• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Canadian soldier allegedly fed cannabis cakes to gunners in live fire exercise Bombardier Chelsea Cogswell faces 18 charges at a court martial for se

JacksinPA

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
Bombardier Chelsea Cogswell faces 18 charges at a court martial for serving edibles to unsuspecting members of artillery battery
Members of the Royal Canadian Artillery School (RCAS) participate in Exercise Common Gunner at a base in Gagetown, New-Brunswick in July 2018.

Members of the Royal Canadian Artillery School (RCAS) participate in Exercise Common Gunner at a base in Gagetown, New-Brunswick in July 2018. Photograph: Cpl Genevieve Lapointe

A Canadian soldier is facing court martial after alleging serving cannabis-laced cupcakes to unwitting members of her artillery unit during a live fire exercise. Bombardier Chelsea Cogswell faces 18 charges for her baking, including administering a noxious substance and behaving in a disgraceful manner.

Cogswell, who has served in the Canadian military since 2011, was working in the canteen during the multi-week “Exercise Common Gunner” at a military base in Gagetown, New Brunswick, in July 2018. The event is part of the Royal Canadian Artillery School’s officer training.
Cogswell is accused of preparing the cupcakes while she was working in the canteen and distributing them to unsuspecting members of her artillery battery. She has not commented publicly on the case.

“All the members of W Battery who consumed the cupcakes, except one, allegedly experienced symptoms which included dehydration, overheating, fatigue, confusion, dry mouth and paranoia,” according to court documents.
Images of “Exercise Common Gunner” show troops, including W Battery, firing howitzer guns with 155mm rounds.
=================================================================================
“Several affected members were allegedly unable to properly execute safe weapons and explosive handling drills,” wrote Commander Sandra Sukstorf, a military judge. “That afternoon, the affected members were treated by a medical technician and the military police were called.”

Two years in the pokey for this guy.

People who drug people don't generally do it only once. The military should have a talk with her locals. I bet others have been drugged. I don't believe this was the first go at such. Sickos work their way up to bigger and more high profile targets. It's a pretty big target for a first go. For examples, arsonists don't begin with a building downtown; sociopaths start with killing and torturing animals. Like those, drugging people is a power kick and one that starts small.

Last edited:
Two years in the pokey for this guy.

You want the guy in your unit? Me either. I'm pretty sure he disqualified himself. You can't ask a soldier to trust him. I give a shit if he did two years in the brig, he ain't got my back. Put him in someone else's unit. So where does that leave him? Out.

You want the guy in your unit? Me either. I'm pretty sure he disqualified himself. You can't ask a soldier to trust him. I give a shit if he did two years in the brig, he ain't got my back. Put him in someone else's unit. So where does that leave him? Out.
She's a female. Discharged with 'disgrace.'

Man if I was in the service and someone laced my food I think id want to beat the shit outa them. This isnt some frat party.

Pot can't hurt anybody. People smoke pot and drive all the time.

Pot can't hurt anybody. People smoke pot and drive all the time.
True but people don’t unknowingly consume marijuana and fire artillery everyday.

True but people don’t unknowingly consume marijuana and fire artillery everyday.
I'll bet it was the most fun they ever had. And then they all got the munchies.

Back
Top Bottom