won't go to the Humane society.

I think the Ottawa Humane Society has a "no put down " policy. Relinquished means put up for adoption. What would you suggest,? Leaving them alone in the truck without food, water or bathroom breaks?
correct.but as I stated the "no put down" shelters have time limits if not adopted
or else the shelter would eventually overflow capacity

it's all consequences of totalitarian overkill - doesn't matter what i'd "like to see"

You haven't got this straight. They are only talking about taking the pet IF the driver is arrested and before the truck is towed. If there is a responsible person there who can take the animal they won't go to the Humane society.
I was responding to HELIX. I wan't sure myself about how the pets get to the shelter
. Since you are Canadian OK. thanks for the details

correct.but as I stated the "no put down" shelters have time limits if not adopted
or else the shelter would eventually overflow capacity
Not here. Unless ill or not fit for domestication animals are not put down. There is a very active adoption programme as well as a foster pet programme. I dont know about the rest of Canada but I know it's so in Ontario.

Liberals are wetting themselves in delight at totalitarian governments destroying common citizens who don't bow down to them.

Take their trucks, freeze their assets, threaten anyone who offers to help, throw them in jail and for good measure threaten their beloved pets.

For a group who constantly states how important the protection of Democracy is to them, they sure do seem to support facist acting governments.

Imagine a state actually taking steps to maintain order.

How weird, right?

Imagine a state actually taking steps to maintain order.

How weird, right?

Cool!

So if Trump gets re-elected and there's another BLM/liberal protest, he can send in the government thugs to "maintain order".

I'll make sure to bookmark this page even though I'm quite sure you would never change your position.

Cool!

So if Trump gets re-elected and there's another BLM/liberal protest, he can send in the government thugs to "maintain order".

I'll make sure to bookmark this page even though I'm quite sure you would never change your position.
Actually, in the USA, that would be up to the state governor.

How odd that you didn't know that. It makes me question how well you are informed.

Actually, in the USA, that would be up to the state governor.

How odd that you didn't know that. It makes me question how well you are informed.

*rolling eyes*

I really don't like wasting time teaching clueless liberals.

Federal Officers Use Unmarked Vehicles To Grab People In Portland, DHS Confirms​

*rolling eyes*

I really don't like wasting time teaching clueless liberals.

I remember that happening. It also happened in NYC. It was also illegal.

Relinquished can mean what? I look at the twitter page this was sent on and the speculation is rampant
Certainly adoption is possible bit again ( ill link it) 1/2 of no kill shelters are still euthanized<--comment

A tweet from the official account for Ottawa’s by-law and regulatory services read, “Attention animal owners at demonstration: If you are unable to care for your animal as a result of enforcement actions, your animal will placed into protective care for 8 days, at your cost. After 8 days, if arrangements are not made, your animal will be considered relinquished.”

Once the government determined that the animals were not being cared for, the by-law indicates they can “place the animal in protective care” for eight days — and the owner would be billed for that cost. The owner’s failure to make other arrangements prior to the end of that eight-day period would result in the animal being considered “relinquished” by the owner.

The by-law did not indicate what might become of animals once they were determined to be relinquished, but critics on Twitter had a few guesses — and none of them were pleasant.
so just to be clear, Canada separating people from their pets and putting the pets in cages is bad and Americans separating parents from their babies and putting the babies in cages is good?

I remember that happening. It also happened in NYC. It was also illegal.

Oh, it's illegal when a Republican does it to liberal protesters.

Sorry, didn't know your hypocritical rules.

No, it's just illegal.

If a federal officer snatches a citizen off the streets of my city without a warrant, that federal officer has committed a crime. He is outside of his jurisdiction and lacks the authority to detain the citizen, unless the citizen is *at that moment* engaged in a violent crime.

Build a better strawman.

so just to be clear, Canada separating people from their pets and putting the pets in cages is bad and Americans separating parents from their babies and putting the babies in cages is good?

Are you talking about Obama, Trump or Biden? You know, since they all did it.

No, it's just illegal.

If a federal officer snatches a citizen off the streets of my city without a warrant, that federal officer has committed a crime. He is outside of his jurisdiction and lacks the authority to detain the citizen, unless the citizen is *at that moment* engaged in a violent crime.

Build a better strawman.

Oh, so you only support government thuggery when it's liberal governments being the A holes.

Oh, so you only support government thuggery when it's liberal governments being the A holes.

I see you're still trying to prop up your pathetic strawman.

Are you talking about Obama, Trump or Biden? You know, since they all did it.

poor dobie, like all delicate conservatives you have to resort to lying to yourself to cling to a narrative. President Obama did not have a policy to intentionally seperate babies from their parents. oh as far as this goes.

There have never been "liberal protesters" funded by conservative groups pretending to be a working class protest try to destroy a country's economy.

Not here. Unless ill or not fit for domestication animals are not put down. There is a very active adoption programme as well as a foster pet programme. I dont know about the rest of Canada but I know it's so in Ontario.
to be a "no kill" in the USA I think it's 90% of animals need to be adopted. the other 10% can be euthanized

I did volunteer work for state animal control facility back when I was younger in Maryland
most of those animals are euthanized..i won't go into the grizzly details of euthanization or corpse disposal

to be a "no kill" in the USA I think it's 90% of animals need to be adopted. the other 10% can be euthanized

I did volunteer work for state animal control facility back when I was younger in Maryland
most of those animals are euthanized..i won't go into the grizzly details of euthanization or corpse disposal

It's worth noting that Ontario is not in the USA.

Cool!

of course not .
BLM is allowed to riot and plunder and shoot fireworks and frozen bottles and bricks at cops
Burn down federal courthouses and set fire to police stations..no concerns about "commerce" there

No, it's just illegal.

sanctuary city? do you mean ICE as "federal officer"?

Under new Biden administration rules curtailing immigration enforcement, ICE carried out fewer than 3,000 deportations last month, the lowest level on record. The agency’s 6,000 officers currently average one arrest every two months.
ICE under President Biden is an agency on probation. The new administration has rejected calls from some Democrats to eliminate the agency entirely, but Biden has placed ICE deportation officers on a leash so tight that some say their work is being functionally abolished.

sanctuary city? do you mean ICE as "federal officer"?

What the hell are you talking about? We are talking about protestors being grabbed off the street.

Back
Top Bottom