• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Canadian regulator authorizes AstraZeneca vaccine

JacksinPA

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive

TORONTO (AP) — Canadian regulators on Friday authorized AstraZeneca’s coronavirus vaccine for all adults.

It is the third COVID-19 vaccine given the green light by Canada, following those from Pfizer and Moderna.

“This is very encouraging news. It means more people vaccinated, and sooner,” Prime Minister Justin Trudeau said, adding that the nation of 38 million people will now get 6.5 million vaccines in total before the end of March, 500,000 more now with the new approval.
===================================================================
With J&J & A-Z, that makes 4 vaccines that were developed in less than a year. Absolutely amazing. And we can expect this same level of energy when applied to sorting out the variants.

We still need small-molecule anti-viral drugs along with the antibody cocktails. The key target is the enzyme Mpro, without which the virus does not become infective & dies. I found 8 commercially available chemicals that inhibit this enzyme & inhibitor molecules like N3 are known. In a different area, cell entry inhibitors don't allow the virus to bind to a cell. Either camostat or nafamostat are in clinical trials. These are commercial drugs used to treat pancreatitis in Japan.

ya they authorized alot of vaccines but where the heck are they? i cant get one anywhere. and im sick of all this stupid mask crap

ya they authorized alot of vaccines but where the heck are they? i cant get one anywhere. and im sick of all this stupid mask crap

All you have to do is get yourself into a "high risk" category.

Please feel free to go out and get yourself obese, get some sort of debilitating lung condition, get yourself some sort of debilitating heart condition, acquire diabetes, and become over 70 years old.

Until that time, as my Sergeants used to tell the troops "Shut up and soldier".

PS - Just feel happy that you live in Canada where the "COVID-19 Burden" is 2.94% of what it is in the US. Now if only Canada can get its "Mortality Rate (Closed)" 2.61% down to the US' 2.1% (or lower). Mind you, that 2.61% is a "slight" improvement on the high of 58.62% and possibly "all this stupid mask crap" had something to do with that decrease (since there wasn't "all this stupid mask crap" when that peak was reached).

21-02-27 I1 ACTIVE per MILLION.JPG
21-02-27 A1 - G8 + CHINA COVID TABLE.JPG
(More charts and graphs at Daily Statistical Summary of COVID-19)​

Is the US close on getting the Astra Zeneca vaccine? I haven’t heard anything.

Don't worry, you'll still have to wear a mask even after you've been vaccinated. Want to know why?

they dont work very good out in the real world

if i get vaccinated im not wearing one anymore. i dont care about rules

they dont work very good out in the real world

if i get vaccinated im not wearing one anymore. i dont care about rules
You feel happy about infecting other people who could die as a result of your irresponsibility because you "don't care" about rules? I suggest you stay well clear of other people.

You feel happy about infecting other people who could die as a result of your irresponsibility because you "don't care" about rules? I suggest you stay well clear of other people.

well like i said i dont believe the masks work out in the real world

they are tested in labs not reality

they might even be making things worse.

TORONTO (AP) — Canadian regulators on Friday authorized AstraZeneca’s coronavirus vaccine for all adults.

It is the third COVID-19 vaccine given the green light by Canada, following those from Pfizer and Moderna.

“This is very encouraging news. It means more people vaccinated, and sooner,” Prime Minister Justin Trudeau said, adding that the nation of 38 million people will now get 6.5 million vaccines in total before the end of March, 500,000 more now with the new approval.
===================================================================
With J&J & A-Z, that makes 4 vaccines that were developed in less than a year. Absolutely amazing. And we can expect this same level of energy when applied to sorting out the variants.

We still need small-molecule anti-viral drugs along with the antibody cocktails. The key target is the enzyme Mpro, without which the virus does not become infective & dies. I found 8 commercially available chemicals that inhibit this enzyme & inhibitor molecules like N3 are known. In a different area, cell entry inhibitors don't allow the virus to bind to a cell. Either camostat or nafamostat are in clinical trials. These are commercial drugs used to treat pancreatitis in Japan.

Seems like a low vaccination rate. Do you have a sense why this is?

well like i said i dont believe the masks work out in the real world

they are tested in labs not reality

they might even be making things worse.
So by all means go out, get infected. Be sure to let us know how it feels fighting for breath on a ventilator while your lungs are filled with pus. Should be fun, no?

So by all means go out, get infected. Be sure to let us know how it feels fighting for breath on a ventilator while your lungs are filled with pus. Should be fun, no?

not if the masks are making things worse. then the maskers will be the ones getting sicker

What do you mean "if"? It's clear you have no idea what you're talking about, and are just regurgitating some ignorant crap you read somewhere.

mask are tested in labs not out in real world

go out in real world and observe poeple with masks and you will see a million things that reduce their affectiveness and also make wearing them potentially even worse then not wearing one

Seems like a low vaccination rate. Do you have a sense why this is?

Mostly because Pfizer totally cut off all deliveries of vaccine to Canada.

That situation is being reversed (and Pfizer isn't getting the benefits that it would have received had it not cut off all deliveries of vaccine to Canada).

For some reason the Canadian government doesn't appear to be jumping up and down with eagerness to deal with a company that took the attitude "Screw you Canada.".

I can't imagine why - can you?

Back
Top Bottom